Thread: The most annoying people on Facebook

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default The most annoying people on Facebook

So I read an article on cnn and wanted to see if each of the different types corresponded to some socionics type.
    LIE-Ni, i think, but maybe ILI

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Let-Me-Tell-You-Every-Detail-of-My-Day Bore.Alpha SF
    The Self-Promoter SEE
    The Friend-Padder.ESE
    The TMIer.Alpha NT
    The Lurker. ILI
    The Crank.ILI?
    The Maddening Obscurist.EII?

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LOL, awesome article. I think people of most types can be most of those though. I do a little each from time to time, but I'm never consistently any of them.

There's a category I'd like to add... I don't feel like coming up with a clever name, but it's the people who are obsessed with politics, right or left. It seems like almost everything they post is about politics. And it's often bitter, pushy, or anger in tone. It's like their lives are a battle.
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by smilodon View Post
    The Let-Me-Tell-You-Every-Detail-of-My-Day Bore.Alpha SF
    The Self-Promoter SEE
    The Friend-Padder.ESE
    The TMIer.Alpha NT
    The Lurker. ILI
    The Crank.ILI?
    The Maddening Obscurist.EII?
    Most of these do not match up in my experience.
    "Alpha Quadra subforum. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ~Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Johari Box

six turnin', four burnin' stevENTj's Avatar
    TIM
    Te-INTp (ILI)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joy View Post
    There's a category I'd like to add... I don't feel like coming up with a clever name, but it's the people who are obsessed with politics, right or left. It seems like almost everything they post is about politics. And it's often bitter, pushy, or anger in tone. It's like their lives are a battle.
    I know someone like that, but since I have friends from both sides of the aisle I specifically try to keep my FB as apolitical as possible.
    Te-INTp/ILI, my wife: Fi-ISFj/ESI, with laser beam death rays for ESTp/SLEs, lol
    16 years of bliss in an Activity relationship

six turnin', four burnin' stevENTj's Avatar
    TIM
    Te-INTp (ILI)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by smilodon View Post
    The Lurker. ILI
    The Crank.ILI?
    LOL, I can see both of those as being ILI. Not me specifically, but ILIs in general yes.

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I'm the lurker on Facebook. I don't use Facebook that much, I prefer Twitter.
    LII-Ne with strong EII tendencies, 6w7-9w1-3w4 so/sp/sx, INxP

Facestalk sucks. I only log in there to see what spam (gifts, applications etc.) my sister has sent me. I practically never post anything at all, unless it's a reply to someone writing on my wall (which is extremely rare). Maybe I'm slightly lurker. It was like months when my only friends there were my sister and my two cousins.
    ...the human race will disappear. Other races will appear and disappear in turn. The sky will become icy and void, pierced by the feeble light of half-dead stars. Which will also disappear. Everything will disappear. And what human beings do is just as free of sense as the free motion of elementary particles. Good, evil, morality, feelings? Pure 'Victorian fictions'.

INTp

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Logos View Post
    Most of these do not match up in my experience.
    I suppose I might've been wrong, I just went with what type I thought the various fb types sound most like.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've just recently got into the whole update thing...I never saw it as serving a realistic purpose but with contacts all over, it's very useful and not as intimate as texting when you don't really want to talk to the person via phone.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Herzy View Post
    I'm the maddening obscurist.
    I was sometimes an obscurist too (I'm off fb now--got boring and I was spending too much time getting sucked into lame conversations). that was fun.

Seriously though, the ESFjs and their need to talk about everything that's going on... sheesh. I even had to tell my husband not to talk about me on facebook.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aixelsyd View Post
    I'm ILI and I'm the mundane poster. I don't update much but it's never anything profound. I'd rather not let some of my friends and associates know what is really on my mind, after all. Promoting is fun, too, but I rarely do it.

I don't know how to type the people, but where is the one for creepy person who IMs you the SECOND you go on facebook (this experience has caused me to keep on offline mode permenantly)? Yeah, and when you politely say you are busy, sign off online, and happen to post a tiny something, they patronize you for ignoring them? Where is that sort of person? Anyways, I am talking about a creepy IEI. :shivers:

Other than that, I don't give a shit what people do on facebook. It's not my goddam business, as long as they mind their own business. I have only been tagged in two photos and it's nice that people think of me. Besides, I don't do any stupid shit that would cause me humiliation in the first place and I don't have douche bag friends, so.
    this whole post totally made me LOL!

(I just kept my status always to "off" so that no one would ever IM me.)
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Creepy-Pied Piper

Removed at User Request

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by stevENTj View Post
    I know someone like that, but since I have friends from both sides of the aisle I specifically try to keep my FB as apolitical as possible.
    Since I use it primarily for business, I'm the same.
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aixelsyd View Post
    I don't know how to type the people, but where is the one for creepy person who IMs you the SECOND you go on facebook (this experience has caused me to keep on offline mode permenantly)? Yeah, and when you politely say you are busy, sign off online, and happen to post a tiny something, they patronize you for ignoring them? Where is that sort of person? ers
    Jesus, I've had a friend doing this to me on Facebook. The funny thing is that we're friends since 15 years and we have never quarreled, but then he gets angry because I don't reply to an IM on Facebook! (which I actually hadn't even seen, since I closed the without looking). That was really annoying.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit