Thread: What's My Type?

TIM
    Fi-IEE Sx/so 739
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default What's My Type?

Based on these descriptions, can you deduce my type? It's a little long.

Is pretty laid-back and is able to act calm in almost any situation. He enjoys feeling relaxed and to be in the company of his friends and family.

Constantly moving forward in his life and career in order to gain a higher position and more recognition. Unhappy with current circumstances and needs to constantly make changes to himself in order to become a better person.

Not a team player and is unwilling to be involved in most activities. In the past he was over involved and now emotionally drained. Due to his fear of over involvement, he now chooses to remain uninvolved with the activities around him.

Wishes for freedom and independence, free from limitations and restrictions except for the ones he choices to give himself.

Current situations force him into compromise and placing his own hopes and desires on hold for the time being.

His arrogance causes him to take offense quickly. Only those closest to him know deep down he is sensitive and sentimental. Self-centered, tends to take this personally and is easily offended.

Current situations force him into compromise and placing his own hopes and desires on hold for the time being.

Emotionally distant even from those closest to him.

Willing to become emotionally involved because he feels isolated and alone. He tries to avoid conflict and disagreements, but his arrogance leads him to quickly take offense.

Feels trapped in a helpless situation and is desperately seeking relief. He is able to find pleasure and happiness in sexual activity, as long as there is not a lot of conflict or emotional difficulty.

Alert and very observant. Always looking for new opportunities which offer freedom and the hope of making the most of them. Looking to prove himself and be recognized for his for his achievements. Feels separated from others and constantly trying to bridge that gap.

Has a strong desire to contribute and influence others, but it can make him restless. He is driven by his desires and hopes. Enjoys a wide range of activities, but he may spread himself to thin taking on too much.

Feeling held back and restricted from moving forward, looking for a solution that will give him more freedom and less obstacles.

Fears he will be held back from achieving things he really wants, leading him to search endlessly for satisfaction and become involved in activities which are pointless.
    --------------
    This is all from a color quiz I took. Granted, it doesn't seem that reliable but I regard it as fairly accurate.

TIM
    ENTj 3w4 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LSI
    3w4-5w6-9w8

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm guessing INFj, or perhaps INTj. I see Intuitive (attention to the future), > preference (preferring to avoid obstacles rather than conquer them) and Introvert (holding back and waiting for an opportune time). There isn't much there about Thinking, and the Feeling could go either way (that is, base or role + DS) so far as I can tell.

LII-Ne

"Come to think of it, there are already a million monkeys on a million typewriters, and the Usenet is NOTHING like Shakespeare!"
    - Blair Houghton

Johari

TIM
    Fi-IEE Sx/so 739
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LSI? What made you come to that conclusion?

TIM
    Fi-IEE Sx/so 739
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Haha. First impressions are often wrong, no?
    Ij temperament seems to be the consensus, for what reason?

TIM
    ENTj 3w4 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Default View Post
    LSI? What made you come to that conclusion?

"Constantly moving forward in his life and career in order to gain a higher position and more recognition"

sounds Se, especially beta.

"Current situations force him into compromise and placing his own hopes and desires on hold for the time being."

sounds like a struggle between Se and Si. Typical for Se creative me thinks.

"Has a strong desire to contribute and influence others, but it can make him restless. He is driven by his desires and hopes. Enjoys a wide range of activities, but he may spread himself to thin taking on too much."

Se

"Feeling held back and restricted from moving forward, looking for a solution that will give him more freedom and less obstacles."

Ni seeking

"Fears he will be held back from achieving things he really wants, leading him to search endlessly for satisfaction and become involved in activities which are pointless."

Se
    3w4-5w6-9w8

TIM
    Fi-IEE Sx/so 739
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Interesting. The quiz is a little contradictory on some grounds so I'll give you some more information, if that helps.

I'm a born procrastinator. I've always done everything last minute, and it always works out...somehow. Talent? Luck? Whatever.

Sarcastic. Very. I tend to use sarcasm a lot, especially when I'm expected to be enthusiastic, or when someone asks me for my opinion on something, and what not.

I'll often pretend to be really pissed off for fun, just to see people's reactions, followed by a smile so they know I'm kidding.

Another thing I noticed is that I avoid conflict. Arguments are fine, when it's constructive. When you're singing the same song and dancing to the same tune I tend to stop listening and start ignoring. I've never really been mad, though, just annoyed. Short temper, but the feeling passes as quickly as it comes. Never resorted to violence to prove a point or to intimidate, I don't see the sense in making the effort when it'll go nowhere.

Yeah, very emotionally distant. I'm fairly closed off, when someone gets too close I start feeling vulnerable; it's hard for me to put myself out there.

I don't give out compliments very often. When I'm being coerced into saying something I don't feel I should say, I simply smile, nod, and maybe say something like, 'okay' or 'thanks'

TIM
    ENTj 3w4 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nothing there is strongly indicating. maybe some T > F

Considering everything so far I'm pretty certain of ISTj.
    I don't know where the others are seeing Ne and I'm seeing definite Fi role.
    3w4-5w6-9w8

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

--------------
    This is all from a color quiz I took. Granted, it doesn't seem that reliable but I regard it as fairly accurate.
    Whaa?

How about you describe yourself in your own words?
    Or at least differentiate between what you agree with and don't agree with.

TIM
    Fi-IEE Sx/so 739
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hmm. I'd have to think about what else to add.

Haha. I did describe myself, kind of.

TIM
    ENTj 3w4 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If he agrees that what was said describes him, it doesn't really matter where he got it from.
    3w4-5w6-9w8

TIM
    Fi-IEE Sx/so 739
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

color quiz, it's some scientific study about how certain colors universally symbolize different emotions... and that choosing them in a specific order tells you a little about yourself. seems like a pseudoscience, but there's nothing wrong with that if you don't take it too seriously.

sure, I could break them down one by one, i'd have to give them some thought.

TIM
    Fi-IEE Sx/so 739
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is pretty laid-back and is able to act calm in almost any situation. He enjoys feeling relaxed and to be in the company of his friends and family. -- definitely agree.

Constantly moving forward in his life and career in order to gain a higher position and more recognition. Unhappy with current circumstances and needs to constantly make changes to himself in order to become a better person. -- agree somewhat. What other option is there but to move forward? I'll take the memories with me, but I'm not driving a car looking at the rear window. I agree with 'higher position and more recognition' in that I want to be recognized for who I am and not as I appear to be. I'm very distant when you first meet me. Introvert?

TIM
    Fi-IEE Sx/so 739
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ehh. forget it. too lazy to comment on each point.
    I wouldn't be opposed to being an IxTP, extroverted thinking seems to be a valued function for me... I'm not exactly an expert on functions, though, so I'd rather not try to make a judgment myself. The only thing I'm absolutely sure of is that I'm not an extravert, I don't take initiative in anything. Ever.

Well, vague's better than nothing.
    What is it that I said that struck a chord with you, to be exact?

I'll take a look at wikisocion again, but if I could determine a type through there I would've done that by now. It wasn't working out,

Maybe another thing about me is that I don't really know what my true talents are. I'm good at most of the things I've tried - sports, music, academics. Being well-rounded isn't all that great, since you have no idea what it is you're best at and what path you should take.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ILI.

Jason

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Take a look at these type descriptions

SLI - WSWiki

ILI - WSWiki

Template:Socion - WSWiki

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IxTP

TIM
    Fi-IEE Sx/so 739
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IxTP makes sense. Since I seem to be more in touch with my creative function, would that make me more of a producing subtype?
    It's when I come to Si and Ni that I get confused...
    It seems like I can exhibit parts of both of their leading functions, but I'm not sure if those little tidbits are significant or simply because of word choice from the writer. I can relate more to Si leading, but at the same time can't exactly cross out Ni either.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd guess LSE by default.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

TIM
    ENTj 3w4 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, if you're pretty sure about IxTx, then the best way to figure out j/p imo is by figuring out the difference between Fi-Role/Fe-DS and Fi-HA/Fe-PoLR.

http://www.wikisocion.org/en/index.p...ILI_and_SLI.29 Fe: IxTp-4th IxTj-5th

http://www.wikisocion.org/en/index.p...LII_and_LSI.29 Fi: IxTp-6th IxTj-3rd

also IPs tend to have problems motivating themselves into action, and IJs tend to have problems expressing themselves.
    3w4-5w6-9w8

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I now favor INTj over INFj.

LII-Ne

"Come to think of it, there are already a million monkeys on a million typewriters, and the Usenet is NOTHING like Shakespeare!"
    - Blair Houghton

Johari

context is king
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's when I come to Si and Ni that I get confused...
    It seems like I can exhibit parts of both of their leading functions, but I'm not sure if those little tidbits are significant or simply because of word choice from the writer. I can relate more to Si leading, but at the same time can't exactly cross out Ni either.
    How do you feel about these?

Caregiver - Wikisocion

Victim - Wikisocion

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can relate more to Si leading
    Then SLI would be a good choice.

But take a look at these specific descriptions of role function (where you're comparing the two functions of Ni and Si) and dual-seeking function (which largely helps distinguish the two types' values.)

I bring up the role function, because types can make much use with both their dominant and role function, so the ILI and SLI can sometimes look quite alike in this regard. The difference is there will be more desire and tendency to use the dominant function, which takes the role's place. Having this in mind, a value for the dual-seeking function (especially valuing it in someone else) and your primary valued function, are connected. Either Si and Ne are valued, or Ni and Se are valued.

So although this is just boring theory restated, I think reading these two functions here will help you decide:

Firstly, SLI

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________

Perception of (comparing to ILIs dominance of this)

SLIs are capable in the areas of mental abstraction, the use of their imagination, and making sense of patterns and phenomena around them. Usually, however, SLIs do not spend much time in fantasy worlds or inside their own heads, instead preferring to focus on the richness of their physical experience.
    SLIs often feel a need to maintain some amount of autonomy over their lifestyles so that they are not bound by others' schedules or demands. They generally dislike hurriedness and prefer to operate on their own terms. They dislike relying on others or on the outcomes of various surrounding events that they have no control of; they instead often prefer to take an active, personal role in projects of importance to them. Many SLIs naturally place greater weight or importance things that they observe in person rather than place extensive focus on secondhand information.
    In general, SLIs are less interested in information that is abstract or removed from their experience; they instead focus on what they have experienced or what has affected them directly. In some cases this can lead to overanalysis, misrepresentations of relative importance, and scattered understanding. They are prone to occasionally harbor doubts about the fullness of their mental representations of abstractions, hypotheticals, or situations that they are not directly involved in, which they do not really know how to resolve.

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________

Perception of (being less able of this than the ILI, yet seeking it in someone)

SLIs typically depend most extensively on firsthand experience to learn about things around them. They often seek to be pragmatic individuals who are generally down-to-earth and unaware of hidden meanings. They often do not emphasize unique aspects of their character, instead preferring the background and directing their attention towards the goings-on of their immediate environment.
    SLIs can tend towards an overly bland and conservative lifestyle. They often lack spontaneity and may exhibit the sentiment that something is missing and that little in their lives is novel and interesting. They appreciate people who exhibit a well-developed imagination, spontaneity, and new ideas. Such people often broaden the SLI's perspectives and give them a myriad of new experiences to draw upon. They are often recruited as willing collaborators into the constant unusual pursuits of IEEs

Secondly, ILI

Perception of (comparing to SLIs dominance of this)

ILIs generally place moderate to minimal importance on such matters as cleanliness, comfort, and sensory stimuli. Some ILIs may perceive these elements as a distraction. It is not atypical of ILIs to be completely uninterested by and unable to find any value in something such as a piece of fine artwork. Different ILIs respond to different such artistic stimuli in different ways; for example, an ILI might scorn painting as being worthless but possess sufficient background to enjoy other media, such as sculpture or music.
    ILIs are often uncertain about the messages that their own body sends them. An ILI might feel some irregularity in their own body and be unsure as to its significance in the overall functioning of the body. An ILI will seek to determine the consequence of such stimuli through their own understanding of the functioning of the human body... often with minimal success at determining the true cause, and often blowing things significantly out of proportion. An ILI's sense of self doubt may lead to such assumptions as the presence of a brain tumor as the result of a mere headache. In contrast to types, ILIs are significantly less adept at making active adjustments to their lifestyle to correct these minor ailments.
    ILIs are very capable of placing a moderate life focus on maintaining their physical comfort. ILIs often construct a lifestyle based on various activities which feed their own intellectual stimulation; though attention to maintaining comfortable surroundings is likely to be ignored insomuch as it interferes with the ILI's deep interests, ILIs generally will not ignore their own comfort entirely, as some attentiveness to it goes hand in hand with their inactive lifestyle. However, in doing so, ILIs often still neglect the world around them and become consistently mired in their own inertia, and are liable to perceive something as missing.
    ILIs often feel very hesitant and resistant towards lifestyle changes that threaten the commodiously constructed surroundings that they create for themselves. Nobody is better suited to opening the ILI for change than the hyperactive SEE, whose constant activity is perceived by the ILI as refreshingly active.

Perception of (being less able of this than the SLI, yet seeking it in someone)

ILIs are often characterized by their inertia. If left to their own devices, ILIs may choose to do relatively little to interact with the outside world. When they do interact with the outside world, ILIs often find their activities to be empty and unfulfilling. To ILIs, life is often characterized by periods of stimulation. For the ILI, however, true stimulation is often spontaneous, and interludes between periods of stimulation are often characterized by tedium, inertia, and apathy. ILIs are often not very adept at finding new areas of interest, and may seek to continue to reproduce past experiences instead of moving on to new things. In order to break out of this cycle, ILIs require an outside stimulus of spontaneity and activity. With such a degree of spontaneity introduced into their lives, the tedium and perceived meaninglessness is replaced by a constant state of activity in which the ILI can experience new things and escape from the confines of his own mind.
    ILIs are additionally very indecisive. They may lack the ability to make important decisions, especially with regards to their own future. ILIs do not always necessarily know what they want out of life and may have difficulty setting or achieving long term goals. In order to be able to act, ILIs require an impetus from someone who has a clear goal or material vision and the energy to pursue such an ideal.
    ILIs may perceive work-related or intellectual pursuits as being of great long-term importance, but such interests are often not perceived as possessing great importance in the short term and rarely suffice as a true replacement for the discomfort that an ILI may feel at his lack of decisiveness or inertia.

TIM
    ENTj 3w4 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aixelsyd View Post
    A lot of Fe PoLR types have problems with both.
    Fe PoLR has trouble expressing themselves with Fe, yes, but they have no desire to do so. Te is a form of expression. They are good at Te and perfectly happy using it and so they have no problems with expressing themselves.
    3w4-5w6-9w8

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Azeroffs View Post
    Fe PoLR has trouble expressing themselves with Fe, yes, but they have no desire to do so. Te is a form of expression. They are good at Te and perfectly happy using it and so they have no problems with expressing themselves.
    Then trouble expressing/trouble acting is the Static/Dynamic divide?

LII-Ne

- Blair Houghton

Johari

TIM
    ENTj 3w4 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Brilliand View Post
    Then trouble expressing/trouble acting is the Static/Dynamic divide?
    Mostly for introverts, but yes.

Just take ILI for example. Ne, a want to discover, is understood but barely used. Se, a want to achieve, is valued, but nearly completely unusable.

Now EII. Fe, the use of emotions to express one's self, is understood but barely used. Te, clear and objective expression, is valued but almost completely unusable.
    3w4-5w6-9w8

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Azeroffs View Post
    Mostly for introverts, but yes.
    Or more specifically:
    , : Two forms of expression
    , : Two forms of motivating to action
    , , , : Other things entirely

Interesting to call action - I do not hear that much.

LII-Ne

- Blair Houghton

Johari

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You're not sure if you're Si or Ni?

Si: Living in the moment. Focused on the senses. Down-to-earth. Likes stuff like nature, mechanics, woodworking, art, etc. Understands how to care for their own or someone else's comfort or knows how to help someone relax. The bottom line is that Si types are strongly in touch with bodily states or physical sensations in some way.

Further, Si types seek out people who are imaginative, who can show them the big picture and opportunities they wouldn't otherwise think of (e.g., a new career opportunity). They might like people who aren't very aware of their physical presence or who are "zany." (Ne-seeking.)

Ni: Living in the past or the future. Enjoys daydreaming. Enjoys topics like philosophy, history, literature. Might prefer abstract art to more down-to-earth types of art. Not as in touch with their senses; can go a long time without eating, sleeping, etc.

Further, Ni types seek out strong, self-confident, and charismatic people. They might feel stimulated by thrill-seeking, pushing their limits or situations that have an element of danger. (Se-seeking.)

Jason
    Last edited by jason_m; 09-06-2009 at 10:30 AM.

TIM
    Fi-IEE Sx/so 739
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fe PoLR has trouble expressing themselves with Fe, yes, but they have no desire to do so. -- If this is true, then I'm definitely IxTP.

The problem with romance styles is that I can relate to both caregivers and victims. To what degree, though, is anyone's guess. I'm still young so I haven't exactly had time to discover myself.

Further, Si types seek out people who are imaginative, who can show them the big picture and opportunities they wouldn't otherwise think of (e.g., a new career opportunity). They might like people who aren't very aware of their physical presence or who are "zany." (Ne-seeking.) -- And if this is true, then I'm ISTp.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I said LSE (ESTj) based on that quiz description, but considering how you've described yourself so far I'd say SLI/ISTp is probably a very safe bet.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

TIM
    Fi-IEE Sx/so 739
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, I'm probably ISTp.

"They might like people who aren't very aware of their physical presence"

This is something I don't understand, though. How can you NOT be aware of your physical presence? In what ways?

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"They might like people who aren't very aware of their physical presence"

This is something I don't understand, though. How can you NOT be aware of your physical presence? In what ways?
    Beats me!

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here's a description that I like.

The Enigmatic ISTp - Wikisocion

TIM
    Fi-IEE Sx/so 739
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

haha, that's helpful. When I read it I imagine someone who doesn't know they have a body? It's so vague.

That description's probably the most helpful one I've read. I can relate to most of that, so I guess I am an SLI.