Thread: What kinds of fiction do you read?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default What kinds of fiction do you read?

So, what kinds of fiction do you read? Is there a passage in a novel you reading atm which describes an idea, person or relationship you think is interesting, which could relate to a particular type or intertype relationship?

I'm currently reading Terry Goodkind's Wizard's First Rule. Here is a passage describing a connection between an EII and an IEI (I think).

He looked into her eyes a long moment. "You too are a very rare person, Kahlan Amnell. There are not many who would have stood as you did."
    She did not blush, but smiled again. It was an odd sort of smile, a special smile, not showing any teeth. Her lips were pressed together, as one would do when taking another into one's confidence. Her eyes sparkled. It was a smile of sharing. (18)
    Last edited by parcel; 08-31-2009 at 12:35 PM.
    EII

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Herman Hesse.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

Exits, pursued by a bear. Animal's Avatar
    TIM
    It sneaks up on you
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Roald Dahl (he wrote more than just children's books), Kurt Vonegut, Jr., Robert Penn Warren... now that I think about it, I don't read all that much fiction anymore. Mostly poetry.
    "How could we forget those ancient myths that stand at the beginning of all races, the myths about dragons that at the last moment are transformed into princesses? Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love."
    -- Rainer Maria Rilke, Letters to a Young Poet

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Baby View Post
    Mostly poetry.
    Any particular author(s) or just a variety?
    EII

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've been a huge fantasy buff over the past few years. I try to round out my experience with classics, and hip modern fiction, but I like fantasy best. Lately I've been exploring science fiction as well.
    SLI/ISTp -- Te subtype

wants to be a writer. silverchris9's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Poets: Walt Whitman, John Keats, Wallace Stevens, recently into Arthur Rimbaud as well, some Auden, Fernando Pessoa, some William Wordsworth, Henri Cole is very good although I'm not very well-read in his poetry, Wilfred Owen is really good too, and so is Yeats.

Playwrights: Shakespeare, Shakespeare, Shakespeare, Shakespeare, and Ibsen (@octupuslove, I love Equus too!)

Novelists: I don't read many novels but I'm enjoying Jane Austen, and I enjoyed Kafka's Metamorphosis.
    Not a rule, just a trend.

IEI. Probably Fe subtype. Pretty sure I'm E4, sexual instinctual type, fairly confident that I'm a 3 wing now, so: IEI-Fe E4w3 sx/so. Considering 3w4 now, but pretty sure that 4 fits the best.

Yes 'a ma'am that's pretty music...

I am grateful for the mystery of the soul, because without it, there could be no contemplation, except of the mysteries of divinity, which are far more dangerous to get wrong.