Thread: What Socionics Truly is

TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Default What Socionics Truly is

Socionics/MBTI/Typing in general of personality types is basically just a pain in the arse for identifying people for this reason:

If a person was an egg, then their personality type would merely be the shell of the egg. All the contents inside the egg are what you truly are and you may never know this if everyone cares about their mental appearance.
    “We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand.” Randy Pausch

Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-9w1-4w5

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default !

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Shape

May be it is a shape where the contents can be different. The God is in nature and the different types have been created for the reason. I think this world is magnificent and we can break our heads trying to understand the types and personlality in more general terms. I think typology of socionics is a huge step forward and the descriptions of type interactions are not too bad so can be improved or adjusted to real life situations.
    Many more theories will be created because the thruth can be reflected and registered in many different ways. The knowledge is always in the process of a change. We have got a chance here freely to express our perceptions of the other types/people and to try to see the world from the perspecctive of other types/people. We want to learn and we want to share and this is fun.
    Socionics: XNFx
    MBTI: INFJ

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Y&C

I think Y&C diggs in the right direction and I would suggest him to stik to his thinking line and try to expalin and elaborate more. I got a feel that somewhere our thinking lines cross.

I think the weak point of socionincs that they do not accounter for differences within the type. So the arguement about shape and content is relevant No matter how much you try to perfect on description and we also see that there is an ettempt to describe negative and positive qualities of the same type .... it is still generalisations and the new approach needed which would give more full picture. It is like astrology. You can read a short description which will fit to any person born at any time in a particular month or you make your personal chart with much more details and this will be different from others. As regards to socionics
    it can be a fresh look on the old info, new dimensions,thoeries, ideaas.

For example, what is different between the same type being criminal and a talented performer, leader, a soul of company ESFP...or any type can be a criminal. This differences may explain why the interrelationship are not quiete like socionincs predict and there is no point just to protect ... we need to move our brains and look for the answers.
    School of Associative socionics: http://socionics4you.com/

Creepy-

Socionics in my view in dynamic and flexible. There is no assertion that two people of any given type are going to be at all identical... Ni, Fe and all the others are cognitive processes, not personality traits. The functions certainly lend themselves to certain behaviours but the manifestations of any internal process are infinitely varied. There is certainly wiggle room within the typology.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default But

I agree but socionics make it very clear which types with each ohter better and which not. It does not suggest or state or explain the situations where the predicted intertype relationship is strong or weak.
    You may meet one day your dual and will assume that this is your other half. you ignore some other important factors and then the realtionship fails and you think whom to blame? Why has nobody warned me?
    May be for some pleople socionincs is like a brain exercise but i want to have a reliable and safe tool which could explain me what works and what does not work and why. I want to change the world around me to the better and my attention is to practice.
    Socionics: XNFx
    MBTI: INFJ