Thread: IEI-SLE Duality in Real Life vs. Online (INFp-ESTp)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default IEI-SLE Duality in Real Life vs. Online (INFp-ESTp)

So, is there a difference in the way IEIs & SLEs interact online compared to in-person?
    Last edited by parcel; 08-30-2009 at 09:11 PM.
    EII

TIM
    IEI!
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

o.0

What do you mean love?

And hi , cause I don't think we have met.
    IEI, sp/sx 4w3.

TIM
    IEI!
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

o.0

What do you mean love? I guess online interaction is always different.

And hi , cause I don't think we have met.
    IEI, sp/sx 4w3.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by octopuslove View Post
    In my experience: a HUGE difference. I don't think text is a great medium for transmitting Se.

I work next to an SLE-Se who's a sort of big brother figure to me. So much of our interaction is based on physical space - it's hard to describe, but there are lots of impulsive movements and joking threats. When I interact with him online or through SMS it's all just his Fe-HA coming through, albeit forcefully. (It probably doesn't help that he's quite clearly an Se subtype.)

I haven't interacted with many SLEs from this forum in depth, apart from Mimosa, but it's difficult to compare male and female, and I don't think SLEs (particularly SLE-Ses) are particularly active on internet forums. I don't get much of an Se impression from my interaction with Mimosa though, I'm often convinced that she's my identical . I guess that's testimony to how much better Ni is conveyed over the internet - from my perspective, at least.

Very helpful. Makes sense.
    EII

Exits, pursued by a bear. Animal's Avatar
    TIM
    It sneaks up on you
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by octopuslove View Post
    In my experience: a HUGE difference. I don't think text is a great medium for transmitting Se.

I work next to an SLE-Se who's a sort of big brother figure to me. So much of our interaction is based on physical space - it's hard to describe, but there are lots of impulsive movements and joking threats. When I interact with him online or through SMS it's all just his Fe-HA coming through, albeit forcefully. (It probably doesn't help that he's quite clearly an Se subtype.)

I haven't interacted with many SLEs from this forum in depth, apart from Mimosa, but it's difficult to compare male and female, and I don't think SLEs (particularly SLE-Ses) are particularly active on internet forums. I don't get much of an Se impression from my interaction with Mimosa though, I'm often convinced that she's my identical . I guess that's testimony to how much better Ni is conveyed over the internet - from my perspective, at least.
    Yeah, I agree with this completely. It's like night and day talking to SLEs online vs. in person.
    "How could we forget those ancient myths that stand at the beginning of all races, the myths about dragons that at the last moment are transformed into princesses? Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love."
    -- Rainer Maria Rilke, Letters to a Young Poet

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Herzy View Post
    I think there is a huge difference between the way in which anyone interacts online in comparison to how they do IRL. I don't think it's limited to this dual pair.
    In this case, the question was about IEIs & SLEs specifically. I don't think anyone denies that communication is different irl.
    EII

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by parcel View Post
    So, is there a difference in the way IEIs & SLEs interact online compared to in-person?
    I'm goofy.... but how can I be goofy when the other person doesn't see my face doesn't hear the inflections of my voice?

Online you can get quality interaction only if you use a webcam and voice... not text.
    "What is love?"
    "The total absence of fear," said the Master.
    "What is it we fear?"
    "Love," said the Master.

I chose Love

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Herzy View Post
    I think there is a huge difference between the way in which anyone interacts online in comparison to how they do IRL. I don't think it's limited to this dual pair.
    Yes, I can't agree more, it is generally the enneagram instinct stacking that separates your present in online or in real life if anything. So I will expect that relationship will develop better if both person has the same stacking.
    (D)IEE~FI-(C)SLE~Ni E-5w4(Sp/Sx)/7w8(So/Sp)/9w1(sp/sx)

Quote Originally Posted by Jarno View Post
    1)
    A girl who I want to date, asks me: well first tell me how tall you are?
    My reply: well I will answer that, if you first tell me how much you weigh!

2)
    A girl I was dating said she was oh so great at sex etc, but she didn't do blowjobs.
    My reply: Oh I'm really romantic etc, I just will never take you out to dinner.