Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: hello Gamma!

  1. #1
    six turnin', four burnin' stevENTj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    DC area, US
    TIM
    Te-INTp (ILI)
    Posts
    807
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default hello Gamma!

    Hey everybody, been awhile! So what have you all been up to?

    Have not posted here in ages but Socionics has never been far from my mind. I've found it to be an enormously useful tool for sorting out all sorts of things out in the real-world such as inter/intra-family conflicts, stuff at work, politics, online BS, and just life in general.

    Anyhow, my daughter is now 2 and she's a blast. It's been fascinating to watch her personality develop. She's clearly of EP temperament and I've always noticed very strong in her as well, so I think it's coming down to a question of whether she's an SLE/ESTp or SEE/ESFp. I can't quite tell, but all I know is that she's a blast. She does seem quite attentive towards others and will even ask if someone is feeling ok, and loves serving other people food real or pretend. Lots of little stuff, but I think she's an SEE/ESFp. Would be neat to have a dual for a daughter. Both my wife and I love her to death, but I think personality wise I mesh better with her than my wife does, which would make sense since ILI/SEE would be a duality.

    We also just had a baby boy back in February. Too soon to tell anything on him, other than that he's a major FLIRT! He smiles and even WINKS at almost any girl that goes by and he's not even 6 months old yet! Maybe he'll be an ENTj dual to my wife and then we'll have a full Gamma quadra in the house! That'd be pretty neat. My wife's family is pure chaos and constant conflict and drama. Her sis is an ESFj (Alpha), her dad a controlling and paranoid ISTj (Beta), my wife the ISFj (Gamma), and then her mom is an INFj (Delta). YIKES! I've never really been able to type her brother but needless to say the family is a wreck and I think having everyone in a different Quadra has a whole lot to do with that.

    Anyhow, what's new here? What drama have I missed? Cliffs? Hope you've all been well.

    - Steve
    Te-INTp/ILI, my wife: Fi-ISFj/ESI, with laser beam death rays for ESTp/SLEs, lol
    16 years of bliss in an Activity relationship

  2. #2
    Expat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    10,853
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Hi Steve, nice to see you back. Congratulations!
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

  3. #3
    aka Slacker Slacker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    North Korea
    TIM
    IEE
    Posts
    8,819
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Congrats! I've had a new baby recently too- a girl who is now 6 months old! We'll have to set them up someday! LOL

    I don't know what type my baby is except that she's very quiet and observant. She is also much less flexible than my IEE daughter was at her age. When she's hungry she has to eat THAT SECOND - there's no distracting her at ALL. And she'll only sleep a few places - no flexibility there either. It's interesting watching their personalities become apparent, isn't it?
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain


    You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

  4. #4
    six turnin', four burnin' stevENTj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    DC area, US
    TIM
    Te-INTp (ILI)
    Posts
    807
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Expat View Post
    Hi Steve, nice to see you back. Congratulations!
    Hey Peter! Wow same exact avatar and sig and everything. Weren't you in Belgium before? Or had you moved back to the U.K. by last year? vB said my last visit was July 2008. Where'd Reuben go? Is he 'tereg' now? Forum ruiner?
    Te-INTp/ILI, my wife: Fi-ISFj/ESI, with laser beam death rays for ESTp/SLEs, lol
    16 years of bliss in an Activity relationship

  5. #5
    six turnin', four burnin' stevENTj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    DC area, US
    TIM
    Te-INTp (ILI)
    Posts
    807
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Slacker Mom View Post
    Congrats! I've had a new baby recently too- a girl who is now 6 months old! We'll have to set them up someday! LOL

    I don't know what type my baby is except that she's very quiet and observant. She is also much less flexible than my IEE daughter was at her age. When she's hungry she has to eat THAT SECOND - there's no distracting her at ALL. And she'll only sleep a few places - no flexibility there either. It's interesting watching their personalities become apparent, isn't it?
    Congrats to you too! My son is LOOOOOOOOOOUD. Holy smokes. When he gets going I seriously have to put on the hearing protection I use at the shooting range it's so loud. I get migraines if I don't. That was going on for about a month but not as much now - thank God! He's been a handful - very fussy, needed constant burping, *only I* can burp him well (magic touch apparently) so I've just been very drained and exhausted for the past 5 months. He's almost at 6 now though and is slowly but surely becoming easier to handle. Good thing he smiles and giggles and looks so cute, otherwise the wife and I woulda killed him. The funniest thing about our daughter is that she's extremely BOSSY, but she's been a great big sister. Not much jealousy, but I make sure she gets plenty of attention. She loves being chased around and running away from me, giggling all the way.
    Te-INTp/ILI, my wife: Fi-ISFj/ESI, with laser beam death rays for ESTp/SLEs, lol
    16 years of bliss in an Activity relationship

  6. #6
    Expat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    10,853
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Steve, I just sent you a PM.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

  7. #7
    aka Slacker Slacker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    North Korea
    TIM
    IEE
    Posts
    8,819
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stevENTj View Post
    Congrats to you too! My son is LOOOOOOOOOOUD. Holy smokes. When he gets going I seriously have to put on the hearing protection I use at the shooting range it's so loud. I get migraines if I don't. That was going on for about a month but not as much now - thank God! He's been a handful - very fussy, needed constant burping, *only I* can burp him well (magic touch apparently) so I've just been very drained and exhausted for the past 5 months. He's almost at 6 now though and is slowly but surely becoming easier to handle. Good thing he smiles and giggles and looks so cute, otherwise the wife and I woulda killed him.

    Ha! Sounds a bit like my first. She wakes up talking and talks continually until she goes to sleep. If she can't think of anything to say, she sings. Loudly. First, she was colicky and cried continually, then she babbled and screeched continually, and now this! Now ask me why there are 7 years between my kids!
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain


    You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

  8. #8
    Haikus
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    8,337
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Welcome back. We've never met, but that still sounds exciting. Congratulations. I'm glad to see you're making good use of socionics.

  9. #9
    aka Slacker Slacker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    North Korea
    TIM
    IEE
    Posts
    8,819
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aixelsyd View Post
    lol, wow. That sounds like something. Maybe she should get vocal training and pick up opera or something...though you might go batty, then.
    She actually is getting voice lessons. I kept hearing from people that she had a great voice, perfect pitch, and all that, and then I set her up with some lessons. LOL. She's in the bath right now and singing! She sings every moment she isn't talking. It's crazy.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain


    You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

  10. #10
    six turnin', four burnin' stevENTj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    DC area, US
    TIM
    Te-INTp (ILI)
    Posts
    807
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Slacker Mom View Post
    Ha! Sounds a bit like my first. She wakes up talking and talks continually until she goes to sleep. If she can't think of anything to say, she sings. Loudly. First, she was colicky and cried continually, then she babbled and screeched continually, and now this! Now ask me why there are 7 years between my kids!
    Quote Originally Posted by Slacker Mom View Post
    She actually is getting voice lessons. I kept hearing from people that she had a great voice, perfect pitch, and all that, and then I set her up with some lessons. LOL. She's in the bath right now and singing! She sings every moment she isn't talking. It's crazy.
    My daughter is actually pretty loud and quite a singer too, at only TWO! She has an amazing memory and can sing songs like Jingle Bells and other nursery rhymes from memory. She just stopped singing Jingle Bells in June or July sometime!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •