View Poll Results: What sort of romantic relationships are you open to?

Voters
66. You may not vote on this poll
  • ONLY Duality relationships

17 25.76%
  • Open to other types besides Duality

49 74.24%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Duality: for those who are single and looking

six turnin', four burnin' stevENTj's Avatar
    TIM
    Te-INTp (ILI)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Duality: for those who are single and looking

poll
    Te-INTp/ILI, my wife: Fi-ISFj/ESI, with laser beam death rays for ESTp/SLEs, lol
    16 years of bliss in an Activity relationship

I'll accept anyone hot who wants me
    ...the human race will disappear. Other races will appear and disappear in turn. The sky will become icy and void, pierced by the feeble light of half-dead stars. Which will also disappear. Everything will disappear. And what human beings do is just as free of sense as the free motion of elementary particles. Good, evil, morality, feelings? Pure 'Victorian fictions'.

INTp

TIM
    Te-INTp (ILI)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Warlord View Post
    I'll accept anyone hot who wants me
    lol, I did mean "relationship" of course, not just someone you want to score with.
    Te-INTp/ILI, my wife: Fi-ISFj/ESI, with laser beam death rays for ESTp/SLEs, lol

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Carla View Post
    I don't think that I'll end up with my dual. I've always been attracted to ExFjs very much ... and in that way ... and I understand well and have experienced "duality" ... but when it's come to the crunch, I've always been attracted to introverts "like me" more. I'll probably end up with my identical. I don't really care if socionists want to say that "that's not ideal" ... I think that they're full of shit.
    Identicals are boring, in the sense that there is far less to learn. So yeah, if you like to learn less from someone, then I would settle for my identical. There is plenty of challenge with identicals. Though its more competitive challenge and far less a challenge of learning and trying to see things differently, that you can experience firsthand, that I find attractive. I've always been most attracted to my dual and what they do on a day to day basis, how they think, and how they can include me in this, and how attracted they are to me. If I were looking for someone, it would probably be my dual. Of the few people I've dated, they have all been duals or activators. The relationships were never bad. They were just shortlived because of immaturity and lack of commitment as just kids.

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have trouble seeing duals as more competitively challenging, unless you're just highly self-critical and insecure, thus have some stuff to get over. Can't speak for everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by stevENTj View Post
    lol, I did mean "relationship" of course, not just someone you want to score with.
    Quote Originally Posted by Carla View Post
    I don't really care if socionists want to say that "that's not ideal" ... I think that they're full of shit.
    Hehe. Seriously I think FeSi and FeNi are only types I would reject because their personalities are too incompatible and difficult. There's no way I could stand that much Fe. But it might be that aggressor girls that are only ones that are either direct or persistant enough to actually get me.

Also I don't like the idea of being too anal about requirements, and rather keep an open-mind. People have relationships with people not with theoretical concepts or shoppinglists. Therefore the kind of restrictive overt dual-romanticism annoys me.
    ...the human race will disappear. Other races will appear and disappear in turn. The sky will become icy and void, pierced by the feeble light of half-dead stars. Which will also disappear. Everything will disappear. And what human beings do is just as free of sense as the free motion of elementary particles. Good, evil, morality, feelings? Pure 'Victorian fictions'.

INTp

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The more you are aware of socionics effects of relationships (which you are if you've heard about socionics...), the quicker you tend to notice the downsides of the specific relationships.

The only ones who seems good enough to last, are the quadra relations. Other relationships are usually a waste of time, because:

A) dating doesn't go really smooth
    B) there's a big chance you don't get passed the dating phase
    C) in the end you'll break up anyways (but ok, who cares if you can fuck in the mean time)
    D) you are missing out on something better; quadra or especially duality of same subtype

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Even when I was single and looking, I'd always naturally get the most attracted to my duals; in fact all my girlfriends so far have been duals
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    Even when I was single and looking, I'd always naturally get the most attracted to my duals; in fact all my girlfriends so far have been duals
    Yeah. I used to think they were all different types, because they have their own personalities. The more I've understood socionics, the easier I've seen all of them as my dual type.

Originally from black hole, currently residing in Jupiter
    TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I really don't care about type as long as he is good looking and doesn't go on my nerves...

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    wow.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sarinana View Post
    I really don't care about type as long as he is good looking and doesn't go on my nerves...
    for some reason, this made me laugh.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd say I'm pretty open, though to be honest I'm not that great or keen on typing every girl I interact with so I'm not sure I'd say I'm using much socionics anyway. There are a couple women I've been talking with a little and someone I was chatting with this morning but aside from being cute and seeming interested in me I don't have a clue about any of their types.

I will say though that I have a teacher this semester that's my age and screams ILE. We've pretty much clicked to the point that I totally would go for a duality relationship.
    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

Pretend like it's the weekend Banana Pancakes's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In theory, I'm a duality purist.

In practice, I'm growing tired of looking for a dual and only finding ones that are:
    a) In a relationship (which they'll never leave)
    b) Ho bag McTrampytons
    c) Mentally disturbed

So at this time, I'm open to just about anything. Lately attracting a lot of Delta STs who can be kinda pointy by comparison but still fun.
    ILE-Ti
    6w7 sx/sp (low level of confidence)

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Banana Pancakes View Post
    c) Mentally disturbed
    Maybe you could resurrect one of these.

LII-Ne

"Come to think of it, there are already a million monkeys on a million typewriters, and the Usenet is NOTHING like Shakespeare!"
    - Blair Houghton

Johari

Pretend like it's the weekend Banana Pancakes's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Brilliand View Post
    Maybe you could resurrect one of these.
    When did they die that they need resurrection? They're only dead inside because life is such a tragedy :/
    ILE-Ti
    6w7 sx/sp (low level of confidence)

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When did they die that they need resurrection? They're only dead inside because life is such a tragedy :/
    'Tis what I meant. Revive their spirits.

LII-Ne

"Come to think of it, there are already a million monkeys on a million typewriters, and the Usenet is NOTHING like Shakespeare!"
    - Blair Houghton

Johari

TIM
    Te-INTp (ILI)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pinocchio View Post
    @stevENTj: May I still vote since when I was single I was determined to wait for two years to find my Dual, or to comfort with the first come if unsuccessful after that period?
    It sounds like right now you're only open to Duality, so vote accordingly.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've never dated a dual, so I'd just like to try it. I've already tried a number of the other relations (i.e. activity, partial identity, super-ego, kindred, beneficiary), we interacted exactly as Socionics would predict, and I don't see why go backwards.
    EII
    4w5, sp/sx

Creepy-male

I can't control who I become infatuated with, but having experience duality in close friendship, I'm not going back, no. In terms of "drawn out drama-fest", it could be any time, but for a proper relationship? Only a dual, and only a compatible one at that.

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The poll would give more interesting results when people also had to vote whether they've had a dual relationship before.

Because (IMO) probably the ones who have had a dual relationship in the past would wait for the next dual, and the ones who didn't have the dual experience don't care to much, because they don't know the value of it compared to other relationships.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jarno View Post
    Because (IMO) probably the ones who have had a dual relationship in the past would wait for the next dual, and the ones who didn't have the dual experience don't care to much, because they don't know the value of it compared to other relationships.
    I agree with this.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by polikujm View Post
    Heh, Carla. I feel like identity relations are the "gay" relations. Not that its bad, I'm just saying.
    Sort of like masturbation? I know I'm not usually attracted to people who are too much like me. It's like... That would just be weird.

<3 introverts
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joy View Post
    Sort of like masturbation? I know I'm not usually attracted to people who are too much like me. It's like... That would just be weird.

<3 introverts
    lol I actually think it's more common for introverts to like (and pair with) other introverts than extraverts to extraverts.

(although now that I said that, I'm thinking that I know at least two E-E couples who've been happily married for a long time... on the other hand, I know countless I-I couples)
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I prefer dating my dual if possible. If not, semi-dual. I've really decided I need an introvert w/ Si. Long term, I've decided I want to marry a dual or semi-dual.

I do date other types though, as I always think "ah well maybe I'm wrong and socionics is too!" And then I end up cringing and thinking "why did I even try this?"

There is just something about introvert energy (specifically w/ that Si!! yay!) that draws me in, and extrovert energy (that despite being fun), sort of repels me. It's like two people trying to lead at the same time and stepping on each other's feet.

I really noticed this after going dancing the other night. I could instantly tell what types the guys were by how they lead/moved and whether or not I followed them well. There was an ISTj who clearly made the leads, so I could follow it ok, but it felt sort of robotic and like "oh no, hope I don't do this wrong!" Then an ISTp who despite being way shorter than me, easily lead everything (even moves I didn't know at all) and when I'd flail about and get something wrong he just seemed amused. Then an ESFp who despite having "flashy" moves really annoyed me as he was sort of throwing me all around and we were both competing for the spotlight basically (bad).

That energy that you feel around someone is really important. For me, that has been more important than most other things (looks, height, education, money, where he lives,etc.). So much so that some of my friends thought I needed professional help after dating a shorter, less attractive guy who was not rich like all of their boyfriends. But I was seriously sooo into his energy and thought he was hot.
    Hi! I'm an ENFP. :-)

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jewels View Post
    I prefer dating my dual if possible. If not, semi-dual. I've really decided I need an introvert w/ Si. Long term, I've decided I want to marry a dual or semi-dual.

I do date other types though, as I always think "ah well maybe I'm wrong and socionics is too!" And then I end up cringing and thinking "why did I even try this?"

There is just something about introvert energy (specifically w/ that Si!! yay!) that draws me in, and extrovert energy (that despite being fun), sort of repels me. It's like two people trying to lead at the same time and stepping on each other's feet.

I really noticed this after going dancing the other night. I could instantly tell what types the guys were by how they lead/moved and whether or not I followed them well. There was an ISTj who clearly made the leads, so I could follow it ok, but it felt sort of robotic and like "oh no, hope I don't do this wrong!" Then an ISTp who despite being way shorter than me, easily lead everything (even moves I didn't know at all) and when I'd flail about and get something wrong he just seemed amused. Then an ESFp who despite having "flashy" moves really annoyed me as he was sort of throwing me all around and we were both competing for the spotlight basically (bad).

That energy that you feel around someone is really important. For me, that has been more important than most other things (looks, height, education, money, where he lives,etc.). So much so that some of my friends thought I needed professional help after dating a shorter, less attractive guy who was not rich like all of their boyfriends. But I was seriously sooo into his energy and thought he was hot.
    I love this. Jewels you are so cute!
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In theory, I'm a duality purist.

In practice, I'm growing tired of looking for a dual and only finding ones that are:
    a) In a relationship (which they'll never leave)
    b) Ho bag McTrampytons
    c) Mentally disturbed

So at this time, I'm open to just about anything. Lately attracting a lot of Delta STs who can be kinda pointy by comparison but still fun.
    I really like how you phrased this! Lol. Especially "b" haha.

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

haha, I recognize this.

Creepy-bg

how you doin?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bionicgoat View Post
    how you doin?
    LOL. I forgot all about that Joey guy on friends! I used to say that all the time

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

and sadly, I just went on yet another random date w/ someone who appeared to be ISFp and ended up being ENFj. I kept thinking "wait, where is the Si?" He actually picked a dark table in an awkward spot by glaringly loud music, lol.

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

and sadly, I just went on yet another random date w/ someone who appeared to be ISFp and ended up being ENFj. I kept thinking "wait, where is the Si?" He actually picked a dark table in an awkward spot by glaringly loud music, lol.
    it's funny cause you've probably decided after noticing he's enfj that the date isn't going to work out, while the enfj is still interested in you for the rest of the evening.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

(specifically w/ that Si!! yay!)
    Out of curiosity, what do you find that Si does for you? I have a hard time pinpointing when exactly I see it in other people..
    IEE-Ne | ENFP | 4w3-6w7-9w1 so/sp/sx | sCoA|I| | Sanguine/Choleric | Benevolent Inventor

birthday frog wishes you a happy birthday
    birthday frog will give you presents and a card on your birthday
    birthday frog is Fe incarnate

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

haha I went on a date with an enfj once, and we realized about midway through that it totally was not working. awkward. But at least we both came to the same conclusion and had no regrets about not seeing each other again!

I like Si because somehow we end up doing the most random stuff, whatever we feel like doing, and it ends up so much more fun than anything we ever could have planned.

For instance, when my SEI sister came to visit, one night we went to dinner, then decided we hadn't played Scrabble in forever, so we ran to Target and bought it, took it to a bar patio and played a couple games, then ended up joining another person and celebrating a friend's birthday at another bar until midnight. Nothing was really planned except dinner.

Another day, instead of doing the typical cheesy tourist stuff, we ended up going to a historic cemetery and doing grave rubbings, also on the spur of the moment.

She just reminds me to live and enjoy "now" and not plan too much or worry too much. It's easier for me to relax and not try too hard around her.
    IEE

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tiny_dancer View Post
    haha I went on a date with an enfj once, and we realized about midway through that it totally was not working. awkward. But at least we both came to the same conclusion and had no regrets about not seeing each other again!

I like Si because somehow we end up doing the most random stuff, whatever we feel like doing, and it ends up so much more fun than anything we ever could have planned.

For instance, when my SEI sister came to visit, one night we went to dinner, then decided we hadn't played Scrabble in forever, so we ran to Target and bought it, took it to a bar patio and played a couple games, then ended up joining another person and celebrating a friend's birthday at another bar until midnight. Nothing was really planned except dinner.

Another day, instead of doing the typical cheesy tourist stuff, we ended up going to a historic cemetery and doing grave rubbings, also on the spur of the moment.

She just reminds me to live and enjoy "now" and not plan too much or worry too much. It's easier for me to relax and not try too hard around her.
    What would we do without the Tiny_Dancer?
    ISTp
    SLI

Enneagram 5 with a side of wings.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by redbaron View Post
    lol I actually think it's more common for introverts to like (and pair with) other introverts than extraverts to extraverts.

(although now that I said that, I'm thinking that I know at least two E-E couples who've been happily married for a long time... on the other hand, I know countless I-I couples)
    Maybe because it's okay if neither person is talking, but it doesn't really work very well if both people are talking.
    SEE

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe because it's okay if neither person is talking, but it doesn't really work very well if both people are talking.
    exactly. although I have to say one thing: I know an SEI/EII couple and they are so bad with communication. they never talk to each other. they only say what's absolutely necessary. Makes me sad. Married 21 years. Two kids. They seem okay with it. the SEI is a 9 and peace is most important so he just shoves issues under the rug until and unless something comes up that absolutely must be dealt with. I could not handle that.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, doesn't sound like a very good situation.
    SEE

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, doesn't sound like a very good situation.
    nope. but he's stubborn that way. would never leave her no matter how unhappy he is. I don't think she's exactly thrilled with it either.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jarno View Post
    it's funny cause you've probably decided after noticing he's enfj that the date isn't going to work out, while the enfj is still interested in you for the rest of the evening.
    yeah I don't know though. I was surprised for the beginning part because I wasn't liking him, and kept thinking (wait, shouldn't I feel more comfortable? Why do I feel so uptight?). He also sort of criticized me, was firing away questions, etc. It was very strained, tiring and boring all at once (I have known ENFjs who were way more fun fwiw). It was also an empty bar and I didn't want to get more than one drink since he was probably buying and I didn't like him. So for two hours I sat there with an empty drink trying to pinpoint what wasn't working, and then I realized he was ENFj -- so it came after, not before.

Yeah for some odd reason, despite the hugely terrible date, he seemed to still be interested, until I made it completely clear there was no chance in hell, as our types were horrible. He seemed to take it fine and understand .

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast