TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Isn't this a Te thing?

From http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...scription.html

To improve communication it’s advised to ask a solution to a difficult problem. Even the youngest ESTP girl will gladly share her experience. And it’s really useful information, but it doesn’t involve any „sympathy“.

When she’s interested in your problem, ESTP does what she knows best: gets information.
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Placing primary value on "experience" is mostly a Ti/Fe "Merry" quadra trait.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I took "experience" to mean "present knowledge due to information accumulated while dealing with similar situations in the past".
    SEE

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm more referring to the tendency to come up with useful information and practical advise as a default mode of communication. Being focused on solutions instead of sympathy.
    SEE

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I do that. Well, I try to do both, but I most naturally offer solutions, although I think I offer sympathy almost automatically

Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have to remind myself to be a little sympathetic.
    SEE

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Information pertaining to reason is mostly on tandem with the "rules," which pertains to Ti.

I don't see Te, especially NiTe, caring much about specific pieces of information and direct experiential information like Ti does, unless you are forming some kind of general hypothesis, then its good to have. My ISTj friend bores me to death with information, and I'm just like, well obviously the logical thing to do would be to do this, and he ends up not agreeing with me because of some pre-established rule. I just don't understand Ti a lot of the times, but I know in theory the signs of it.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But useful information? Information that solves a problem?
    SEE

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Te is what works.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    Te is what works.
    lol

Under cerulean skies...

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Usually with Te for me, it is one little piece of information that gives it away, that makes a logical picture come together. So the tiny bit of information is dubbed useful, and all the rest is just useless, unless there is some extra point to be elaborated beforehand. I see Ti dominant types trying to structure all of this extra information into their system with little reason to, sometimes sort of butchering common sense in retention of some perfect model, and its a similar idea for Ti creatives.

You could give a Ti type all the information in the world, but it would less likely (or less so) affect his conclusions, because he has to place all of the information into the model anyway. With Te, its really about having a good piece of evidence, and all the extra information that comes along doesn't mean anything unless there is another good piece of evidence.

Ti types also try to make more conclusions from the data. For me, there has to be some logical point before I assume any piece of information is important. That's why I'm so used to tuning out; the information isn't sparking anything. Te dominants are better at this, actively handling more information as it comes, but still not having much of an effect on them unless there is a point. So you could basically say that Te types are better at recognizing useful information, and Ti types might link information more, which basically makes the process of solving easier for them.