Thread: Male IEIs / INFp Men and Confidence

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Male IEIs / INFp Men and Confidence

strrrng and krae are both pretty confident. I don't think they're not IEIs, but it's interesting how they are pretty confident. I thought Beta NFs lacked confidence. Has anyone else noticed other IEI males' confidence levels as being quite high?

wants to be a writer. silverchris9's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't know what the general trend is, but for me, you could view it as a weak Se thing maybe. I generally don't know where I stand in a group, and since I'm not sure where my "standing" is, I assume it's comparatively low and act comparatively meek accordingly. But once I'm sure of where I stand I act much more confident. Strrrng and krae are probably really comfortable here after being here forever, hence the confidence. I think IEIs are really confident at the core, but so tentative about behaving really confidently (like an SLE, and probably because we've tried and failed in the past--weak Se again) that we might overcorrect some. So I tend to see my lack of "confidence" as a lack of confidence not so much in myself (I'm pretty sure I'm awesome, although I leave room for the possibility that I'm not *quite* as awesome as I think) but in my role/place/esteem in the community. I hope that made some sense.
    Not a rule, just a trend.

IEI. Probably Fe subtype. Pretty sure I'm E4, sexual instinctual type, fairly confident that I'm a 3 wing now, so: IEI-Fe E4w3 sx/so. Considering 3w4 now, but pretty sure that 4 fits the best.

Yes 'a ma'am that's pretty music...

I am grateful for the mystery of the soul, because without it, there could be no contemplation, except of the mysteries of divinity, which are far more dangerous to get wrong.

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Some people who act really confident on the outside are really insecure on the inside.
    LII-Ne with strong EII tendencies, 6w7-9w1-3w4 so/sp/sx, INxP

Pretend like it's the weekend Banana Pancakes's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by warrior-librarian View Post
    Some people who act really confident on the outside are really insecure on the inside.
    this

In my experience most people are internal opposites of various external persona characteristics.
    ILE-Ti
    6w7 sx/sp (low level of confidence)