Thread: for those of us with children - would your kids see you as your actual type?

six turnin', four burnin' stevENTj's Avatar
    TIM
    Te-INTp (ILI)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question for those of us with children - would your kids see you as your actual type?

Do you think your kids would see you as your native type? Personally I don't think my kids would see me as an ILI. I have no idea what. I noticed that a lot of us seem to think we have ESE mothers too. Maybe that's just what's expected of them so that's how they behave, even though they might really be another type?

Discuss.
    Te-INTp/ILI, my wife: Fi-ISFj/ESI, with laser beam death rays for ESTp/SLEs, lol
    16 years of bliss in an Activity relationship

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by stevENTj View Post
    Do you think your kids would see you as your native type? Personally I don't think my kids would see me as an ILI. I have no idea what. I noticed that a lot of us seem to think we have ESE mothers too. Maybe that's just what's expected of them so that's how they behave, even though they might really be another type?

Discuss.
    Hm I dunno. My kids are too young to see people as types. kwim? But yeah, when they're old enough, I think it's obvious that I'm INFp. I'm very close to almost every description written. heh. And that plays out in my parenting pretty clearly.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think my daughter sees me as a "caregiver", despite me being her primary caregiver. She's said that my husband takes care of all of us. Which is true. I make meals and tuck her in (though he tucks her in too), but the overall care of the family - making sure everyone is OK and has what they need - is somehow his realm. I'm the fun one and the warm lovey one. I am also the disciplinarian, though I'm not much of a disciplinarian and our children will never be well disciplined as a result. I do it more as a "managing people" thing than a discipline thing.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

TIM
    it's so pretty type
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Not at all

No, my daughter does not see me as my actual type. I believe she is EJ and I am IP. She needs a firm, steady IJ type of parenting to help her develop and feel comfortable with the world. She doesn't see the easy going, open, IP me.

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My kids are pretty intuitive about typing people. I think it has to do with having a Te ego. Most Te egos will naturally do this without referring to some pre-established model like socionics, even if they won't chose to talk about it.

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by polikujm View Post
    My kids are pretty intuitive about typing people. I think it has to do with having a Te ego. Most Te egos will naturally do this without referring to some pre-established model like socionics, even if they won't chose to talk about it.
    You're awful young to be having kids.
    LII-Ne with strong EII tendencies, 6w7-9w1-3w4 so/sp/sx, INxP