Thread: Type Me

Creepy-Cyclops

Default Type Me

OK, i'm sometimes not really too sure about how these typing threads turn out.

I've had some fair reasoning recently which I think shows me to be INTj, probably with Ti subtype.

Why I was ISTp is another story I suppose. As a side note (although this wasn't all I was basing it on btw), it's perhaps somewhat amusing to note that just about every test i've sat has produced ISTp.

So, whether me selecting the answers for ISTp has somehow been a reflection of my environment at times perhaps, to give this result, but doesn't actually provide the real self which is *I* could be another matter.

However, I think Ti leading and Ne creative makes a lot of sense for me now, and i'm kinda happy with it.

I do think it would be interesting to hear any other peoples input. I think in fairness my input in the forum betrays/displays my Ti leading, and my posting style is just too "light hearted" in many ways to fit in with Delta.

Eh, i've almost accepted me being INTj btw, so I don't know if this makes this thread redundant. I haven't even been sure about posting it. My type from my own mind is sort of becoming old news now! but maybe it is good to get others input at the same time before I lock it away (my type) into some Ti IJ system building outlook?

So it's good to look at things, I suppose.

And maybe I should re-examine my perception of socionics in some ways (although, curiously perhaps, it occured to me that my typing of others or understanding of socionics can also be seperate what's perhaps been a misleading outlook upon myself, so many possibilities)!

Creepy-Cyclops

I went for a McDonalds last night. Apparently you get a free glass with your diet coke. I couldn't decide what colour I wanted so I asked the girl who was serving me to choose it for me. She gave me a pink one.

Another attendent put my fries on my tray, and I didn't know what they were at first.

TIM
    ??
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

YOU IMPOSTER

*CRIES*
    <Crispy> what subt doesnt understand is that a healthy reaction to "FUCK YOU" is and not

Creepy-Cyclops

Haha, sorry. I do live next door to you though, in a manner of speaking.

Contrarian Traditionalist Krig the Viking's Avatar
    TIM
    C-LII
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You know, I always thought your thinking was pretty systematic and Ti-ish for an ISTp, even back at socionics.com. I never said anything though, because I'm not a huge fan of text-based typings.
    Quaero Veritas.

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I still say most probably SLI.

You don't seem to fit in with the LII's. They are different than you, and I cannot understand them most of the time.

You do however seem to have switched to a different way of applying socionics. More information based, so I guess that might have given another result when selftyping.

In the end, all I've got are posts of you that I read, so I can never be really sure about your type. But this is what I think so far.

btw forget the pm I sent, didn't see you openend a thread on your type already...

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Carla View Post
    Yer tslejar lsdfoxvlkxcv asd asls e log liyhs sd e qwisdfo! Uosif lv a e lsdifpghga sdfaq.
    yeah, I agree.

:d

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cyclops, as you probably know, I've always enjoyed your posts and insights here.

...I've met more than a few ISTps in my life, and honestly, I rarely enjoy their insights. (And I'm not writing about the "ISTps" that post here, most of them being ISTjs.)

I'm excited to hear what you conclude about your type!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JuJu View Post
    C(And I'm not writing about the "ISTps" that post here, most of them being ISTjs.)
    I agree w/ that!

I really don't have an opinion on Cyclops's type. I thought that he was ISTp, but then again, I was probably thrown off by several of the ISTps here being ISTjs. So really, no clue.

I think he could still be ISTp, ISFp...maybe INTj but kind of doubt it. Difficult to tell.
    Hi! I'm an ENFP. :-)

Creepy-Cyclops

Quote Originally Posted by Krig the Viking View Post
    You know, I always thought your thinking was pretty systematic and Ti-ish for an ISTp, even back at socionics.com. I never said anything though, because I'm not a huge fan of text-based typings.
    Haha yes, I think so too, I simply reason too much like a Ti type imo to be ISTp, and even at socioncs.com, on the forums, back in the day so to speak, it was *very* alpha, and a small group of ENTp's such as vibration, epic, I fitted in very nicely. I noticed you when you arrived here, good to see you

Quote Originally Posted by Jarno View Post
    I still say most probably SLI.

You don't seem to fit in with the LII's. They are different than you, and I cannot understand them most of the time.

You do however seem to have switched to a different way of applying socionics. More information based, so I guess that might have given another result when selftyping.

In the end, all I've got are posts of you that I read, so I can never be really sure about your type. But this is what I think so far.

btw forget the pm I sent, didn't see you openend a thread on your type already...
    OK.

Quote Originally Posted by Carla View Post
    Yer tslejar lsdfoxvlkxcv asd asls e log liyhs sd e qwisdfo! Uosif lv a e lsdifpghga sdfaq.
    This makes perfect sense to me. Wether it is understanding LII's or perhaps it comes from my time in the TARDIS and the telepathic "linguistic" skills it transferred to me, during the time when the doctor regenerated into a cute blonde LII, I cannot really say, but I can surmise for instance, that it's either the first or both or the latter or even something else.

Quote Originally Posted by JuJu View Post
    Cyclops, as you probably know, I've always enjoyed your posts and insights here.

...I've met more than a few ISTps in my life, and honestly, I rarely enjoy their insights. (And I'm not writing about the "ISTps" that post here, most of them being ISTjs.)

I'm excited to hear what you conclude about your type!
    Thanks.

---------------

Here's some reasons (not a full draft of "functions" but it's to the point to describe someones behaviour and I think approach in socionics, what's really going on etc):

OK, i'm going to put down some of the reasons for me being a Ti type. In someways i've made a bit more of an effort to post more of late, so in that sense my ego functions would I suspect to come through much more clearly (less "guesswork" involved and such). I found this post very inciteful (thanks strrrng):

http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...6-post350.html

I agree with strrrng, this is how I reason, he's correct. It is Ti and there is a Ti/Fe relation there. The Ti/Fe dynamic explains well the dynamic I have with certain people out with forum.

I suppose some more elaboration, for the sake of posting, but if anyone reads the thread, or more specifically my posts on the thread (if they can be bothered, heh), I think the Ti is quite apparent, and it's a strength, it's pretty much what I do without thinking; To look at the preceeding discussion/argument on this thread, or other things (or not but this is elaboration), what I am doing is formulating a system of understanding, a logic of relationships (), in regards to how I am evaluating the interelations of the "objects" in play in the situation. To compare and contrast and influence the system and logical interplay between "objects", or the logics of the people involved, what they say and how it correlates from a static systemic representation.

I don't really (think) I use Te, it seems, what you could say i'm doing is that I analyse the information that's there, the "facts", how they logically relate to each other to see if they make sense or contradict.

Vague perhaps: I don't really see that I comment on the processes of things, the logical or illogicallness of processes, or use Te as a logic of action (as oppossed to Ti as a logic of relations).

I realise now that I believe what I seek is Fe, I suppose, I like someone who influences my mood and makes me happy, can make me feel what they think I should feel, or have the ability to influence the moods of others, someone who understands what I need in that regards; external emotions energise me. I've experienced this in reality and it has/does make good for me.

I like to laugh, I view my interactions with people on the basis of a series of interactions, I don't make final decisions on someone on the basis of wether they are good or bad, I really think people are inbetween. (short but a possible way of not valueing , I could elaborate more on this, but i'm not or can't post forever in one go, ha).

I could make a case for Ne later, but I thought i'd leave it at that for now.

Quote Originally Posted by jewels View Post
    I agree w/ that!

I really don't have an opinion on Cyclops's type. I thought that he was ISTp, but then again, I was probably thrown off by several of the ISTps here being ISTjs. So really, no clue.

I think he could still be ISTp, ISFp...maybe INTj but kind of doubt it. Difficult to tell.
    OK.

I wonder if I could ask those who are thinking i'm not INTj if the could express their reasoning more on that matter?

Eh, I also thought of some other things which may be related, for instance, behaviours:

How to analyse someone by their behaviours, actions?

There is Cyclops the cyclist, was pretty good at one point, considered signing for a team, has done various sports.

There is Cyclops who likes to go for a night out, spend time with friends.

There is Cyclops who some people who know him have described him as something along the lines of, "you're completely disconnected from reality sometimes, you come up with all these different ideas and elaborate on them, it's like you're on a different planet" (lol)

There is Cyclops who others say is down to earth.

There is Cyclops were i've heard it said that I think too much.

etc...

So looking at those things, some of them suggest N, some suggest S, mostly suggest "Introvert", it can really be a difficult lock to get on someone from such descriptions.

--------------------------

http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin/552512-post6.html

http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin/552523-post13.html

In the above two, the first one does show a particular Ti look, although I tempered it somewhat in the second post, feeling aware that I was posting in a Te quadra. Really what i've done is to explain a situation (using the title/question "are ISTp's social introverts or introverts" with a self contained logical idea, (Ti even it could be said), with also perhaps some Ne thrown in which is logically expanded on again).

and OK, to make a case indeed for Ne to an extent, when I wrote this, I was describing pretty much exactly how I work (bolded part):

(from http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin/554689-post88.html)

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops
    House from what i've seen is primarily a diagnostic doctor, a factual reasoner. He tries things, doesn't work, uses that data to build therefore re-adapt and try something else. What sets him apart is his attention to some small details but mostly that his factual accumulation of knowledge & experience in medicine is second to none, but it's this huge knowledge base, with experience, that he employs. (He knows symptoms & how to treat things better than anyone else, and it's this knowledge which sometimes means he will try a treatment for a disease which might not be there, however the results of the actions of this test give him more information to draw on his information base).

In treatment, I would expect an Ne type to produce different ways of treating someone; slight tweaks or modifications to established treatments.
    Although I don't work in medicine, the comparable is there.

Edit: heh, lol.
    Last edited by Cyclops; 08-21-2009 at 04:10 PM.

TIM
    SEI, 9
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Makes sense.. Your Si always seemed a bit off to me.