Thread: Creative Function in its Spectrum

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Creative Function in its Spectrum

Is it just me, or when the creative function is expressed crucially, does it not come across strikingly crazy and intrepid? (compared to its dominant egos/their mirrors) Take boxxy for instance (just a random selection), where the consensus of her typing is SEI I think, and other SEIs. Would you not say that Fe is intriguingly bold and wild? Perhaps this is so with some (sub)types, but what about the others: How does the creative differ from its dominant position? (in you?) And how is this different from when it is expressed in its height (compared to its dominant position), versus just being used simply as a creative function? Try to give some examples of you and your mirror, who both share the same ego. How does your mirror use your dominant function differently than you? Also, do you maybe think you have some advantages or special skills from Xx as a creative function? (compared to your mirrors dominance?)

EDIT: I know the idea that the creative function is a slave to the dominant. So is the answer justifiably that the creative function's intrepidness comes from the dominant function's more or less ignorant interpretation of it, thus why one would come with it occasionally fearless?
    Last edited by 717495; 08-19-2009 at 10:20 AM.

Creepy-Pied Piper

Removed at User Request

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is not all about her, whatsoever. We're not changing the subject of this thread because you want to talk about boxxy.

Creepy-Cyclops

Quote Originally Posted by Pinocchio View Post
    If you're talking about boxxy that loud girl, if you still think she's SEI you're on the wrong path, my friend. You are a live example of the endless consequences of a single mistype.
    That would be all I can say about this subject.
    What type do you think she is?

Quote Originally Posted by polikujm
    Is it just me, or when the creative function is expressed crucially, does it not come across strikingly crazy and intrepid?....where the consensus of her typing is SEI I think, and other SEIs. Would you not say that Fe is intriguingly bold and wild?
    If boxxy isn't SEI then perhaps not?
    Last edited by Cyclops; 08-19-2009 at 12:59 PM.

Creepy-Pied Piper

Removed at User Request

TIM
    ENTj 3w4 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think that one's creative may be a little more bold, but less intense than someone with that element as a dominant. What I mean by this is that we generally use our dominant function more than any other and make it quite obvious, but we can see that sometimes we must switch over to using our role function. Our creative function isn't used as often or as strong, but when we decide to use it, we don't hold back because we usually don't see how we are violating the element in our PoLR.
    3w4-5w6-9w8

TIM
    ??
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

EIE.
    You think boxxy is EIE? why?
    <Crispy> what subt doesnt understand is that a healthy reaction to "FUCK YOU" is and not

Creepy-Pied Piper

Removed at User Request

TIM
    IEE-Ne cp 6w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    What type do you think she is?
    EIE.
    I say ESE. But at least we agree she's Fe-leading.
    Stan is not my real name.

Creepy-Pied Piper

Removed at User Request

TIM
    ??
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Long story short, because she behaves like an EIE.
    Specifically, what does not make sense and you want to know?
    Her whole demeanor. I dont know one EIE who would act like her.
    <Crispy> what subt doesnt understand is that a healthy reaction to "FUCK YOU" is and not

Creepy-Pied Piper

Removed at User Request

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by polikujm View Post
    How does the creative differ from its dominant position? (in you?) And how is this different from when it is expressed in its height (compared to its dominant position), versus just being used simply as a creative function? Try to give some examples of you and your mirror, who both share the same ego. How does your mirror use your dominant function differently than you? Also, do you maybe think you have some advantages or special skills from Xx as a creative function? (compared to your mirrors dominance?)
    I feel like my mirror (EIE) barely recognizes that they're being emotional and expressive. They're so focused on Ni or whatever that they don't even see themselves over-reacting and such (ESEs are the same in that respect). I think Fe-creatives have an advantage over Fe-dominants in that I think we're (or at least I feel I'm) aware of exactly what we're doing when we use Fe and it's a bit easier for us to hold back and control it. That's not to say it doesn't come across strong when we let loose but that we're more aware when we're doing it. I think EIEs are always searching for meaning actively, searching for connections consciously whereas for me, those things are a little more obvious or something.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I suggest that the creative function is not slave to the dominant - it just seems that way because the dominant overshadows it. I'm pretty sure I've used my creative function to control my dominant function... but the creative function is generally easier to suppress, and spends a fair amount of time suppressed, in which the dominant function works with the information that it provided while it was working.

In a way, the creative function is the more competent function, because it's able to subside when appropriate - better self-control.

LII-Ne

"Come to think of it, there are already a million monkeys on a million typewriters, and the Usenet is NOTHING like Shakespeare!"
    - Blair Houghton

Johari

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think I am a slave to emotions.
    D-SEI 9w1

This is me and my dual being scientific together

Creepy-Pied Piper

Removed at User Request

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Like Khola, warrior-librarian and polikujm, she likes that pokemon, she is that pokemon.
    I just wanted to clarify that I am quite open to type explanations. I listen to every one of them. But when you supply me with horrible understanding of the topic at hand, such as giving a simple ignorant statement: ILIs can't cry over movies, then I have little reason to trust you. Even if you are correct in an assertion about me, if your method of understanding and relating to the objective of the topic is wrong, I have no way of knowing that there is good reason, because you aren't showing me anything relevant. So perhaps you can relate to what I have to deal with.

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

But cheer up, I agree with you that Isha is not an SLI, I mean it. Like Khola, warrior-librarian and polikujm, she likes that pokemon, she is that pokemon. She will not give a shit about anyone opinion unless agreeing with her or attacking directly.
    How did I get on this list?
    LII-Ne with strong EII tendencies, 6w7-9w1-3w4 so/sp/sx, INxP

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Creating function is less solipsistic than the Base function. It's less subjective and less concerned with personally getting ahead at the expense of others.

In the Creating function the focus is on something outside of yourself, while in the Accepting function the focus is on a piece of data you have in direct posession (a
    "subjective experience"; it isn't particularly much wrong to say that the focus is simply on oneself).

Creating: Limiting (emphasis on) at Static (composite models; objective reality)
    Accepting: Limiting (emphasis on) at Dynamic (data; building blocks; subjective experience)

Creating functions handle multiple experiences at a time, whereas Accepting functions handle multiple real world conditions at a time. This is exactly because whichever you're not focussing on get's handled automatically and in large numbers at a time. There is a main difference, however. In the Creating function's case, you're handling multiple things a time that you each individually understand. In the Accepting function's case, you haven't bothered to look at any of the cases because you are focussing on what must be the case regardless of what is going on. In the Accepting function this sense of "regardlessness" and refusal to look at the actual conditions dominates.

Creepy-Pied Piper

Removed at User Request

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I'm amazed what the human mind can fabricate, this is not the first time I think you are hallucinating. Please show me where did I write such thing in this thread, first.

Well, like everybody else. The only LII-related thing I notice in you is that you are obsessed with this type.
    So what other suggestions for my type do you have? I don't see you suggesting anything else.

Creepy-Pied Piper

Removed at User Request

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Delta NF as a first guess. Ne is obvious, but if Ti - it's very weak, so as a far second guess, I'd give it a try to ILE, too.

When I first learned about socionics, I was pondering EII as a possible type. Eventually I discarded the idea. I can't see myself as base. I'm definitely Fe/Ti valuing. But I can see why you'd suggest it considering the creative and PoLR in common with LII's.

Where do you see the coming out of my posts?

IEE is out. I'm waaay too introverted for one thing. It also doesn't make sense in terms of relationships. I'm not SLI dual seeking (or LSE seeking if I'm EII).

I can see why you'd suggest ILE. I think it makes more sense than delta NF. It values Fe/Ti and has strong . But once again, the issue is in temperament. I don't have an EP temperament. I'm way too introverted. I don't think my PoLR is either.

Creepy-Pied Piper

Removed at User Request

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm amazed what the human mind can fabricate, this is not the first time I think you are hallucinating. Please show me where did I write such thing in this thread, first.
    You just discredited me how I don't give a shit about people's opinions. If you are going to associate me with someone else, even associate me with the wrong things, don't be surprised when you are corrected. In fact don't even respond to posts, where you can't give a decent response, unless you don't want to be taken seriously. What confuses me is why you act serious when you're not.

Creepy-Pied Piper

Removed at User Request

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I answered you and asked you where did I write "ILIs don't cry at movies" in this thread.
    This is me using an example.

I agree that your topic is a bit different, about Creative/Base, but the problem is that you slip your bullshit among relevant information (like that "SEI" Fe ~= ESE) which unfortunately did not pass nearm me unnoticed, any reasonable person would say "hold on a minute, wtf are you talking about?".
    Give me a break, I answered what it was to answer, what should I say more?
    This is a different topic though, one you have already started discussing. You brought boxxy into the equation, which was something altogether different from my original question. Where as if you notice Redbaron answered the question with a deal of appropriateness. You gave some good insight too, it was just a little vague and diverted.

Creepy-Pied Piper

Removed at User Request

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Likes/dislikes, belonging, relationships and the opinions of others look to be your the red line. You don't hear LIIs expressing preferences, do you?
    You also look to have a "male-brain" wish and looking for evidence you're a logical type, I mean somehow you insist on you being an LII, like a self-convincing, in most of your posts refer to you or your type.

Sorry for the delay, sometimes I first "know" what type you are, then I look for consistent logical evidence, then things clear up in time.

LII's express preferences. All types express preferences sometimes. LIIs probably less often than than ethical types but it's not they never express them.

I don't insist on being an LII. I don't insist on being any type. I'm just going off from my own self-observation. I admit I may be wrong about my own self-observation.

I haven't seen others on this forum challenge my type. That's not to say that there's no way I could have mistyped myself. Just that if it was that blatantly obvious I'm not an LII but rather a delta NF or even an ILE, I would have expected more people to speak up regarding that. I don't see that happening.

I'll put up a poll where people can respond anonymously, to see if there's anyone who silently thinks I'm something other than an LII.

Creepy-Pied Piper

Removed at User Request