Thread: Joy's type

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Joy's type

Okay, so I was originally planning on making the poll to include everything except Alpha types, Delta ST's, and EIE. I've reconsidered because if there's one thing that I'm completely confident about right now, it's that I'm a logical type. I totally suck at both Fe and Fi. A lot. Especially Fi.

I'm about 90% confident that I'm an extrovert, 70% confident that I'm intuitive, and 70% confident that I'm rational. Or something along those lines.

What I'm like outside the forum:

I am involved in a number of professional associations/organizations and either have a leadership position or have been offered a leadership position in all of them. This includes being elected to be the president of a group with around 200 people in it (I pretty much just run the meetings), two committee chair positions (in two different organizations), the secretary/treasurer (bleh), and involvement on several other committees.

I do a fair amount of public speaking. I've presented to a group of my peers twice and will be doing the second presentation for a statewide group of the same association. I have been a speaker at dozens of first time home buyer workshops and presentations to real estate agents. Public speaking wasn't easy at first, but I knew the more I did it the easier it would get. I was right, too. It doesn't make me at all nervous anymore.

I have to have a job that allows me to be physically active and to talk to people throughout my day. I simply cannot handle having a desk job.

An LSE and an LIE both told me recently that they think I'm more "detail oriented" than they are. I beg to differ. I do only as much of that sort of thing as I need to.

People who know me irl would likely describe me as knowledgeable, talkative, pragmatic, and confident. I'm often the one who gets things moving when there's something to do done and people are just standing around talking. I just get started on it and delegate tasks if necessary. I also help spur along decisions. I'll gather information from the people involved (who wants to do what, when they have to be back by, what they need to get done, etc.) and then develop a plan of action. I ask everyone if the plan sounds good, and then moving on it.

Most people would also say that I'm weird. I'm a self-declared geek but don't see it as a negative thing. I like to laugh and joke around a lot. Usually it's at a situation though, not a person . I so use self-deprecating humor, but not all that much.

I enjoy working in a male dominated field (99.9% of the people in my field are middle aged white men). People are often impressed that I can carry the ladders that I do, and I very frequently hear comments about how rare it is to see a female doing what I'm doing. Most people say they've never even heard of it.

Anyways, this is probably too long already, so I'll end it here. I'll answer questions though.
    Last edited by Joy; 09-02-2009 at 05:52 PM.
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

TIM
    ILE (ENTp)
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I haven't read any of your profiles

Anyway, you are ESE
    ILE "Searcher"
    Socionics: ENTp
    DCNH: Dominant --> perhaps Normalizing
    Enneagram: 7w6 "Enthusiast"
    MBTI: ENTJ "Field Marshall" or ENTP "Inventor"
    Astrological sign: Aquarius

To learn, read. To know, write. To master, teach.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The ESE typing never ceases to amaze me. Especially coming from Alphas.

Aside from the whole "I suck at Fe and Fi" thing, my boss is about as ESE as is humanly possible... and I am most certainly NOT his identical. I am also definitely not my LII ex-husband's dual.

But I don't expect anyone to take my word for it. I'll just take it as a compliment since it's a type from your quadra.
    SEE

TIM
    ILE (ENTp)
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joy View Post

The ESE typing never ceases to amaze me. Especially coming from Alphas.

Aside from the whole "I suck at Fe and Fi" thing, my boss is about as ESE as is humanly possible... and I am most certainly NOT his identical. I am also definitely not my LII ex-husband's dual.

But I don't expect anyone to take my word for it. I'll just take it as a compliment since it's a type from your quadra.
    ILE?
    ILE "Searcher"

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Me?
    SEE

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, if Joy was an Fe type it would be EIE probably. Ashton & servants just call her ESE because they think she is trailer trash and lazily stereotype the average American female as ESE or something.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    ILE (ENTp)
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Me?
    yes, why not?
    ILE "Searcher"

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 1981slater View Post
    yes, why not?
    It's not a horrible typing. It was my original typing, in fact. There's not much about the strengths and weaknesses that I can complain about, but I have a hard time with the idea that I don't value Se/Ni though.

Also, when forum Alpha NT's and I discuss stuff I usually feel like they're missing "the point". And I'm sure "the point" is something entirely different to them than it is to me. I feel like they're nitpicking irrelevant things and bringing up possibilities that don't matter. I usually don't really notice what the ILE's are saying because they don't really grab my attention. And the Alpha NT posts with a lot of Ti and Ne I almost never read because they just don't seem all that interesting to me. (I'd actually suggest asking Logos what he thinks of me being Alpha since he's the Alpha here that I have conversed with the most, I think.)

My values tend to conflict with my ESE boss's a fair amount. The role he wants me to play is that of an LII. He has all of these ideas for projects and wants me to look into them and make them work and I'm like "OMG THERE'S NOT ENOUGH ADDERALL IN THE WORLD TO DO THIS SHIT EVERYDAY!" I like him overall, but we definitely grind on each other. Sometimes we'll even argue (him yelling the whole time) for like two hours.

My dad is SEI, and we get along pretty well... but we have completely opposite world views. The reason our interactions are pleasant is because we are both very aware that we're nothing alike and never try to get the other to see things our way. His explanations of things sound like total bullshit to me, and I don't doubt he feels the same about mine. We can casually chit chat about small things though, as long as we don't try to go further into areas we don't agree on.

I also recently did some consulting work that involved spending the day with an ILE. It was pretty interesting talking to him. We got along well and were really chatty, but we were definitely looking at the same issues/topics from opposites sides of them. We could see the other's point and find it interesting ("Oooooooh, I never thought of it like that! Good point!"), but still saw the aspect of the situation the other was talking about as not as important as the one we were each focusing on. Our interaction was limited to a single day though, so I can't say how well we would get along in a closer relationship or more frequent contact.

My LII ex-husband and I had a very... logical... relationship. Our different values caused a lot of problems for us though. His lack of ambition bothered me. And he said that my enterprising nature was the most unattractive quality about me.

I realize that what I'm saying is completely dependent on my typings of these people, and you have no way of knowing if they're correct. I can PM you pics of all of the people I mentioned in this post if you'd like, but I don't want to post them here.
    SEE

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly View Post
    Yeah, if Joy was an Fe type it would be EIE probably.
    Definitely.
    SEE

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

if joy and mimosa are both SLE, then one of them is wrong since these are pretty different people.

my own opinion is that they are both not SLE. but that's just me.

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

A wise man he is.

Joy, it doesn't seem like you are doubting your type, so what is the purpose of this thread? I am not criticizing you for opening it, I am just curious.
    “Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage.”
    ― Anais Nin

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jarno View Post
    if joy and mimosa are both SLE, then one of them is wrong since these are pretty different people.
    Joy is E8, Mimosa is E3?
    The saddest ESFj

TIM
    ILE (ENTp)
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by fear of sleep View Post
    Joy is E8, Mimosa is E3?
    e8 hit

e3 sunk

ILE "Searcher"

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly View Post
    Yeah, if Joy was an Fe type it would be EIE probably. Ashton & servants just call her ESE because they think she is trailer trash and lazily stereotype the average American female as ESE or something.
    Not always. Sometimes they type them as SEI.
    "Alpha Quadra subforum. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ~Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Johari Box

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joy's signature
    SLE
    I don't think that's a bad typing at all.

Consequently, I think that our forum interaction is good and full enough to put us in the same quadra, whatever our types may be (and I've recently been doubting heavily my old typing...)
    Binary or dichotomous systems, although regulated by a principle, are among the most artificial arrangements that have ever been invented. -- William Swainson, A Treatise on the Geography and Classification of Animals (1835)

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SEE

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

YOU'RE A SLE NOW, WHAT?

How do we dualize in any way, shape or form? Explain this to me oh pramatic, confident business woman! You are the fist to my heart, the steel dick to my emo fag heart!

I just don't see it.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol b&d...
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BulletsAndDoves View Post
    the steel dick to my emo fag heart!
    Steel fag dick, you mean.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That emoticon says 'eek'; I just noticed that.

What of it, Joy? Eh?!
    Binary or dichotomous systems, although regulated by a principle, are among the most artificial arrangements that have ever been invented. -- William Swainson, A Treatise on the Geography and Classification of Animals (1835)

Creepy-Cyclops

Okay, so I was originally planning on making the poll to include everything except Alpha types, Delta ST's, and EIE. I've reconsidered because if there's one thing that I'm completely confident about right now, it's that I'm a logical type. I totally suck at both Fe and Fi. A lot. Especially Fi.

I'm about 90% confident that I'm an extrovert, 70% confident that I'm intuitive, and 70% confident that I'm rational. Or something along those lines.

I am involved in a number of professional associations/organizations and either have a leadership position or have been offered a leadership position in all of them. This includes being elected to be the president of a group with around 200 people in it (I pretty much just run the meetings), two committee chair positions (in two different organizations), the secretary/treasurer (bleh), and involvement on several other committees.

I do a fair amount of public speaking. I've presented to a group of my peers twice and will be doing the second presentation for a statewide group of the same association. I have been a speaker at dozens of first time home buyer workshops and presentations to real estate agents. Public speaking wasn't easy at first, but I knew the more I did it the easier it would get. I was right, too. It doesn't make me at all nervous anymore.

I have to have a job that allows me to be physically active and to talk to people throughout my day. I simply cannot handle having a desk job.

An LSE and an LIE both told me recently that they think I'm more "detail oriented" than they are. I beg to differ. I do only as much of that sort of thing as I need to.

People who know me irl would likely describe me as knowledgeable, talkative, pragmatic, and confident. I'm often the one who gets things moving when there's something to do done and people are just standing around talking. I just get started on it and delegate tasks if necessary. I also help spur along decisions. I'll gather information from the people involved (who wants to do what, when they have to be back by, what they need to get done, etc.) and then develop a plan of action. I ask everyone if the plan sounds good, and then moving on it.

Most people would also say that I'm weird. I'm a self-declared geek but don't see it as a negative thing. I like to laugh and joke around a lot. Usually it's at a situation though, not a person . I so use self-deprecating humor, but not all that much.

I enjoy working in a male dominated field (99.9% of the people in my field are middle aged white men). People are often impressed that I can carry the ladders that I do, and I very frequently hear comments about how rare it is to see a female doing what I'm doing. Most people say they've never even heard of it.

Anyways, this is probably too long already, so I'll end it here. I'll answer questions though.
    Have you ever thought about doing career coaching?

I think you are LIE, because someone else said so.

TIM
    ILE (ENTp)
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seriously speaking, this is the 34554645th time there is a thread involving Joy's type. I haven't thought too much about it but, IMO, Joy is

Merry
    Democrat (Socionics)
    Extrovert (or extravert?)
    Judicious

...and probably Ti dual seeking

ESFj
    ILE "Searcher"

Contrarian Traditionalist Krig the Viking's Avatar
    TIM
    C-LII
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The parts I've marked in red indicate EJ temperament to me. The parts in blue sound like intuition, especially Ni. The green sounds like Te to me, plus your overall "vibe" here which seems businesslike and focused on action.

If I had to guess (which I don't, but I will anyway ), I'd say you are LIE.
    Quaero Veritas.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BulletsAndDoves View Post
    YOU'RE A SLE NOW, WHAT?

How do we dualize in any way, shape or form? Explain this to me oh pramatic, confident business woman! You are the fist to my heart, the steel dick to my emo fag heart!

I just don't see it.

Quote Originally Posted by Cone View Post
    That emoticon says 'eek'; I just noticed that.

What of it, Joy? Eh?!
    The shocked face was mostly because you said that you've been questioning your type. It was also partially because you said that I could be Se ego.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    Have you ever thought about doing career coaching?
    haha, I was just recently asked a somewhat similar question... by an IEI...

I think you are LIE, because someone else said so.
    I think every type has been suggested at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by Krig the Viking View Post
    The parts I've marked in red indicate EJ temperament to me. The parts in blue sound like intuition, especially Ni. The green sounds like Te to me, plus your overall "vibe" here which seems businesslike and focused on action.

If I had to guess (which I don't, but I will anyway ), I'd say you are LIE.
    Thanks for the analysis. (:

LIE certainly does seem to make the most sense for me. Lately I've just been... questioning some of my Socionics premises. For example, is being "businesslike and focused on action" really a Te thing? Or is it just an ExTx thing? Is my action/solution oriented approach really Te/EJ, or could it be an ESxx thing??? And so on.
    SEE

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LIE certainly does seem to make the most sense for me. Lately I've just been... questioning some of my Socionics premises. For example, is being "businesslike and focused on action" really a Te thing? Or is it just an ExTx thing? Is my action/solution oriented approach really Te/EJ, or could it be an ESxx thing??? And so on.
    I'm more inclined to think that it is an EJ thing. The need to constantly be doing something can create a business-like focus.
    "Alpha Quadra subforum. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ~Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Johari Box

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think it's probably a combination of EJ + Te. My ESE boss doesn't come off as being "business-like" even though he very much is.
    SEE

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 1981slater View Post
    Seriously speaking, this is the 34554645th time there is a thread involving Joy's type. I haven't thought too much about it but, IMO, Joy is

Merry
    Democrat (Socionics)
    Extrovert (or extravert?)
    Judicious

...and probably Ti dual seeking

ESFj
    +1
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Creepy-Cyclops

Quote Originally Posted by Joy
    haha, I was just recently asked a somewhat similar question... by an IEI...
    I was thinking that perhaps someone who required a career coach, was maybe in a role that didn't pay as much as they required, so they'd need to get a better job in order to afford your services (although that's not the only person who would seek it of course), but on that, do you accept credit notes, I-OWE-YOU(s)?

Quote Originally Posted by Joy
    I think every type has been suggested at some point.
    I wasn't sure how serious this thread was, but I do think you're LIE. I don't really have the time to post an analysis of you as such, but I agree with those who are seeing the relevant EJ and LIE such things in you. Probably don't have the time to make it in part also because I think it would be difficult to make a case against it (LIE), I would have to play around with some "logics" for fun to do that.

Edit: But...i'll try to find time to read through those who say ESFj and such. It becomes interesting
    Last edited by Cyclops; 09-04-2009 at 10:11 AM.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

her being ESFj may explain why she is such a pain in the ass

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    I was thinking that perhaps someone who required a career coach, was maybe in a role that didn't pay as much as they required, so they'd need to get a better job in order to afford your services (although that's not the only person who would seek it of course), but on that, do you accept credit notes, I-OWE-YOU(s)?
    It's always fun talking about people's goals and options with them, but I'm not qualified to charge for that sort of thing.
    SEE

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've often been very attracted to Se and Ni types (especially Ni types, tbh), but almost never Ne/Si types. And the world view of every Alpha I've known has seemed totally backwards to me.
    SEE

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've often been very attracted to Se and Ni types (especially Ni types, tbh), but almost never Ne/Si types. And the world view of every Alpha I've known has seemed totally backwards to me.

yes. that's because you live in bizarro world, not us .

ILE

those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's not about external circumstances.
    SEE

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's not about external circumstances.
    It's always about external circumstances, and science studies the phenomenon of external circumstances.
    Johari Box

Mentioned
    287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Didn't you marry a couple of Ne/Si types? I could have sworn that was you. Do you think transient attraction gives more insight into type than who you're willing to marry?

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by squark View Post
    Didn't you marry a couple of Ne/Si types? I could have sworn that was you. Do you think transient attraction gives more insight into type than who you're willing to marry?
    I never liked the first one though. The second I was pretty much initially attracted to because it seemed like he was the only guy at the time who would be any sort of a challenge to hook up with. (It did end up taking a couple of weeks, too.) And because he wasn't an idiot.
    Last edited by Joy; 09-07-2009 at 12:42 AM.
    SEE

Mentioned
    287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I never liked the first one though. The second I was pretty much initially attracted to because it seemed like he was the only guy at the time who would be any sort of a challenge to hook up with. And because he wasn't an idiot.
    I don't think I'll ever understand people and their relationships. Every time I start to sort something out, someone comes and scrambles it all up again.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Eh... I'm a special case when it comes to stuff like that.
    SEE

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by squark View Post
    I don't think I'll ever understand people and their relationships. Every time I start to sort something out, someone comes and scrambles it all up again.
    (Don't really take Joy as a model)
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    ILE (ENTp)
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    (Don't really take Joy as a model)

ILE "Searcher"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast