Thread: Routine Tasks

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Routine Tasks

Such as handling doing the same thing over and over at work, or liking to play World of Warcraft. Which types do you think are best with routine tasks?

wants to be a writer. silverchris9's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not me. Over and over = death by boredom. If it helps my friends who play wow are, I believe, SLE and SEE (less certain about this one) respectively.
    Not a rule, just a trend.

IEI. Probably Fe subtype. Pretty sure I'm E4, sexual instinctual type, fairly confident that I'm a 3 wing now, so: IEI-Fe E4w3 sx/so. Considering 3w4 now, but pretty sure that 4 fits the best.

Yes 'a ma'am that's pretty music...

I am grateful for the mystery of the soul, because without it, there could be no contemplation, except of the mysteries of divinity, which are far more dangerous to get wrong.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ISTj thrives here. I am horrid at routine tasks!!!
    Hi! I'm an ENFP. :-)

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm decent at them, but some types are better. I have to like it at least a little bit to do it regularly. Overall, ISTjs are probably the best.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i definitely am good with repetitive tasks. drums/biking, i find a lot of my hobbies require a lot of precision and skill at doing one or a few simple things, but over and over and over.
    asd

Creepy-bg

repetative tasks at work are fine when there's blaring techno (or at least radio) and meth... I did the same thing every night for years when I made donuts and only quit because of the crazy rash I got on my arms (that only got worse over the course of a year)

Creepy-bg

man... Sunday night was the best. the college radio station would do four hours of poppy/house mix followed by four hours of afterhours deeper trance/ravey stuff. It made for a perfect night of work. I got off work, smoked a bowl of weed on the drive home and sat in my car watching the sun come up as the DJs were doing the final peak of the mix. It was almost a religious experience at that point.

I think the rash came from the constant fryer grease I was lathered in + all the dish detergant and bleach I used to clean up the bakery after I was done. Once I stopped working at that job the rash cleared up, and I sure didn't stop using the amphetamines.
    Last edited by bg; 08-28-2009 at 11:27 AM.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bionicgoat View Post
    man... Sunday night was the best. the college radio station would do four hours of poppy mix followed by four hours of afterhours deeper ravey stuff. It made for a perfect night of work. I got off work, smoked a bowl of weed on the drive home and sat in my car watching the sun come up as the DJs were doing the final peak of the mix. It was almost a religious experience at that point.

I think the rash came from the constant fryer grease I was lathered in + all the dish detergant and bleach I used to clean up the bakery after I was done. Once I stopped working at that job the rash cleared up, and I sure didn't stop using the amphetamines.
    i can totally see this. LOL

i. hate. routine. tasks.

please, someone do them for me. oh, wait, don't. nevermind i'll just do them. tomorrow. ahhh here comes a tsunami....okokokok i'll really do them now. :-)

ILE

those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

Creepy-bg

I still sometime go through a night of work at the bakery in my dreams lol. doing a repetative job for years kind of burns it into your brain

Creepy-bg

Quote Originally Posted by krae View Post
    I also think it's not good to "hate", okay "dislike" or rant about repetitive tasks, since that makes the execution harder, to have an attitude towards them, you'll be getting internal frictionsm and then wanting to escape the situation.

Learning to do the dishes zen style helped me some with that
    definately +2

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just sort of zone out and let muscle memory do most of the work when performing routine tasks.

At work, I try to automate most of the routine stuff.. I get to exercise some creativity and avoid actually doing the work that way
    IEE-Ne | ENFP | 4w3-6w7-9w1 so/sp/sx | sCoA|I| | Sanguine/Choleric | Benevolent Inventor

birthday frog wishes you a happy birthday
    birthday frog will give you presents and a card on your birthday
    birthday frog is Fe incarnate

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't like repetitive tasks. But there's no avoiding them.

I hate doing anything a second time. And when I vacuum and my daughter immediately gets crumbs on the floor, a part of me dies inside. The floor should be clean at least for a bit.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Slacker Mom View Post
    I don't like repetitive tasks. But there's no avoiding them.

I hate doing anything a second time. And when I vacuum and my daughter immediately gets crumbs on the floor, a part of me dies inside. The floor should be clean at least for a bit.
    that's why cutting the grass is more rewarding. at least it stays nice for a week or so!

ILE

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by krae View Post
    I also think it's not good to "hate", okay "dislike" or rant about repetitive tasks, since that makes the execution harder, to have an attitude towards them, you'll be getting internal frictionsm and then wanting to escape the situation.

Learning to do the dishes zen style helped me some with that

what is the zen of dishes dude?

ILE