Thread: Quasi-Identical/Dual/Conflictor

wants to be a writer. silverchris9's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Quasi-Identical/Dual/Conflictor

The relationship between quasi-identicals, duals, and conflictors is something that I'm interested in knowing more about. It would be great if people could post stories, examples, analyses, etc., of their experiences with and views of quasi-identical, conflicting and dual intertype relationships, especially the similarities between you and your quasi-identical, or between your dual and your conflictor, if any.

My theory is that quasi-identical pairs are superficially similar and totally divergent at the core, leading an individual which is the dual of one of the quasi-identicals and conflictor of the other either to expect positive things from the conflictor which never materialize, or expect negative things from the dual which surprisingly do not appear. I am interested in gathering data to study this hypothesis, as well as general quasi-identical/dual/conflictor relations. The hypothesized action might also involve a little -based patternmaking though, so the theory might be less applicable to valuers, or a similar thing may manifest itself in a different way.

Anyway, all input appreciated!
    Not a rule, just a trend.

IEI. Probably Fe subtype. Pretty sure I'm E4, sexual instinctual type, fairly confident that I'm a 3 wing now, so: IEI-Fe E4w3 sx/so. Considering 3w4 now, but pretty sure that 4 fits the best.

Yes 'a ma'am that's pretty music...

I am grateful for the mystery of the soul, because without it, there could be no contemplation, except of the mysteries of divinity, which are far more dangerous to get wrong.

TIM
    ENTj 3w4 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My mom is my quasi-identical. I actually do enjoy being around her a lot of the time. I love talking issues with her despite her being extremely difficult to convince. I have problems focusing on her words. Even when what she is talking about something that would normally seem interesting, I have a tendency to zone out. I didn't always live with her, but when I did she tended to make demands on me which I disagreed with. For, example she wanted me to join a bowling league or a sports team for the sake of meeting people (long story short, I moved to different state to live with her). Overall though, I really enjoy being around her because we both have similar intellectual interests. I admire her because i really see her as an intelligent, but she is a little too unfocused. She had some crazy teenage years and has been going to school longer than I've been alive.
    3w4-5w6-9w8

wants to be a writer. silverchris9's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the response. I think the bit you mentioned about not being able to focus on the specific words is a good point. When dealing with quasi-identicals and extinguishments they say things that make perfect sense to you, when you put it in your own language. But every time you do this there are subtle distortions, no? Like the gist is right but the spin on it is "wrong," meaning "not how I would process it." Also, quasi-identical relations (maybe extinguishment to a lesser degree) seem to benefit the most from opposing quadras' sense of respect for each other, since it's not such a great leap from the information they express to the same information in a form that is useful to you, or it's not as hard to comprehend what's so good about their perspective.

More thoughts?
    Not a rule, just a trend.

IEI. Probably Fe subtype. Pretty sure I'm E4, sexual instinctual type, fairly confident that I'm a 3 wing now, so: IEI-Fe E4w3 sx/so. Considering 3w4 now, but pretty sure that 4 fits the best.

Yes 'a ma'am that's pretty music...

I am grateful for the mystery of the soul, because without it, there could be no contemplation, except of the mysteries of divinity, which are far more dangerous to get wrong.