Thread: For the INTps:

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default For the INTps:

Do you ever have control issues? Do you feel like you derive pleasure from having power over others? Do you feel like you're giving up power or control when you divulge something about yourself?
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    LSI-C™
    Mentioned
    239 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Default Re: For the INTps:

Quote Originally Posted by gilligan87
    Do you ever have control issues?
    Yes.

Do you feel like you derive pleasure from having power over others?
    Oddly enough, not really. Then again it depends what you mean by "power over others". Perhaps not directly in the sense of puching others around face to face, but actually Id like to have influence, which is a form of power.

Do you feel like you're giving up power or control when you divulge something about yourself?
    Yes. *hides from you*

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't mean physical power, I mean as in you have something over them, like a girl who manipulates a guy to get him to buy her nice clothes; things like that.

Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    LSI-C™
    Mentioned
    239 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Well Im not the manipulative type in that sense. Your probably thinking of SFs there. But Id like to have some kind of power or infleunce over the world, even if its not direct like a politician, but more indirect like an intellectual who influences society's course.

Default Re: For the INTps:

Do you ever have control issues?
    Nope.

Do you feel like you derive pleasure from having power over others?
    Not really.

Do you feel like you're giving up power or control when you divulge something about yourself?
    Hmmm, not control. But I feel like I am handing part of my soul over to people when I give them my opinions. I hate that.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

People can say that I am very demanding and inflexible in a power situation. Hey, I like getting what I want, and I often have the power to do so. You might say that I have control issues, but I am not often in a position of power. And it is not so much the loss of power I fear from divulging an opinion, but rather the showing of a weakness of which one can capitalize upon. Maybe that is "loss of power", I don't know.
    Binary or dichotomous systems, although regulated by a principle, are among the most artificial arrangements that have ever been invented. -- William Swainson, A Treatise on the Geography and Classification of Animals (1835)

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would have thought all this was simple common sense. Are there people who think differently? Interesting.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What are you getting at?
    Binary or dichotomous systems, although regulated by a principle, are among the most artificial arrangements that have ever been invented. -- William Swainson, A Treatise on the Geography and Classification of Animals (1835)

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmm...Because I have a friend who I suspect highly of being INTp, but I'm leaning towards ENTj because of HUGE control issues.

Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    LSI-C™
    Mentioned
    239 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Why dont yo ask ENTJs these questions? Though I'm not sure theyd say yes to the last one.

Besides isnt everyone after some form of control? Its an interesting subject because everyone sees some types as more "power driven" than others, but what does that mean, anways? Power is capacity, and every type has the capacity to do something within their strong functions's range of interests. So maybe its more about what type of power you're after.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know, I'm leaning ENTj on this one because I'm pretty sure a neurotic ENTj would have similar compulsions. I just wanted to see if there were any similar behaviors among INTps because I think she's alot more INTp than ENTj, and even looks a bit like Sarah in facial structure.

Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    LSI-C™
    Mentioned
    239 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Maybe your friend is iNtuitive subtype ENTj.

Is your friend lazy, or is he hard working, or at least physically active in some significant way?

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not physically active, no. I don't really know anything about her work habits. She's VERY secretive. She's also convinced that she's an introvert.

Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    LSI-C™
    Mentioned
    239 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Sounds more like an INTP to me. Of course I dont know her, but Ill give my reasons if thats alright.

ENTjs are not very secretive they are actually pretty open and objective about what they do in private and dont mind talking about themselves. They dont like too much intimacy though, maybe because of POLR or repressed , but they dont seem to mind talking about themselves and showing off, etc, whereas INTPs are afraid of self revelation, its very draining to talk about ourselves because we have polr . Also INTps are not attracted to physcial challenges or real world projects like ENTjs are, at least not consciously.

btw, If Im wrong, Id appreciate if an ENTJ would point it out.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cone
    What are you getting at?
    Do you mean me? Nothing much, really. I was just surprised to read INTPs say things that are also true for me (ENFP). Mainly because I thought all this was merely common sense, not something that is related to type. Then lo and behold, it IS related to type... and not to my own type at all.

On second thoughts, of course, it's perfectly possible to have the same (or a similar) phenomenon as a result of different functions and/or life experiences.

Argh. Sorry for hijacking this thread.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And there are even variations within a single type, as one can see.

TIM
    LSI-C™
    Mentioned
    239 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Im not sure if my ENTj vs INTp description is correct, could anyone tell me what they think, if they have the time?

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gilligan87
    Hmm...Because I have a friend who I suspect highly of being INTp, but I'm leaning towards ENTj because of HUGE control issues.

Funny little misconception about ENTjs.

I really don't care to have control over people. They're a BURDEN! Besides, manipulating is against my ethics. The only moment I feel the urge to being in power is when I am involed in a something and people are screwing it up doing chaos. Otherwise, the attempt at submitting other people to your will is just a waste of time and resources which is subjected to an enormous extent to the law of diminishing returns. I also hate being sadistic and exploiting other people, and seeing someone doing that enrages me to the point of losing my self-control.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cheerio
    Sounds more like an INTP to me. Of course I dont know her, but Ill give my reasons if thats alright.

ENTjs are not very secretive they are actually pretty open and objective about what they do in private and dont mind talking about themselves. They dont like too much intimacy though, maybe because of POLR or repressed , but they dont seem to mind talking about themselves and showing off, etc, whereas INTPs are afraid of self revelation, its very draining to talk about ourselves because we have polr . Also INTps are not attracted to physcial challenges or real world projects like ENTjs are, at least not consciously.

btw, If Im wrong, Id appreciate if an ENTJ would point it out.

My life is compartimentalized in subsets. Let me explain this concept; there are people who can ask me questions about everything and I'll reply (girlfriend, best friend). I never reply personal questions asked by people I'm not intimate with, since I fear being judged because I usually prefer doing things by myself rather than needing to either submit to or take over the will of a group of people that go on by inertia.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit