Judeau ILI-Te
    Rickert SEE-Se
    Queen SLI-Te
    Princess SEE-Fi
    Gen. Boscogne LSE-Te
    Zodd SLE-Se
    Minister ESE-Fe

Incredible anime (and manga).
    Last edited by xkj220; 11-30-2009 at 08:34 AM.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not sure if I agree with most of those.
    "Alpha Quadra subforum. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ~Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Johari Box

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I saw in some thread that you had classified the anime as Beta... I'd would curious to know why beta and not Gamma.

Creepy-male

Quote Originally Posted by xkj220 View Post
    I saw in some thread that you had classified the anime as Beta... I'd would curious to know why beta and not Gamma.
    Themes about fate and free will and whatnot. Focus is on character's Drama fits... Griffith for example. A lot more "colorful" than something I'd expect out of a Serious quadra (Mushishi is my standard here, but Tortov Roddle and Clannad are also good picks, imo; Speed Grapher might be something to look at though).

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think I am going to change the typings of Caska (former ESI, now IEE) and Guts (former SxE, now ESI). Griffith stays as LIE. Corkus is also LSI instead of IEI, probably.

Themes about fate and free will and whatnot. Focus is on character's Drama fits... Griffith for example. A lot more "colorful" than something I'd expect out of a Serious quadra (Mushishi is my standard here, but Tortov Roddle and Clannad are also good picks, imo; Speed Grapher might be something to look at though).
    The question was for Logos, but thanks for answering anyway.

So basically; the show is "too emotional" to be serious quadra, correct?
    Last edited by xkj220; 09-11-2009 at 10:04 AM.

Creepy-male

Hmm, almost, but not quite. I think Serious anime can deliver their own emotional punches, but they'll do it in a less SO I'M UNLEASHING THE APOCALYPSE RIGHT NOW BECAUSE I'VE BEEN TORTURED >: way. If you want emotional Gamma, check Pokemon or Naruto. I mean, c'mon, Charizard, or Dramazard?

My opinion on my opinions: still need forming. Drama flavor is looking like it's not really a valid Quadra litmus test. I'll think about this a bit more.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmm, the thing is that I'm not sure if to categorize berserk as "emotional" per se. Intense... maybe.

Well, you guys are welcome to provide alternate typings for any of the characters.

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by xkj220 View Post
    Well, you guys are welcome to provide alternate typings for any of the characters.
    Griffith SEI
    Guts ILE
    Caska LSI
    Corkus IEE
    Pippin IEI
    Judeau ESE
    Rickert LII
    Queen EIE
    Princess SLE
    Gen. Boscogne IEI
    Zodd EII
    Minister LIE
    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by munenori2 View Post
    Griffith SEI
    Clearly Ni valuing, clearly EJ temperament. What he is doing is creative Ni, and HA Se, so this typing makes no sense whatsoever. If he is not LIE, then he would have to be a EIE. Perhaps I could see some sense on this if Griffith was an ILI, because super-egos sometimes seem similar.

Caska LSI
    No, she seems more of a SLI, but that doesn't seem to be her real persona. She has toughened herself up over the course of her life, but she is delta NF, and probably IEE, with decent Se role function.

Guts ILE
    Possible, although he seems too physical to me to be Ne > Se. Also seems Ni valuing (goes on a quest to find himself, etc). Very loyal unless crossed, in what appears to be a base Fi manner. Another character that has toughened himself up over the curse of the years.

Corkus IEE
    No way. Typical LSI. He has a paranoid, contrary attitude typical of the negative manifestation of the type.

Pippin IEI
    This typing makes no sense to me at all. Seriously.

Judeau ESE
    I hesitated between ILE, and ILI, but settled on ILI. Not rational, not extroverted, Se valuing most likely.

Rickert LII
    No. SEE or EIE. Typical slightly hyperactive, big hearted kid. Clearly extroverted.

Queen EIE
    No. Aristocratic? Sure, but delta. SLI or LSE imo.

Princess SLE
    ???.... huh? Total EII.Typical dreamy girl.

Gen. Boscogne IEI
    Same as Pippin? Sure. But not IEI, man.

Zodd EII
    Wow, the most Se valuing EII I have ever seen. Clear "I live for battle" attitude SLE. It's interesting because he acts in contrast to Guts, and the difference becomes apparent (It's the main reason I think Guts is Fi valuing).

Minister LIE
    ESE. Si-Ne valuing, Fe-Ti valuing. Manipulative schemer with a total lack of forethought (Base Fe, Ni PoLR). I have a hard time imagining a LIE in this role.
    Last edited by xkj220; 09-12-2009 at 01:01 PM.

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol sorry. I was drunk and just posted all the conflictors of what you thought.

Haven't seen the series but from what my brother's told me, it sounds like what Gul's said.
    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ha-ha.

Punk
    TIM
    ESE
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Had an ah-hah moment.
    Code:
    Griffith	- LIE
    Guts		- SLE
    Caska      	- ESI

Not that sure about these, but I wanted to post them if anyone cares and is familiar with the manga.

manga
    Code:
    Shierke  	- IEI
    Farnese   	- ESE
    Serpico    	- SLI
    Isidoro     	- SEE
    Puck          - IEE
    Last edited by DividedsGhost; 12-08-2010 at 07:02 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Divided View Post
    Had an ah-hah moment.
    Code:
    Griffith	- LIE
    Guts		- SLE
    Caska      	- ESI
    I agree

TIM
    EIE-Ni 478 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Berserk is pretty fucking fantastic. Almost through the manga and watched the anime awhile back. Guts is SLE, Casca is probably ESI, Griffith LIE, Puck is IEE, Isidro probably SxE, Schierke IEI, Serpico SLI.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What the fuck is all of this. Guts is extroverted, no chance he's an ESI. I always thought he's a SLE, mainly because he has strong Se and is prone to losing control (Fi Polr). And what's with Judeau being an ILI? Where that Fe Polr at? Clear cinnamon roll, too good, too pure, but not an ILI. LIE seems more plausible. As for Griffith... I'm not sure. I would say he's Fe dominant but his lack of empathy contradicts it. However he is a skilled manipulator, and is able to read people's emotions very easily (minister Foss). He also seems like a clear Beta. I would really say he's an IEI but his Te is far stronger than that of an IEI, he's very strategic and scarily ambitious. EIE perhaps? Charisma, leadership skills... Seems right, despite the said lack of empathy, which I would say is a learned trait. His life as Femto does not count. Whoever types Charlotte as an extrovert/Se dominant... You need help.