Thread: A bunch of friends/family took a MBTI test

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default A bunch of friends/family took a MBTI test

The test largely got them wrong, but I took it and see where the problems are. The introversion/extraversion questions were weak (Do you like to meet new people or read and take quiet walks?) And it would ask about people you admire, assuming you admire people like yourself, so if you say you admire people who are unlike you it would mislabel you. But these are problems with many MBTI tests so I think maybe it illustrates some of the issues.

Anyway, here are some results

ESE friend - ISFJ
    LIE mom - INFJ (I'm scratching my head there. She said it sounds just like her.)
    Friend I think is LII - ISTJ (she said she sometimes scores INTJ and sometimes ISTJ, and honestly she could be LSI I suppose but I don't think so. I know her mainly because she's really tight with my ESE friends.)
    ESE aunt - ISFJ
    SLI aunt - INFJ
    IEE (I think) aunt - INFJ
    EII sister - ESTP (YES REALLY! I have NO IDEA how she got that result! She said it didn't sound much like her.)
    ILE uncle (and I'm quite sure of his type) - ISFJ (Yes, again, really! He said it didn't sound anything like him anyway.)
    IEE (I think) friend - INFP
    IEE best friend of aunt (aunt is SLI) - ENFP
    ESE friend - ESFJ
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The only possibility I know of, to explain the error, is that MBTI and Socionics type do not overlap.
    LIE-Ni, i think, but maybe ILI

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think they overlap, but I think there is a weak relationship between what is tested for in one, and the other.

I think it's a mix between that- the relationship is only weak - and that the test isn't that great.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do the longer, more official tests give any better results? All my friends are taking the thing on facebook, and everyone's getting ENFP. So far there's an SEE, ILE, ESE, and I *think* the last girl might be an SLE, and they've all gotten ENFP.
    IEE

Creepy-male

Quote Originally Posted by tiny_dancer View Post
    Do the longer, more official tests give any better results? All my friends are taking the thing on facebook, and everyone's getting ENFP. So far there's an SEE, ILE, ESE, and I *think* the last girl might be an SLE, and they've all gotten ENFP.
    I got ESFJ. I could see, vaguely, how that fits.

six turnin', four burnin' stevENTj's Avatar
    TIM
    Te-INTp (ILI)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

On these tests, garbage in = garbage out. You're probably referring to the MBTI test going around on Facebook.

I got ILI which is correct. (INTp)
    Two LIE friends both got LIE (ENTj)
    Some wishy-washy IEIs both got IEI (INFp) , although one was always IxI borderline and just happened to get IEI this time.
    En EIE got EIE (ENFj).
    An old friend from h.s. got ESE (ESFj)which totally makes sense for her and my read of her personality.

You have to be careful on any of these tests to answer them how you truly are, and not as how you aspire to be, or how you wish to see yourself. Otherwise you'll get inaccurate results. One friend of mine got EIE (ENFj) which totally doesn't seem accurate for him, although he's not in a particularly good place in life right now (laid off, or partially laid off from work) and might be under some amount of stress, which can lead to inaccurate results also. Also there's the possibility that you yourself may have mis-typed them in the event they think it sounds accurate.
    Te-INTp/ILI, my wife: Fi-ISFj/ESI, with laser beam death rays for ESTp/SLEs, lol
    16 years of bliss in an Activity relationship

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I'm INTJ on the Facebook one. I changed a few answers I wasn't so sure about the first time around and still got INTJ.
    LII-Ne with strong EII tendencies, 6w7-9w1-3w4 so/sp/sx, INxP

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Actually the way the fb tests work is that the application digs through your profile, analyzes your profile based on your pictures, comments to and from other people, and a few other things, then secretly emails a viral marketing company, and then outputs one of the 16 MBTi types and records it in its database so every time you access it, it seems smart no matter how much you try and play games with it.
    LIE-Ni, i think, but maybe ILI

TIM
    Te-INTp (ILI)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TIM
    Te-INTp (ILI)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by stevENTj View Post
    Some wishy-washy IEIs both got IEI (INFp) , although one was always IxI borderline and just happened to get IEI this time.
    Actually one of them got ISFp and I totally can't see them like that, but N/S might have been borderline. The FB test didn't give percentages, probably to keep things simple.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah I hate tests like this because they're very misleading, often wrong and they leave the person thinking "I am XXXX type" and they then go around thinking that's what they are forevermore.

My EIE aunt is convinced she's LIE. And then of course there's the whole MBTI being different from socionics thing. I just can't even talk about it with people because even I get confused.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I saw that a lot on my facebook too. I think for girls ENFp can sound like a good middle of the road type to try to be. It's sorta one of the "girly" types so that could be why (for girls anyway, obviously boy ENFps don't come across that way).

I knew an ESTp who insisted she was an ENFp (even though I lived w/ her and it clearly wasn't the case. But she wanted to help people, felt she was "humanitarian" and said she was "big picture." Of course she wasn't really ENFp, but just liked the idea of it. When I told her the strengths of ESTps and mentioned Madonna though, she completely accepted that was her.
    Hi! I'm an ENFP. :-)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, I think being female has a lot to do with it. What's expected of you vs. what you are.
    IEE