Results 1 to 35 of 35

Thread: the most boring type (according to intertype relations)

  1. #1
    Joy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    TIM
    SEE-Se
    Posts
    24,501
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default the most boring type (according to intertype relations)

    Identical?

    To be clear, I'm not referring to particular identicals I know, more so just the idea of them.
    SEE-Se, 852 sx/so

    Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

  2. #2
    from toronto with love ScarlettLux's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario
    TIM
    Beta sx 3w4;7w8
    Posts
    3,401
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    No wth


    Dress pretty, play dirty ღ
    Johari
    Nohari

  3. #3
    ILE - ENTp 1981slater's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Spain
    TIM
    ILE (ENTp)
    Posts
    4,866
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    SLI FTW

    mmm...as a general rule...members of the opposite quadra?
    ILE "Searcher"
    Socionics: ENTp
    DCNH: Dominant --> perhaps Normalizing
    Enneagram: 7w6 "Enthusiast"
    MBTI: ENTJ "Field Marshall" or ENTP "Inventor"
    Astrological sign: Aquarius

    To learn, read. To know, write. To master, teach.

  4. #4
    Jarno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Netherlands
    TIM
    ILI-Te
    Posts
    5,375
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    identicals of same subtype are really boring. different subtype is oke.

    oh and benefeciary is also boring.

  5. #5
    07490's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    there
    Posts
    3,047
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I don't think identicals are boring, after a while the conversation gets stagnant yes, but you still feel comfortable with them and able to do things with each other.
    (D)IEE~FI-(C)SLE~Ni E-5w4(Sp/Sx)/7w8(So/Sp)/9w1(sp/sx)

    Quote Originally Posted by Jarno View Post
    1)
    A girl who I want to date, asks me: well first tell me how tall you are?
    My reply: well I will answer that, if you first tell me how much you weigh!

    2)
    A girl I was dating said she was oh so great at sex etc, but she didn't do blowjobs.
    My reply: Oh I'm really romantic etc, I just will never take you out to dinner.

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    1,969
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Yeah, I definitely don't think identicals are boring, that is, people who are identicals are not boring to each other. The identical relation might be considered less interesting from a theoretical point of view, but that's a different matter.

    Overall, the concept of "boring" or "not boring" is not part of what the theory of intertype relationships is meant to determine. However, the term might be used by people when describing some people with whom they have little in common. So, people from different quadras who have very different interests might see each other as boring because there isn't a lot to talk about. Not necessarily though.

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    144
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I think with identicals, it can vary based on the similarity of backgrounds of the two people. An identical pair that grew up in the same/similiar neighborhoods had similiar parents will be different from an identical pair where one grew up in suburbia, with not really there parents, and one who grew up in a violent ghetto, with parents that paid attention to him.

    I don't think identicals are boring, after a while the conversation gets stagnant yes, but you still feel comfortable with them and able to do things with each other.
    But that kind of happens with any relationship, except maybe dual.
    LIE-Ni, i think, but maybe ILI

  8. #8
    redbaron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    9,321
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I don't think any type is boring.

    but if I had to choose the most boring type to me, it would probably be EII. But I feel bad saying that.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

  9. #9
    Pretend like it's the weekend Banana Pancakes's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    your backyard
    Posts
    798
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Most boring person I hung out with consistently was ISTp. Nothing against ISTps, there just was never anything to do.
    ILE-Ti
    6w7 sx/sp (low level of confidence)

  10. #10
    from toronto with love ScarlettLux's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario
    TIM
    Beta sx 3w4;7w8
    Posts
    3,401
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aixelsyd View Post
    Well, identicals with similar interests who are comfortable communicating are liable to provide hours of fun and interest, at least this is how it is with a college friend who made me solidify my confidence on my type.
    Definitely! I think identicals are one of the LEAST boring types; they are great to talk to, but perhaps needs some help to actually do stuff sometimes (that's just for me though, IEIs need !)


    Dress pretty, play dirty ღ
    Johari
    Nohari

  11. #11
    from toronto with love ScarlettLux's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario
    TIM
    Beta sx 3w4;7w8
    Posts
    3,401
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by redbaron View Post
    I don't think any type is boring.

    but if I had to choose the most boring type to me, it would probably be EII. But I feel bad saying that.
    Yeah, I agree. Quasi-identicals FTL. They're boring on paper AND off. I find ILIs (comparative) quite fascinating from a distance but when actually interacting? Total dead air.


    Dress pretty, play dirty ღ
    Johari
    Nohari

  12. #12
    redbaron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    9,321
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ScarlettLux View Post
    Definitely! I think identicals are one of the LEAST boring types; they are great to talk to, but perhaps needs some help to actually do stuff sometimes (that's just for me though, IEIs need !)
    I can talk for HOURS with my IEI friends. but in order to do anything, we need , it's kinda pathetic...

    ScarletteLux, that quote in your sig is soooo funny!
    Last edited by redbaron; 08-19-2009 at 03:51 AM. Reason: adding
    IEI-Fe 4w3

  13. #13
    Joy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    TIM
    SEE-Se
    Posts
    24,501
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I love talking to LIE's. That's not what I meant.

    Never mind.
    SEE-Se, 852 sx/so

    Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

  14. #14
    Poster Nutbag The Exception's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    my own personal bubble
    TIM
    LII-Ne
    Posts
    4,108
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    I seem to find that the more interesting people are either in my quadra or in the opposing quadra. People in my quadra are more likely to share to my interests and they're easier to converse with. People in the opposing quadra often think and behave very differently from me. Oftentimes they are not the people I would want to get close to but they are interesting because of the difference.
    LII-Ne with strong EII tendencies, 6w7-9w1-3w4 so/sp/sx, INxP



  15. #15
    from toronto with love ScarlettLux's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario
    TIM
    Beta sx 3w4;7w8
    Posts
    3,401
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Joy View Post
    I love talking to LIE's. That's not what I meant.

    Never mind.
    Lol, maybe you should EXPLAIN what you mean then, in your first post? ... Instead of assuming we're all inside your head.


    Dress pretty, play dirty ღ
    Johari
    Nohari

  16. #16
    from toronto with love ScarlettLux's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario
    TIM
    Beta sx 3w4;7w8
    Posts
    3,401
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by redbaron View Post
    I can talk for HOURS with my IEI friends. but in order to do anything, we need , it's kinda pathetic...

    ScarletteLux, that quote in your sig is soooo funny!
    LOL yeah I know eh. Jeez that was one of the funniest machine translation things I've ever read!


    Dress pretty, play dirty ღ
    Johari
    Nohari

  17. #17
    Exits, pursued by a bear. Animal's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    TIM
    It sneaks up on you
    Posts
    3,051
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    No I don't find my identicals boring. I just think LIEs are boring, Joy.
    "How could we forget those ancient myths that stand at the beginning of all races, the myths about dragons that at the last moment are transformed into princesses? Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love."
    -- Rainer Maria Rilke, Letters to a Young Poet

  18. #18
    Hiding Typhon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Valhalla
    TIM
    Ni-ENFj
    Posts
    2,645
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jarno View Post
    oh and benefeciary is also boring.
    I disagree :wink:

  19. #19
    <something> Wynch's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    On a Hill
    TIM
    ILE
    Posts
    3,910
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Yeah, I would say ILIs and LIEs are the most boring for me.
    ILE
    7w8 so/sp

    Very busy with work. Only kind of around.

  20. #20
    Creepy-Cyclops

    Default

    Illusionaries?

    Having worked with an ESTj, we both had our own targets to arrive within the same field. At times we could bounce off each other, common goals, cause, but still working within our own. Sometimes this has seemed like a really good relation. I suppose at times like this we've observed our creative functions.

    However from that, when we've at times looked to carry on the relationship into some form of social activity, i've found myself being really bored and even not particularly agreeing with some of the persons stances or perhaps even actions (but perhaps saying somewhat little in that regard), and i've been exhausted (perhaps lethargic) and wanted to get away from the situation!

    (I suppose looking at a more general inter-type relation, my example above is similar in ways to other experiences with the type). Still, interesting people can be interesting regardless of their type.
    Last edited by Cyclops; 08-19-2009 at 04:26 PM.

  21. #21
    Lobo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    TIM
    EII 6w5
    Posts
    2,080
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Actually, I don't consider people as being boring or not. In that sense I'll just go out with somebody else. I really don't get that feeling that makes people go: "wow that person is so boring," unless it's someone who is completely unemotional.

  22. #22
    strrrng's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    TIM
    Ni-IEI 4w3 sx/so
    Posts
    8,781
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ScarlettLux View Post
    Yeah, I agree. Quasi-identicals FTL. They're boring on paper AND off.
    I generally agree. With most INFjs, I feel a neutral type of psychological distance, one that allows for fairly smooth conversation to occur without any significant boundaries being breached, but as a result suffers from a feeling of monotony over time. Obviously there are exceptions to this, though (and I think e-type/instinct factors in heavily).

    I haven't found too many intriguing delta STs, but it's not like I'm looking Other than that, it varies a good deal.
    4w3-5w6-8w7

  23. #23
    Creepy-male

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sereno View Post
    Actually, I don't consider people as being boring or not. In that sense I'll just go out with somebody else. I really don't get that feeling that makes people go: "wow that person is so boring," unless it's someone who is completely unemotional.
    This.

    That said, I could lose months at a time with another EII. IEIs aren't the only sufferers of Identity-addiction I would hardly call them "boring".

  24. #24
    misutii's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    1,234
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I think funny enough that conflicting types are quite apt to bore each other. If only because they usually can't find a way to both be interested in doing something together in a way that both will find interesting. (Others have previously noted that conflicting types don't necessarily conflict with each other, if given the choice, but rather simply avoid each other)
    INFp-Ni

  25. #25
    crazedrat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    moon
    Posts
    4,885
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    depends on the person alot. ISFp, ISTp, ESFj, ESTj, INXx, ENTp are all candidates
    INTp

  26. #26
    redbaron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    9,321
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mn0good View Post
    Yeah, I would say ILIs and LIEs are the most boring for me.
    your mother?
    IEI-Fe 4w3

  27. #27
    redbaron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    9,321
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by misutii View Post
    I think funny enough that conflicting types are quite apt to bore each other. If only because they usually can't find a way to both be interested in doing something together in a way that both will find interesting. (Others have previously noted that conflicting types don't necessarily conflict with each other, if given the choice, but rather simply avoid each other)
    there's an ESTj with a motorcycle who once took me for a ride. It was really short and he was all nervous about his wife being nervous (which is completely silly) and we haven't gone again although he's indicated he wants to. But that was a pretty fun shared activity for conflictors.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

  28. #28
    Poster Nutbag The Exception's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    my own personal bubble
    TIM
    LII-Ne
    Posts
    4,108
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    I find my father to be rather boring at times. He's an SLI and my beneficiary.
    LII-Ne with strong EII tendencies, 6w7-9w1-3w4 so/sp/sx, INxP



  29. #29
    not a bumblebee octo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    TIM
    IEI 4-6-9 apparently
    Posts
    2,744
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by strrrng View Post
    I generally agree. With most INFjs, I feel a neutral type of psychological distance, one that allows for fairly smooth conversation to occur without any significant boundaries being breached, but as a result suffers from a feeling of monotony over time. Obviously there are exceptions to this, though (and I think e-type/instinct factors in heavily).
    Yeah, the conversation with EIIs always seems smooth but drags on waaayyyy too long... ESIs are a bit boring too, if you get them onto a topic they care about. I find my activators (LSIs) interesting, so it's not just IJs. I can talk forever with my identicals, but the friendship has to get to a point where there's no awkward silence.
    Quote Originally Posted by Agee The Great View Post
    Nobody here...besides me, seems to know what SLE is except for maybe Maritsa.

  30. #30
    Joy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    TIM
    SEE-Se
    Posts
    24,501
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Baby View Post
    No I don't find my identicals boring. I just think LIEs are boring, Joy.
    Could be.

    Quote Originally Posted by Joy View Post
    Sometimes I feel like I should be more soft and feminine... especially when I meet middle aged LIE women. They're so boring and plain. (Again, I find them very fascinating to talk to and could talk to them for hours and hours. That's not the type of "boring" I'm talking about.)
    SEE-Se, 852 sx/so

    Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

  31. #31
    EllaC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    London
    Posts
    160
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    INFp.... sorry, just bleeeeuggh, whatever relation they are to moi.
    ENTp... love it

    3w2

  32. #32
    Azeroffs's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    California
    TIM
    ENTj 3w4 sp/sx
    Posts
    2,216
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I think any type with your 7th function in their ego will be boring. Theoretically, illusionary and beneficiary would be somewhat useful and possibly interesting when it comes to doing things, but I find that my quasi-identical is a formidable debater which i've always admired so I don't know which would be most boring. I do find my quasi-identical impossible to listen to for long explanations, but I do with my illusionary too
    3w4-5w6-9w8

  33. #33
    Blaze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    5,725
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    who said illusionary??? wow i don't agree.

    benefactor, quasi. really that's all. even if i can't get along with the others, i'd never say they were boring. esp conflict. it's like watch carefully and tread lightly.

    ILE

    those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

  34. #34
    misutii's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    1,234
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Blaze View Post
    who said illusionary??? wow i don't agree.
    Same, I've known my ILE friend since I was 17 (now 24) and he's not boring.

    The common social "activity" that I definitely find most boring and dreadful is that whereby a group of individuals regularly get together and do nothing but sit and chat, or shop and chat, or go to get together with more individuals to do the two former options. Emphasis on group though. I enjoy just chilling with one or two people and doing nothing (so long as neither of them is a tard) and even chatting. However, once a group hits critical mass the conversation degrades to 'mingling' (hearing about the who's who of the town and why Cindy, you know Joe's ex gf is breaking up with her new boyfriend omg blah blah blah . When this happens I always pretend I'm listening sympathetically to whoever's talking but only because I feel sorry for them for not realizing how irrelevant and insignificant such matters are. LSEs and ESEs are the worst for this in my experience, they somehow have the absurd notion that every detail of what they did, who they saw, and what who they saw did, is so interesting that you should feel honoured to lend them your ears

    So conflictor and supervisee are most often most boring to me most of the time (with some exceptions of course, and some are sometimes awesome, but still fewer and less so than other types)
    INFp-Ni

  35. #35
    07490's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    there
    Posts
    3,047
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by misutii View Post
    Same, I've known my ILE friend since I was 17 (now 24) and he's not boring.

    The common social "activity" that I definitely find most boring and dreadful is that whereby a group of individuals regularly get together and do nothing but sit and chat, or shop and chat, or go to get together with more individuals to do the two former options. Emphasis on group though. I enjoy just chilling with one or two people and doing nothing (so long as neither of them is a tard) and even chatting. However, once a group hits critical mass the conversation degrades to 'mingling' (hearing about the who's who of the town and why Cindy, you know Joe's ex gf is breaking up with her new boyfriend omg blah blah blah . When this happens I always pretend I'm listening sympathetically to whoever's talking but only because I feel sorry for them for not realizing how irrelevant and insignificant such matters are. LSEs and ESEs are the worst for this in my experience, they somehow have the absurd notion that every detail of what they did, who they saw, and what who they saw did, is so interesting that you should feel honoured to lend them your ears

    So conflictor and supervisee are most often most boring to me most of the time (with some exceptions of course, and some are sometimes awesome, but still fewer and less so than other types)
    Yes, when i was younger I thought that was the "normal way of socializing" Because it seems like majority of them do that, just talk about these stuff as opposed to a bit more interesting/abstract thoughts or ideas, rather than rambling about the every detail of it's experiences, Before I learned any typology theory, I thought that was the Idea of what extrovert was like, which was dead wrong.
    (D)IEE~FI-(C)SLE~Ni E-5w4(Sp/Sx)/7w8(So/Sp)/9w1(sp/sx)

    Quote Originally Posted by Jarno View Post
    1)
    A girl who I want to date, asks me: well first tell me how tall you are?
    My reply: well I will answer that, if you first tell me how much you weigh!

    2)
    A girl I was dating said she was oh so great at sex etc, but she didn't do blowjobs.
    My reply: Oh I'm really romantic etc, I just will never take you out to dinner.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •