Thread: Adam Carolla, famous comedian

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Adam Carolla, famous comedian

Any ideas on his type? My best friend in highschool was exactly like him. I'm torn between INFp and INFj. Strrrng I'm interested to see what you think

TIM
    EII/INFj
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Adam Carolla as INFj... that is a curious suggestion.

I don't think INFj is a likely typing because -- as one example -- he has this sort of irreverence or disregard for empathetic positions.

Consider his role with Jimmy Kimmel when they hosted The Man Show on Comedy Central. They both had this sort of dry, single-minded attitude about celebrating or respecting or upholding this idea of male dominance targeting and connecting with a specific demographic that probably by and large held this attitude of a world becoming "too soft".

Consider his role as sidekick to Dr. Drew on Loveline. I didn't watch or listen to that show regularly, but the times I happened to catch it, I cannot remember a single instance where he empathized with any of the callers who called in. There was always either some quip to be made even if the issue was pretty serious or he would revert to this sort of logic that he held as common sense that he would unabashedly share if he felt something was out of line.

I don't really consider anything he has demonstrated to be anything resembling Delta quadra values.
    INFj

9w1 sp/sx

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

And Deltas hold a stronghold on something as big as empathy since when now?

I agree he reeks of Fi polr though, most likely, but he's a celebrity, some people use a sense of humor to deal with serious issues. Also those people are idiots if they call a fucking show with a celebrity psychologist instead of going to a normal one like normal people. They *want* to get made fun of.

I agree Hollywood narcissism is kinda meh, and he has this funny jew face but deep down he's good-hearted, just a typical narcissistic hollywood celeb that's too pampered. Whatevs.

TIM
    EII/INFj
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BulletsAndDoves View Post
    And Deltas hold a stronghold on something as big as empathy since when now?
    I did not claim that Deltas hold a stronghold on showing empathy. As I said, one example that come from my observations of him is his seeming irreverence for empathetic positions. This is not to say that only Deltas can be empathetic, but rather it is a piece of evidence toward his character at large that seems to devalue Delta quadra values.

Taking his entire personality into consideration, I found it difficult to find any sense of Delta quadra values from what I've observed.
    INFj

9w1 sp/sx