ISTp
    SLI

Enneagram 5 with a side of wings.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by krae View Post
    amongst all other things even the Beta's hugs are just not normal, and something to be bitched at, ranted about and in need of correction, cuz like they r being krazies again, they hug too tightly, they laugh too loudly, they walk too proudly, they talk about each other too nicely

all those other quadras made this INFp boy cry
    so he'd like to poke them squarely in the eye

I love love love tight hugs.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Sauron, The Great Enemy ArchonAlarion's Avatar
    TIM
    Yet to be determined
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What counts as intense?

I'm an awkward hugger, but I do enjoy them. Intense hugs seem more like something comedic, unless the context is serious. Like you just threw the ring into the fires of Orodruin and are thus gratified with an "intense hug".

They are okay.
    The end is nigh

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tight hugs are the only hugs I give. I'm tall so sometimes people complain that my hugs feel like I am trying to pull their head off
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Only with those I'm about to (eventually) have sex with.

My b/f knows well.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

Exits, pursued by a bear. Animal's Avatar
    TIM
    It sneaks up on you
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly View Post
    Tight hugs are the only hugs I give. I'm tall so sometimes people complain that my hugs feel like I am trying to pull their head off
    lol, yeah. What good is a hug if it's not close and intense?
    "How could we forget those ancient myths that stand at the beginning of all races, the myths about dragons that at the last moment are transformed into princesses? Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love."
    -- Rainer Maria Rilke, Letters to a Young Poet

Mentioned
    287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Baby View Post
    Exactly!

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Right?! Otherwise you're just touching them with your whole body, which is fucking awkward. Hugs are about expressing and feeling affection, and if that shouldn't be intense I don't know what should.

Under cerulean skies...

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 07490 View Post
    Only with those I'm about to (eventually) have sex with.

My b/f knows well.
    I thought you were straight...no?

Exits, pursued by a bear. Animal's Avatar
    TIM
    It sneaks up on you
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hah, yeah I hate those awkward "goodbye" hugs that people give sometimes where they haphazardly put their arm around the other person's back. What the hell is that? Why would you even attempt to hug somebody if you're not comfortable embracing them? You might as well just shake hands. It's much less awkward and conveys about the same level of affection as a half-assed "hug." Also on my list of stupid things: air kisses if you aren't European. This is a practice gaining currency among yuppies (well, the women anyway). I find it irritating. If you are going to kiss someone, have the decency to come into contact with them. Although, I wouldn't recommend it among anyone you're not very close to in this age of Swine Flu and Bird Flu and who knows what else.
    "How could we forget those ancient myths that stand at the beginning of all races, the myths about dragons that at the last moment are transformed into princesses? Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love."
    -- Rainer Maria Rilke, Letters to a Young Poet

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hah, yeah I hate those awkward "goodbye" hugs that people give sometimes where they haphazardly put their arm around the other person's back. What the hell is that? Why would you even attempt to hug somebody if you're not comfortable embracing them? You might as well just shake hands. It's much less awkward and conveys about the same level of affection as a half-assed "hug."
    +5000000

Under cerulean skies...

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I detest air-kisses.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    382 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

If I initiate the hug, then yeah - tight and intense. If another girl initiates it, I'll go along but it'll be weak.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I want a tight, intense hug from Herzy

Creepy-female

I hate the looming anticipation of a hug. Like having some huge ass relative standing over you like a hawk just waiting to come in for the kill. It's like having the presence of a wrecking ball in the wings, waiting to smash you. My immediate instinct is to start, flinch, and slide backwards which always ends up with my face getting crushed in someone's armpit. I always want to yell, back off don't touch me blockhead. The threat of people invading my personal bubble of space makes me nervous and jumpy.

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've only had one tight intense hug that was meaningful to me, and it was confusing and wonderful at the same time. She bent over and grabbed around my upper stomach, straightened her back and stuck her butt up in the air, while squeezing really hard. We're no longer a thing.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hitta II View Post
    I hate the looming anticipation of a hug. Like having some huge ass relative standing over you like a hawk just waiting to come in for the kill. It's like having the presence of a wrecking ball in the wings, waiting to smash you. My immediate instinct is to start, flinch, and slide backwards which always ends up with my face getting crushed in someone's armpit. I always want to yell, back off don't touch me blockhead. The threat of people invading my personal bubble of space makes me nervous and jumpy.

Under cerulean skies...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

a "tight intense" hug I think is different from an aggressor, versus a caregiver.
    Hi! I'm an ENFP. :-)

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    382 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jewels View Post
    a "tight intense" hug I think is different from an aggressor, versus a caregiver.
    I thought of it as a firm don't-wanna-let-go-soon squeeze.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

TIM
    EII/INFj
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hah, yeah I hate those awkward "goodbye" hugs that people give sometimes where they haphazardly put their arm around the other person's back. What the hell is that? Why would you even attempt to hug somebody if you're not comfortable embracing them? You might as well just shake hands. It's much less awkward and conveys about the same level of affection as a half-assed "hug."
    I'll tell you a type of hug that is disheartening and angering, unless this is in fact what you are referring to. That one-armed side hug that some people do that says, "I want to give you a friendly hug but I don't want our bodies to come in contact because that would appear too intimate and I don't want to give any impression of intimacy whatsoever"

I can't tell you how irritating it is to anticipate an embrace from someone only to have them maneuver around your arms, slip one arm behind you and then give that oh-so-friendly gentle squeeze on your opposite shoulder while I feel like an exposed piece of laundry on a clothesline flapping in the wind during the momentary embrace. WTF. The only time I should ever be in that position with one arm around someone flanking them from the side is if I'm one of the Rockettes and I'm doing the can-can.

That being said, I don't particularly like hugs where I feel like my rib cage is about to break or I'm gasping for air, and consequently, I don't squeeze someone as hard as I possibly can when I hug someone. When I hug someone, I mean it, but I don't do it in a physically smothering way. I try to emphasize in my hugs a respectful, meaningful embrace.
    INFj

9w1 sp/sx

Creepy-male

Squeeze until MAXIMUM PRESSURE (with a I'M SQUEEZING YOU REALLY HARD noise) and then release sort of hug. Best of both worlds.

Then there's the "Hey " cuddle. Include a heartfelt frown while maneuvering yourself.

Then there's this awkward thing my LII friend does where he slowly paces towards me with his arms held out. Creeeeeeeeeepy.

Also, my EIE stepmum once corrected my hugging technique. Wtf? "WHY IS YOUR HEAD TO THE SIDE?! YOUR CHIN SHOULD BE ON MY SHOULDER!!!!"

Tangents.

TIM
    IEI!
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Coolanzon View Post
    Squeeze until MAXIMUM PRESSURE (with a I'M SQUEEZING YOU REALLY HARD noise) and then release sort of hug. Best of both worlds.

Then there's the "Hey " cuddle. Include a heartfelt frown while maneuvering yourself.

Then there's this awkward thing my LII friend does where he slowly paces towards me with his arms held out. Creeeeeeeeeepy.

Also, my EIE stepmum once corrected my hugging technique. Wtf? "WHY IS YOUR HEAD TO THE SIDE?! YOUR CHIN SHOULD BE ON MY SHOULDER!!!!"

Tangents.
    IEI, sp/sx 4w3.

Creepy-male

Quote Originally Posted by octopuslove View Post
    Word.

The most awesome tight hug I've ever gotten was from an LSI. We were in the middle of a road, and he grabbed me and started yelling, "I'm raping her! I'm raping her!"
    And yet LSIs don't like being serenaded in front of a crowd of strangers? I don't understand!

Creepy-male

Oh, not a romantic serenade sort of thing. I was planning on serenading this LSI as a joke, but discussion with idolatrie revealed "uh, no, he wouldn't find it funny".

wants to be a writer. silverchris9's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hugs are vehicles for emotional/ideational content, just like practically everything. So a hug should be tight and intense if the feeling is tight and intense. I find the pressing close conveys allows one to convey a wider range of feelings. But I don't mind the bro-hugs either, or the handshake-into-chest-bump-plus-shoulder-pat hug. But yes, if you can find a person who won't be freaked out by it, tight hugs are best. They mean more things.
    Not a rule, just a trend.

IEI. Probably Fe subtype. Pretty sure I'm E4, sexual instinctual type, fairly confident that I'm a 3 wing now, so: IEI-Fe E4w3 sx/so. Considering 3w4 now, but pretty sure that 4 fits the best.

Yes 'a ma'am that's pretty music...

I am grateful for the mystery of the soul, because without it, there could be no contemplation, except of the mysteries of divinity, which are far more dangerous to get wrong.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jessica129 View Post
    I thought you were straight...no?
    I was until I met Winterpark.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They are relatively diggable. I know a few people who don't like them. Well, fuck them. FUCK THEM!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sometimes I'm kind of standoffish with hugs... Every woman greets me with a light hug, but sometimes I'm just not feelin' it.. It seems formal. Or at times, I barely know them. I just get it over with. But with some people it's an intense hug. Which always feels kind of borderline sexual afterwards.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ezra View Post
    They are relatively diggable. I know a few people who don't like them. Well, fuck them. FUCK THEM!
    this is old but it made me LOL.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I feel like a dweeb when I with say comforting, affectionate stuff like that. A hug is good enough.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Herzy View Post
    Let's talk about how awesome they are!
    They are indeed king of all.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I want one now! STAB ME WITH YOUR LOVELINESS NOW!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Haha!

TIM
    ??
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol tereg
    <Crispy> what subt doesnt understand is that a healthy reaction to "FUCK YOU" is and not

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

like the kind bisexual SEEs give eachother while they pretend they're straight? ya I've seen those.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by crazedratXII View Post
    like the kind bisexual SEEs give eachother while they pretend they're straight? ya I've seen those.
    It's all good if they're female.

TIM
    SEI-Si 648 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Last edited by pinkcanary; 06-10-2017 at 01:51 AM.

"Information without energy is useless" Nowisthetime's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A perfect man hug is something that only happens if I haven't seen them in 10 yrs...

I'm not homophobe or anything...

well, maybe a bit when it comes to my own actions. Not in the sense that I'd judge someone else for it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast