Thread: temperaments and making plans

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default temperaments and making plans

Do irrational types generally have an aversion to making plans? There are several that I've been hanging around lately, and you never know what's going to happen until it actually does. They try to leave things as open as possible.
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

Sauron, The Great Enemy ArchonAlarion's Avatar
    TIM
    Yet to be determined
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I constantly plan everything. When I don't have a plan of action i feel very anxious.

That being said, those are personal plans mostly planning myself not for action, but mental preparation.

"They are going to say this to you and you're gonna feel embarrassed, so you must be prepared for that. If they do not, remain neutral to avoid them raising the topic"

I don't have any "aversion" to making plans, I just know that they never work and fun/social roles often emerge without explicit planning anyways, so why bother?
    The end is nigh

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ArchonAlarion View Post
    "They are going to say this to you and you're gonna feel embarrassed, so you must be prepared for that. If they do not, remain neutral to avoid them raising the topic"
    I used to do this. But anymore, I just fly by the seat of my pants.
    Quote Originally Posted by ArchonAlarion View Post
    I don't have any "aversion" to making plans, I just know that they never work and fun/social roles often emerge without explicit planning anyways, so why bother?
    yes. however, with three kids I do need to plan to some degree. If I want to go out, I have to make sure someone will be home with the kids.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joy View Post
    Do irrational types generally have an aversion to making plans? There are several that I've been hanging around lately, and you never know what's going to happen until it actually does. They try to leave things as open as possible.
    This does describe me. I don't know why I do it, but I hate promising I'll be anywhere.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My SEE friend is like that. She'll even just randomly leave when I'm at her house. Fortunately, I'm also friends with her brother and mom, so there's usually someone else there for me to talk to.
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's hard not to have some sort of plan when you're an INTp or INFp.

Creepy-male

When I'm anxious, "imagination" becomes "planning". I mean, normally, my imagination moves ahead way too far in the future. When I'm anxious, I want to know that the steps that need to be happening right now are happening right. now. When I'm happy, I have fun just imagining the things happening.

As for plans I do make, they're likely to change. I'm an inconsistent bastard like that.

Pretend like it's the weekend Banana Pancakes's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I plan all kinds of things. I'm very good at it.

Follow through is not so good. I aggressively avoid committing to things I'm not sure I'll be interested in doing in the future.
    ILE-Ti
    6w7 sx/sp (low level of confidence)