TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Which block is more visible: SuperId or Id

Oke, here's a question.

What are according to you the most visible/obvious functions of the uncounscious group?

The valued functions (superId block), or the strong functions (Id block).

Id
    ...the human race will disappear. Other races will appear and disappear in turn. The sky will become icy and void, pierced by the feeble light of half-dead stars. Which will also disappear. Everything will disappear. And what human beings do is just as free of sense as the free motion of elementary particles. Good, evil, morality, feelings? Pure 'Victorian fictions'.

INTp

TIM
    IEI 4-6-9 apparently
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Id block is probably more used, but I find that it's more obvious when people use their super-id - they often do it consciously and try really hard at it, so that sometimes it seems really unnatural, especially if the function in question is in my ego block or is their DS function. For example, LIIs and LSIs trying to influence an emotional atmosphere is kind of painful for me to watch, and is therefore more obvious to me, much more so than their use of Te, which doesn't seem forced. In fact, Fe-DS is the easiest for me to spot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Agee The Great View Post
    Nobody here...besides me, seems to know what SLE is except for maybe Maritsa.

Creepy-Pied Piper

Removed at User Request
    Last edited by Pied Piper; 08-23-2009 at 11:09 PM.

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pinocchio View Post
    Imo Id. Valued and unvalued blocks contrast and cannot be used together. While there are moments (usually in hostile environments, but not necessarily) when you use Super-Id all the time, the Id can be used along with the Ego very easily, even actively using the Mobilizing function.
    But the Super-Id is something you devalue, something you laugh at and think it's childish or irrelevant.

Super-Id can be used when useful, but usually the declared principles are against it. For example a Ti type is against the redundancy, but for example in programming the use of aliases or slight tunning variations can be appreciated even by the Ti types in some cases.
    I think you switched superid and id?

Super id is 5th and 6th.
    Id is 7th and 8th.

Creepy-Pied Piper

Removed at User Request

TIM
    ENTj 3w4 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think it varies. It takes high levels of energy to use the super-id despite being valued. If a person is tired or being continuously fought on their super-Id they will likely give in to their Id. In the case when they are being fought, they will likely only back down if their dual(or another type strong their super-id) is absent.

Also, people not exposed to others who value their super-id will likely not show their super-id much probabl because of constantly giving into the Id.
    3w4-5w6-9w8

Creepy-Pied Piper

Removed at User Request

TIM
    ENTj 3w4 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pinocchio View Post
    So even if you don't use the Super-Id, you can be seen from outside as valuing that belong to it (as in usual meaning of "value"). People have also life principles which belong to both valued blocks.
    Not always. Infact, dual functions (ie Se/Ni) are actually quite opposite and function in the opposite direction. If, for example, SxE was never exposed to an Ni ego, they might never stop acting in the moment and creating havoc for themselves. IxI would never get out and do anything if not exposed to Se ego. LxI would become bitter towards people and never interact with them... so on. My point being that one's ego functions can pull you away from your super-id.

They would likely feel very empty because subconsciously they are not doing what they value and what they need to to achieve psychological balance, but they won't realize this consciously because they have never experienced what they are missing. And so won't show what they truly value.
    3w4-5w6-9w8

Creepy-Pied Piper

Removed at User Request

TIM
    ENTj 3w4 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes true..

You are mostly looking at the 7th function in the Id, which I agree is probably there with the PoLR in being unnoticed. The 8th function however can be clearly observed in people regardless of whether or not it is valued. It's likely that someone will verbalize that they value things in their super-id, but what they do will commonly be associated with the id, most notably the demonstrative function. Also, what i was mentioning is that the DS is not very noticeable especially when not around someone who values it, but what you said doesn't seem relevant to that.

I don't disagree with anything you said... ugh maybe its a quasi-identical thing :tongue:
    3w4-5w6-9w8

Creepy-Pied Piper

Removed at User Request