Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: ESEs and piercings/tattoos

  1. #1
    constant change electric sheep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    1,296
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default ESEs and piercings/tattoos

    Do ESEs get piercings, or do you know any that have some? I was at Hot Topic today and I think the lady that helped me was an ESE. She had a nose thing and two in the upper lip, and a big tattoo across her chest. This kinda confused me at first, but now I'm excited. They never seemed like the type to do that.
    The saddest ESFj

    ...

  2. #2
    Logos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    5,406
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Is it really that difficult to conceive the possibility that individuals of all types get tattoos and piercings?
    "Alpha Quadra subforum. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ~Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Johari Box

  3. #3
    Contrarian Traditionalist Krig the Viking's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Canada's Prairie Farmland
    TIM
    C-LII
    Posts
    2,647
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Yeah, I would say tattoos and piercings have more to do with the culture of the people around you than anything else. I'm sure traditional Maori ESEs have plenty of tattoos, just like the ESEs who are part of the more tattoo-philic Western subcultures.
    Quaero Veritas.

  4. #4
    redbaron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    9,321
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Krig the Viking View Post
    Yeah, I would say tattoos and piercings have more to do with the culture of the people around you than anything else. I'm sure traditional Maori ESEs have plenty of tattoos, just like the ESEs who are part of the more tattoo-philic Western subcultures.
    I totally agree with this. But my ESE would NEVER EVER get a tattoo or piercing! lol
    IEI-Fe 4w3

  5. #5
    Snomunegot munenori2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Kansas
    TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Posts
    7,739
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Whenever I encounter a dual, I like to tattoo them for all the other SEIs out there. Sometimes I screw up and an ESE, SLE, or IEE gets mixed in. Sorry!
    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

  6. #6
    constant change electric sheep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    1,296
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Logos View Post
    Is it really that difficult to conceive the possibility that individuals of all types get tattoos and piercings?
    Not really, I suppose. I just had this notion of ESEs being all proper and this one didn't seem much different from others I have encountered aside from the tattoos/piercings. Very interesting indeed!
    The saddest ESFj

    ...

  7. #7
    RSV3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    190
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fear of sleep View Post
    Do ESEs get piercings, or do you know any that have some? I was at Hot Topic today and I think the lady that helped me was an ESE. She had a nose thing and two in the upper lip, and a big tattoo across her chest. This kinda confused me at first, but now I'm excited. They never seemed like the type to do that.
    I agree with what others have said in that it is strongly correlated to one's culture/environment. However my own anecdotal evidence is that every ESE girl I've known has the traditional (in the US) ear piercings and no piercings anywhere else on her body or tattoos. Draw whatever conclusions you want from that data.

  8. #8
    aka Slacker Slacker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    North Korea
    TIM
    IEE
    Posts
    8,819
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I have a couple of ESE friends with tattoos and piercings.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain


    You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

  9. #9
    Haikus
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    8,337
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Yeah I don't really see ESEs as "all proper." I mean, sure a lot are in some situations.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •