...been here longer than the fucking monarchy Ezra's Avatar
    TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default "Even I knew that!"

Or an over-exaggerative "didn't you know that?" or "what! How do you not know that! I found that out ages ago!"

Is this tied to a certain block pattern, or is it just lack of confidence in knowledge, and surprise that someone who is normally knowledgeable on this account fails to be knowledgeable?
    Ideas don't determine who's right. Power determines who's right. And I have the power. So I'm right.

TIM
    IEI 4-6-9 apparently
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I know an SEE who says that a lot, and an IEE who says that a fair bit, but I'm not sure if it's type related. It pisses me off a lot, it's such an obnoxious thing to say.
    Quote Originally Posted by Agee The Great View Post
    Nobody here...besides me, seems to know what SLE is except for maybe Maritsa.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

HA seems a good hypothesis to me. I usually shrug it off, and comment on the new knowledge (if I consider it important at all).

This reminds me of the incredulity that I usually get when I admit to not having a cell phone - it makes me proud to be unique. However, that's not really the same thing, as "Even I knew that" is more normative.

LII-Ne

"Come to think of it, there are already a million monkeys on a million typewriters, and the Usenet is NOTHING like Shakespeare!"
    - Blair Houghton

Johari

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    156 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I never say that. I know that I know a lot of bullshit that people usually don't care about, so I'm not surprised if somebody else doesn't know.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah I think I do say that. Like, someone who seems to know more than I know about cars will ask my husband a car related question, and I'll think, "Even I knew that!" Even though I don't know much about cars.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

totally offtopic:

did anyone ever see dave letterman's game on his late night show

"sink or float" ?

that's kind of what this subform reminds me of.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I usually say this but not in relation to knowing things just seeing things. for example last night i was at a dinner party and some one said they have not seen the movie Anchor man to which I promptly responded "How have you not seen Anchor Man?!"
    Easy Day

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JWC3 View Post
    I usually say this but not in relation to knowing things just seeing things. for example last night i was at a dinner party and some one said they have not seen the movie Anchor man to which I promptly responded "How have you not seen Anchor Man?!"
    I have not seen Anchor Man.

Now admit that I'm unique and you're ordinary.

LII-Ne

"Come to think of it, there are already a million monkeys on a million typewriters, and the Usenet is NOTHING like Shakespeare!"
    - Blair Houghton

Johari

TIM
    IEI 4-6-9 apparently
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JWC3 View Post
    some one said they have not seen the movie Anchor man to which I promptly responded "How have you not seen Anchor Man?!"
    My SLE friend says that kind of thing to me all the time, usually followed by, "OK, watch it on the weekend, and we'll talk about it on Monday because you're not going to get this story until you watch it." And yeah, one of those movies was Anchorman.
    Quote Originally Posted by Agee The Great View Post
    Nobody here...besides me, seems to know what SLE is except for maybe Maritsa.

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ezra View Post
    Or an over-exaggerative "didn't you know that?" or "what! How do you not know that! I found that out ages ago!"

Is this tied to a certain block pattern, or is it just lack of confidence in knowledge, and surprise that someone who is normally knowledgeable on this account fails to be knowledgeable?
    I think its lack of confidence in knowledge and those with weak but valued are most inclined to use that phrase.
    LII-Ne with strong EII tendencies, 6w7-9w1-3w4 so/sp/sx, INxP

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think, "even I knew that!" very often, but, "how could you not know that?" often crosses my mind. Last time I got into an argument on that theme was how TV and radio makes money through advertising. It boggled my mind that a 40-year-old had not grasped that relationship.

Other notable examples include the burden of proof concept, or the idea of arms races. I want to strangle anyone who buys an SUV because it makes them 'safer'.
    SLI/ISTp -- Te subtype

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like these people because I can give them misinformation and have them say that to my face, and just feel bad for their fraudulence.