Thread: Got my EEG report back

Creepy-male

Default Got my EEG report back

Exciting stuff!

EEG Interpretation

Visual inspection shows this EEG to be within normal limits for age. No epileptiform activity, persistent asymmetry or focal abnormality is seen in the record.

QEEG ANALYSES

Results of quantative EEG analyses show lack of slow activity and decreased coherence with the frontocentral midline. This type of finding may be related to cortical overarousal and reported insomnia and anxiety. In addition, there is prominent slowing in the left parietooccipital region and decreased intrahemispheric coherence on the left. This type of finding is often associated with impaired sensory processing and sensory integration, with the left predominance likely impacting visual language processing, e.g. reading. Findings require additional careful clinical correlation to further assess significance specific to the individual.

Main Findings:

This qEEG is moderately abnormal showing:
    • Posterior alpha is maximal in the 9-10 Hz range and blocks well with eye opening. A small amount of slow activity is noted, maximally in the right central region
    • Absolute power is mildly decreased in the frontocentral midline
    • There is decreased intrahemispheric coerence in the low frequencies on the left between the occipital and anterior temporal regions, not seen over the homologous regions on the right. Multivariate connectivity analyses show markedly decreased alpha coherence between the left posterior temporal and left occipital regions. In addition, there is decreased connectivity with the frontocentral midline in the theta frequencies. There is also decreased theta coherence in the left frontotemporal and frontocentral regions with eyes open.
    • Mean delta frequency is high and mean alpha frequency is low in the left parietooccipital region
    • Symmetry analyses show slowing in the left posterior region

EDIT

Cost me 600 dollars.

MORE EDIT

As in, it won't be cheap to contribute to socionics.

In other words: you're mentally retarded j/k
    ...the human race will disappear. Other races will appear and disappear in turn. The sky will become icy and void, pierced by the feeble light of half-dead stars. Which will also disappear. Everything will disappear. And what human beings do is just as free of sense as the free motion of elementary particles. Good, evil, morality, feelings? Pure 'Victorian fictions'.

INTp

Creepy-male

Quote Originally Posted by Warlord View Post
    In other words: you're mentally retarded j/k
    I am a mentally advanced superion from another world. You will obey.

Creepy-Cyclops

Maybe Batman will log on and he can feed this through the Bat Computer for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Coolanzon
    Cost me 600 dollars.
    Another 600 dollars

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I want one of these...
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly View Post
    I want one of these...
    Me too.

I can hope that the price will come down and it will become common practice... I really think brain scanning of some sort should be done like every 5 yrs especially if it could catch things like Alzheimers (though I don't think it really can yet)... but still what it does give is very interesting. A lot of money should therefore be spent on making it standard practice (because it is interesting and I agree with selling oneself into the hole because it's "interesting")... what's a little more debt.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah...unfortunately I plan on staying out of debt for as long as possible, preferably until I buy a house/apartment.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Very interesting. How do they manage to associate the different frequencies to different parts of the brain? I thought that brain-waves were nonlocalized, but then I was probably wrong.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Creepy-male

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    Very interesting. How do they manage to associate the different frequencies to different parts of the brain? I thought that brain-waves were nonlocalized, but then I was probably wrong.
    You get a cap with electrodes on it that pick up neurons firing in their region. Usually waves tend to travel around (and in my case, they're flying everywhere), yes, but I assume they measure levels of activity in the various electrode regions.

Also, I remember reading that the brainwaves can collect in the regions of the brain, rather than travelling about. I think that was when you're sleeping, or something.

Creepy-male

Quote Originally Posted by octopuslove View Post
    Where did you get it done? And were they looking for something in particular?
    I got it done at a chiropractor's (well, fine, at the neurologist working at a chiropractic clinic ). They wanted to get it done so they knew what to target in my neurofeedback sessions, because I'm currently homebound due to anxiety, suffer from insomnia, etc...

Creepy-Cyclops

Quote Originally Posted by Coolanzon View Post
    I got it done at a chiropractor's (well, fine, at the neurologist working at a chiropractic clinic ). They wanted to get it done so they knew what to target in my neurofeedback sessions, because I'm currently homebound due to anxiety, suffer from insomnia, etc...
    I recommend regular sessions surfing the internet and socionic forums.

Creepy-male

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    Yup. It's the only cure known to modern medicine.

Creepy-Cyclops

Quote Originally Posted by Coolanzon View Post
    Yup. It's the only cure known to modern medicine.
    I really couldn't say, although I i've read what you're going for has quite a good success rate, so I hope it goes well for you.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    That's probably the worst thing he could do, actually.
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

Creepy-male

Quote Originally Posted by octopuslove View Post
    Does this mean no meetup?
    Oh, I'm fine in groups. Forum meets are about the only way I can be dragged outside

Anyway, you're breaking my heart. Aren't you Ms Neuroscience? I was expecting some ass-kickin' science from you!