Thread: Is ISTP's greatest arch nemesis the INTJ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Is ISTP's greatest arch nemesis the INTJ?

What do you guys think? I see they are perfect enemies in comic books but what about in real life?
    ISTP - SERIOUSLY, i dont give a ****

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My best friend is an INTj. Exceptionally smart, arrogant, opinionated, it's true, but also able to see around corners in ways I cannot. He is far more in tune socially and politically, able to anticipate the reactions of others. His intuitive powers, combined with his logical thinking nature make him a force. His j element gives him the courage of his convictions.

Despite these near explosive characteristics, he is able to self-regulate by holding himself out of most situations where he might otherwise crush less thoughtful foes. He suffers fools, but yields to no one who challenges him.

I too am opinionated, but I can abide his arrogance. He is free to have his opinions and I admire his self-assurance. He recognizes that I won't agree with him often, but he respects that I am not rigid in my thinking. I have an adaptability he lacks. He is not inclined to throw himself into life, but when he does step into any endeavor, you can bet it will be 100%. I have the ability to dabble and fly by the seat, a gift he can not match.

We make a strong team. He is a powerful strategist, I am a capable tactician.
    ISTp
    SLI

Enneagram 5 with a side of wings.

TIM
    EII 6w5
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by randomguy View Post
    What do you guys think? I see they are perfect enemies in comic books but what about in real life?
    Well, I don't know about "archnemesis" but IXTj vs IXTp in general should make for an interesting rivalry. You should watch Death Note, where at least it's some IXTj vs INTp (though I'm leaning towards INTj for the character "Light"). Not sure how an ISTp villain/foe would play out.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cyrano View Post
    We make a strong team. He is a powerful strategist, I am a capable tactician.