1 Thread(s)

Default Ne plus key finding

Discuss.
    LII-Ne with strong EII tendencies, 6w7-9w1-3w4 so/sp/sx, INxP

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fuck keys, they are unnessicary, just let me steal shit.
    Easy Day

Contrarian Traditionalist Krig the Viking's Avatar
    TIM
    C-LII
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wouldn't key finding more likely be related to Se? Lost keys being unmoving physical objects (external statics of objects).
    Quaero Veritas.

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Krig the Viking View Post
    Wouldn't key finding more likely be related to Se? Lost keys being unmoving physical objects (external statics of objects).
    I think so. Weird thing is I often find peoples' missing keys and other objects when they're left behind in public places. But like you said I'm probably disillusioning myself. I just happen to notice when I do because observing objects in my surroundings is not a naturally strong attribute of mine.

I'm much more interested in keys in the abstract. The key to success for example.

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JWC3 View Post
    Fuck keys, they are unnessicary, just let me steal shit.

From now on, only ego types are allowed to contribute to this thread.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by warrior-librarian View Post
    From now on, only ego types are allowed to contribute to this thread.
    Now when you say contribute, you mean contribute constructively... Right?
    Easy Day

Contrarian Traditionalist Krig the Viking's Avatar
    TIM
    C-LII
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by warrior-librarian View Post
    I think so. Weird thing is I often find peoples' missing keys and other objects when they're left behind in public places. But like you said I'm probably disillusioning myself. I just happen to notice when I do because observing objects in my surroundings is not a naturally strong attribute of mine.

I'm much more interested in keys in the abstract. The key to success for example.
    How exactly do you find these keys? Did you logically search according to the most likely places to find keys, or did you just randomly happen to see them, or something else?

I've also heard that this can be a male vs. female difference. Scan vision vs. single focus. Not sure how true that is.
    Quaero Veritas.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I try to consider locations where the keys may have been left. And then embark on some kind of idiotic trasure hunt. Ocaasionally I may question the keys proprietor much like Hucule Poirot and would say things like.
    "So madame you say you did not enter the kitchen after leaving the billiards room but how do you explain Major Huntingdon seeing you on the lawn not five minutes later with a freshly made grilled ham and cheese sandwich, when we have already established there was no one else in the house at the time. I propose that in fact you did enter the kitchen and that knowing you as I do, suggest you look next to the Gerorge Foreman.

Creepy-Cyclops

In regards to "keys to success", I often find that I hypothesise various ways to reach this, however my downfall can come from thinking too much about these ideas and falling a little short of implementing these ideas.

Maybe in terms of finding keys, such as actual keys for actual locks, Se could find them by where they are (direct possibilities of physical environment), and Ne could find them by what they are capable of doing (the potential of in what ways they could be lost and therefore where), or not, ha.

Creepy-bg

I'm horrible with keys. when I was managering at the craft store I lost my keys to the store on a daily basis when I got home and had to scramble to find them every day when I went in (sometimes I'd be so late that I'd just have to go without them and hope that I could get along until somebody at home found them and drove them up to me). One time I totally lost my key ring, they had to fly in some loss protection guy to interrogate me before changing all the locks in the store and reissuing keys to all the managers.

Creepy-Cyclops

Quote Originally Posted by Bionicgoat View Post
    I'm horrible with keys. when I was managering at the craft store I lost my keys to the store on a daily basis when I got home and had to scramble to find them every day when I went in (sometimes I'd be so late that I'd just have to go without them and hope that I could get along until somebody at home found them and drove them up to me). One time I totally lost my key ring, they had to fly in some loss protection guy to interrogate me before changing all the locks in the store and reissuing keys to all the managers.
    I sometimes see people with those key rings that are attached to their waist by what seems like an extending piece of string, i've figured that taking the chance of loosing them is probably way better than the certainty of looking like a tw@t (apologies to anyone who uses them).

Creepy-bg

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    I sometimes see people with those key rings that are attached to their waist by what seems like an extending piece of string, i've figured that taking the chance of loosing them is probably way better than the certainty of looking like a tw@t (apologies to anyone who uses them).
    heh my Mom bought me one of those for christmas one year (it was metal with a retracting cord thingy)

I lost it

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

How exactly do you find these keys? Did you logically search according to the most likely places to find keys, or did you just randomly happen to see them, or something else?

I've also heard that this can be a male vs. female difference. Scan vision vs. single focus. Not sure how true that is.

Usually, I just randomly happen to see them. Where I work, people leave stuff behind all the time. I'm often the one finding other peoples' things and returning them to the lost and found. But I'm not deliberately looking for these items because I didn't know they lost them in the first place.

I had words here once, but I didn't feed them Khola aka Bee's Avatar
    TIM
    Meat Popsicle
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Universal key.
    Hello, my name is Bee. Pleased to meet you .

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Essentially. Also people will look in their typical spots and then search extreme atypical spots. The keys are generally sort of "in plain sight," whether under a blanket, in their coat pockets, or simply on the other counter. I always thought it came from years of practice as a child of going through piles of Legos for that particular piece.

I rarely lose or misplace my keys. I keep them in just about the same location.

Quote Originally Posted by Khola View Post
    Universal key.
    An LII getting to the heart of the keys of the universe:
    "Alpha Quadra subforum. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ~Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Johari Box

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Logos View Post

I rarely lose or misplace my keys. I keep them in just about the same location.
    I used to have lots of problems keeping track of my keys but now that I keep them in the same location I rarely have this problem anymore.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wish everything could be left unlocked, and people wouldn't mind "borrowing" so much.
    EII
    4w5, sp/sx

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Danielle View Post
    I wish everything could be left unlocked, and people wouldn't mind "borrowing" so much.
    +1
    Easy Day

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think Ne is good for helping to find lost things. Growing up, I was the person my whole family would ask when anything was lost. I would sort of use reverse Ne...like Ne backwards to find the one place the lost thing was (usually in a strange place, if they couldn't find it).
    Hi! I'm an ENFP. :-)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Have a number of stories about keys.
    Once, after going home and having unlocked the door, I left the keys in the lock... outside. A night passed... I looked in panic for my lost keys, gave up and got out... and found them on the door.
    I did it once again 2 days later

I wouldn't say it's related to Ne though, as my EIE friend is worse than me in that area.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

my mother (NeFi) loses her keys and her purse all.the.time.

my husband (FeSi) is really good at finding stuff and so is my dad (SiFe). I think Si knows where things are. And Ne is possibly just too head-in-the-clouds? but they make a good pairing
    IEI-Fe 4w3

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I want to visit the Florida keys.

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned