Thread: the most boring type (according to intertype relations)

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default the most boring type (according to intertype relations)

Identical?

To be clear, I'm not referring to particular identicals I know, more so just the idea of them.
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

from toronto with love ScarlettLux's Avatar
    TIM
    Beta sx 3w4;7w8
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No wth

Dress pretty, play dirty ღ
    Johari
    Nohari

TIM
    ILE (ENTp)
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SLI FTW

mmm...as a general rule...members of the opposite quadra?
    ILE "Searcher"
    Socionics: ENTp
    DCNH: Dominant --> perhaps Normalizing
    Enneagram: 7w6 "Enthusiast"
    MBTI: ENTJ "Field Marshall" or ENTP "Inventor"
    Astrological sign: Aquarius

To learn, read. To know, write. To master, teach.

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

identicals of same subtype are really boring. different subtype is oke.

oh and benefeciary is also boring.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think identicals are boring, after a while the conversation gets stagnant yes, but you still feel comfortable with them and able to do things with each other.
    (D)IEE~FI-(C)SLE~Ni E-5w4(Sp/Sx)/7w8(So/Sp)/9w1(sp/sx)

Quote Originally Posted by Jarno View Post
    1)
    A girl who I want to date, asks me: well first tell me how tall you are?
    My reply: well I will answer that, if you first tell me how much you weigh!

2)
    A girl I was dating said she was oh so great at sex etc, but she didn't do blowjobs.
    My reply: Oh I'm really romantic etc, I just will never take you out to dinner.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, I definitely don't think identicals are boring, that is, people who are identicals are not boring to each other. The identical relation might be considered less interesting from a theoretical point of view, but that's a different matter.

Overall, the concept of "boring" or "not boring" is not part of what the theory of intertype relationships is meant to determine. However, the term might be used by people when describing some people with whom they have little in common. So, people from different quadras who have very different interests might see each other as boring because there isn't a lot to talk about. Not necessarily though.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think with identicals, it can vary based on the similarity of backgrounds of the two people. An identical pair that grew up in the same/similiar neighborhoods had similiar parents will be different from an identical pair where one grew up in suburbia, with not really there parents, and one who grew up in a violent ghetto, with parents that paid attention to him.

I don't think identicals are boring, after a while the conversation gets stagnant yes, but you still feel comfortable with them and able to do things with each other.
    But that kind of happens with any relationship, except maybe dual.
    LIE-Ni, i think, but maybe ILI

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think any type is boring.

but if I had to choose the most boring type to me, it would probably be EII. But I feel bad saying that.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Pretend like it's the weekend Banana Pancakes's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Most boring person I hung out with consistently was ISTp. Nothing against ISTps, there just was never anything to do.
    ILE-Ti
    6w7 sx/sp (low level of confidence)

TIM
    Beta sx 3w4;7w8
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aixelsyd View Post
    Well, identicals with similar interests who are comfortable communicating are liable to provide hours of fun and interest, at least this is how it is with a college friend who made me solidify my confidence on my type.
    Definitely! I think identicals are one of the LEAST boring types; they are great to talk to, but perhaps needs some help to actually do stuff sometimes (that's just for me though, IEIs need !)

Johari
    Nohari

TIM
    Beta sx 3w4;7w8
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by redbaron View Post
    I don't think any type is boring.

but if I had to choose the most boring type to me, it would probably be EII. But I feel bad saying that.
    Yeah, I agree. Quasi-identicals FTL. They're boring on paper AND off. I find ILIs (comparative) quite fascinating from a distance but when actually interacting? Total dead air.

Johari
    Nohari

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ScarlettLux View Post
    Definitely! I think identicals are one of the LEAST boring types; they are great to talk to, but perhaps needs some help to actually do stuff sometimes (that's just for me though, IEIs need !)
    I can talk for HOURS with my IEI friends. but in order to do anything, we need , it's kinda pathetic...

ScarletteLux, that quote in your sig is soooo funny!
    Last edited by redbaron; 08-19-2009 at 02:51 AM. Reason: adding
    IEI-Fe 4w3

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I love talking to LIE's. That's not what I meant.

Never mind.
    SEE

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I seem to find that the more interesting people are either in my quadra or in the opposing quadra. People in my quadra are more likely to share to my interests and they're easier to converse with. People in the opposing quadra often think and behave very differently from me. Oftentimes they are not the people I would want to get close to but they are interesting because of the difference.
    LII-Ne with strong EII tendencies, 6w7-9w1-3w4 so/sp/sx, INxP

TIM
    Beta sx 3w4;7w8
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joy View Post
    I love talking to LIE's. That's not what I meant.

Never mind.
    Lol, maybe you should EXPLAIN what you mean then, in your first post? ... Instead of assuming we're all inside your head.

Johari
    Nohari

TIM
    Beta sx 3w4;7w8
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by redbaron View Post
    I can talk for HOURS with my IEI friends. but in order to do anything, we need , it's kinda pathetic...

ScarletteLux, that quote in your sig is soooo funny!
    LOL yeah I know eh. Jeez that was one of the funniest machine translation things I've ever read!

Johari
    Nohari

Exits, pursued by a bear. Animal's Avatar
    TIM
    It sneaks up on you
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No I don't find my identicals boring. I just think LIEs are boring, Joy.
    "How could we forget those ancient myths that stand at the beginning of all races, the myths about dragons that at the last moment are transformed into princesses? Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love."
    -- Rainer Maria Rilke, Letters to a Young Poet

Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

oh and benefeciary is also boring.
    I disagree :wink:

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, I would say ILIs and LIEs are the most boring for me.
    ILE
    7w8 so/sp

Very busy with work. Only kind of around.

Creepy-Cyclops

Illusionaries?

Having worked with an ESTj, we both had our own targets to arrive within the same field. At times we could bounce off each other, common goals, cause, but still working within our own. Sometimes this has seemed like a really good relation. I suppose at times like this we've observed our creative functions.

However from that, when we've at times looked to carry on the relationship into some form of social activity, i've found myself being really bored and even not particularly agreeing with some of the persons stances or perhaps even actions (but perhaps saying somewhat little in that regard), and i've been exhausted (perhaps lethargic) and wanted to get away from the situation!

(I suppose looking at a more general inter-type relation, my example above is similar in ways to other experiences with the type). Still, interesting people can be interesting regardless of their type.
    Last edited by Cyclops; 08-19-2009 at 03:26 PM.

TIM
    EII 6w5
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Actually, I don't consider people as being boring or not. In that sense I'll just go out with somebody else. I really don't get that feeling that makes people go: "wow that person is so boring," unless it's someone who is completely unemotional.

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ScarlettLux View Post
    Yeah, I agree. Quasi-identicals FTL. They're boring on paper AND off.
    I generally agree. With most INFjs, I feel a neutral type of psychological distance, one that allows for fairly smooth conversation to occur without any significant boundaries being breached, but as a result suffers from a feeling of monotony over time. Obviously there are exceptions to this, though (and I think e-type/instinct factors in heavily).

I haven't found too many intriguing delta STs, but it's not like I'm looking Other than that, it varies a good deal.
    4w3-5w6-8w7

Creepy-male

Quote Originally Posted by Sereno View Post
    Actually, I don't consider people as being boring or not. In that sense I'll just go out with somebody else. I really don't get that feeling that makes people go: "wow that person is so boring," unless it's someone who is completely unemotional.
    This.

That said, I could lose months at a time with another EII. IEIs aren't the only sufferers of Identity-addiction I would hardly call them "boring".

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think funny enough that conflicting types are quite apt to bore each other. If only because they usually can't find a way to both be interested in doing something together in a way that both will find interesting. (Others have previously noted that conflicting types don't necessarily conflict with each other, if given the choice, but rather simply avoid each other)
    INFp-Ni

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

depends on the person alot. ISFp, ISTp, ESFj, ESTj, INXx, ENTp are all candidates

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mn0good View Post
    Yeah, I would say ILIs and LIEs are the most boring for me.
    your mother?
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by misutii View Post
    I think funny enough that conflicting types are quite apt to bore each other. If only because they usually can't find a way to both be interested in doing something together in a way that both will find interesting. (Others have previously noted that conflicting types don't necessarily conflict with each other, if given the choice, but rather simply avoid each other)
    there's an ESTj with a motorcycle who once took me for a ride. It was really short and he was all nervous about his wife being nervous (which is completely silly) and we haven't gone again although he's indicated he wants to. But that was a pretty fun shared activity for conflictors.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I find my father to be rather boring at times. He's an SLI and my beneficiary.
    LII-Ne with strong EII tendencies, 6w7-9w1-3w4 so/sp/sx, INxP

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Baby View Post
    No I don't find my identicals boring. I just think LIEs are boring, Joy.
    Could be.

Quote Originally Posted by Joy View Post
    Sometimes I feel like I should be more soft and feminine... especially when I meet middle aged LIE women. They're so boring and plain. (Again, I find them very fascinating to talk to and could talk to them for hours and hours. That's not the type of "boring" I'm talking about.)
    SEE

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

INFp.... sorry, just bleeeeuggh, whatever relation they are to moi.
    ENTp... love it

3w2

TIM
    ENTj 3w4 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think any type with your 7th function in their ego will be boring. Theoretically, illusionary and beneficiary would be somewhat useful and possibly interesting when it comes to doing things, but I find that my quasi-identical is a formidable debater which i've always admired so I don't know which would be most boring. I do find my quasi-identical impossible to listen to for long explanations, but I do with my illusionary too
    3w4-5w6-9w8

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

who said illusionary??? wow i don't agree.

benefactor, quasi. really that's all. even if i can't get along with the others, i'd never say they were boring. esp conflict. it's like watch carefully and tread lightly.

ILE

those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Blaze View Post
    who said illusionary??? wow i don't agree.
    Same, I've known my ILE friend since I was 17 (now 24) and he's not boring.

The common social "activity" that I definitely find most boring and dreadful is that whereby a group of individuals regularly get together and do nothing but sit and chat, or shop and chat, or go to get together with more individuals to do the two former options. Emphasis on group though. I enjoy just chilling with one or two people and doing nothing (so long as neither of them is a tard) and even chatting. However, once a group hits critical mass the conversation degrades to 'mingling' (hearing about the who's who of the town and why Cindy, you know Joe's ex gf is breaking up with her new boyfriend omg blah blah blah . When this happens I always pretend I'm listening sympathetically to whoever's talking but only because I feel sorry for them for not realizing how irrelevant and insignificant such matters are. LSEs and ESEs are the worst for this in my experience, they somehow have the absurd notion that every detail of what they did, who they saw, and what who they saw did, is so interesting that you should feel honoured to lend them your ears

So conflictor and supervisee are most often most boring to me most of the time (with some exceptions of course, and some are sometimes awesome, but still fewer and less so than other types)
    INFp-Ni

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by misutii View Post
    Same, I've known my ILE friend since I was 17 (now 24) and he's not boring.

The common social "activity" that I definitely find most boring and dreadful is that whereby a group of individuals regularly get together and do nothing but sit and chat, or shop and chat, or go to get together with more individuals to do the two former options. Emphasis on group though. I enjoy just chilling with one or two people and doing nothing (so long as neither of them is a tard) and even chatting. However, once a group hits critical mass the conversation degrades to 'mingling' (hearing about the who's who of the town and why Cindy, you know Joe's ex gf is breaking up with her new boyfriend omg blah blah blah . When this happens I always pretend I'm listening sympathetically to whoever's talking but only because I feel sorry for them for not realizing how irrelevant and insignificant such matters are. LSEs and ESEs are the worst for this in my experience, they somehow have the absurd notion that every detail of what they did, who they saw, and what who they saw did, is so interesting that you should feel honoured to lend them your ears

So conflictor and supervisee are most often most boring to me most of the time (with some exceptions of course, and some are sometimes awesome, but still fewer and less so than other types)
    Yes, when i was younger I thought that was the "normal way of socializing" Because it seems like majority of them do that, just talk about these stuff as opposed to a bit more interesting/abstract thoughts or ideas, rather than rambling about the every detail of it's experiences, Before I learned any typology theory, I thought that was the Idea of what extrovert was like, which was dead wrong.
    (D)IEE~FI-(C)SLE~Ni E-5w4(Sp/Sx)/7w8(So/Sp)/9w1(sp/sx)

1)
    A girl who I want to date, asks me: well first tell me how tall you are?
    My reply: well I will answer that, if you first tell me how much you weigh!

2)
    A girl I was dating said she was oh so great at sex etc, but she didn't do blowjobs.
    My reply: Oh I'm really romantic etc, I just will never take you out to dinner.