Thread: ESTp jobs/careers/occupations: what jobs are SLEs good at fulfilling in society?

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default ESTp jobs/careers/occupations: what jobs are SLEs good at fulfilling in society?

Socionics :: Awakening the Ego

What role could an SLE possibly fulfil in society besides becoming an officer in the army (which I don't want to do)? What skills can I lend to people?

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ezra View Post
    ? What skills can I lend to people?
    It depends on what you got. IMO you're not just SLE. You're also GZUj, FMIr, KRp and a lot of other things.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Typical traits of each type related to the functions, I'm talking about. What jobs are Se + Ti people good at fulfilling in society?

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anything you want.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    IEI 4 sx
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

anyway you want it that's the way you need it, anyway you want it.. *sings*

hey, you could be a stripper. talk about control of your environment

hey, but, are you serious? just do what you like. what do you like?
    "If you can find out little melodies for yourself on the piano it is all very well. But if they come of themselves when you are not at the piano, then you have still greater reason to rejoice; for then the inner sense of music is astir in you. The fingers must make what the head wills, not vice versa."- Robert Schumann

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

depends on how much you want to work with people. I know an SLE carpenter who's pretty good at his stuff. I think an SLE could also be good in terms of being a leadership or administrative position, as they generally have a sort of charisma or force of personality that other people respond to, one way or another.

Pick a field you like, you'll find something.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What role could an SLE possibly fulfil in society besides becoming an officer in the army (which I don't want to do)? What skills can I lend to people?
    Well actually you can be a commander in the army. You just have to redefine "the army" and the war you are fighting. A SLE can be a great leader in the sense of actually taking a bunch of people and getting them somewhere. One of the most important things in change is ACTION and I think SLE's can apply their volitional pressure to ensure ACTION is being done.

Now, were does society needs ACTION? Everywhere!

Find a bunch of people whining "we need to do this, we need to do that" and take charge. "Let's do this thing people!"

If you need practice, organize a NGO, help them do a better job. Find an IEI you can talk to for feedback from time to time and then get to work.

SLE might be able to handle theories BUT their main brownie points come from getting their hands dirty, from ACTION!
    "What is love?"
    "The total absence of fear," said the Master.
    "What is it we fear?"
    "Love," said the Master.

I chose Love

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mimosa Pudica View Post
    - CEO in a huge corporation (E3w2)
    The latter has worked about 15-20 hours a day for 30 years, just to give an idea of what I mean by "too much fighting" to get there.
    Is that too much fighting from his perspective?

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by krae View Post
    All the E7s I know who have been in office/whatever places where they have to sit down and all that, have been whining about not being able to move around. Some 8s can tolerate it alright? About the 7s maybe it can be thought in terms of lacking novelty and change too.
    Yeah this is really true. I can do office/computer jobs if I have flexibility and thus can decide to go out and do something physical for a while. But being required to do it without free time would slowly (actually, quickly) kill me. I'd rather be cutting trees.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

lol Ezra your faux bad boy image is cute.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Best way to figure out who you really are: do lots and lots of drugs. Or figure out some other way to put yourself under copious amount of psychological stress.

Under cerulean skies...

I suggest: Aromatherapy
    ...the human race will disappear. Other races will appear and disappear in turn. The sky will become icy and void, pierced by the feeble light of half-dead stars. Which will also disappear. Everything will disappear. And what human beings do is just as free of sense as the free motion of elementary particles. Good, evil, morality, feelings? Pure 'Victorian fictions'.

INTp

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I suggest lysergic therapy.

Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly View Post
    Best way to figure out who you really are: do lots and lots of drugs. Or figure out some other way to put yourself under copious amount of psychological stress.
    Yes.
    4w3-5w6-8w7

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

WTH does that have to do with the case?

Edit: Ah... You are asking if for him it was worth the fight? No idea. He's dying from cancer, and has never seen anything else in his life, and never will, and he copes with that fact very well on the surface. He's said to me that "There are a lot of things I would have done differently had I known it would end like this, but I did my best as I saw it at the time". That wasn't my point, anyways, my point was that you can't always "start out" a CEO, and you might not even get there, so if you fight for something, make sure it's something you are willing to spend the time needed to get, and be sure you are willing to accept that you might not get it, due to circumstances and coincidences. What is "too much" for one person, is not always "too much" for another.
    My point is basically that he couldn't have done anything else, given his nature. It doesn't matter that he "has never seen anything else in his life", because everything else would have been shitter in comparison. He knew what he wanted and he went for it.

Mentioned
    759 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Naah... He is very different from that. Never had an extreme "goal-getter"-focus. Actually he's really relaxed, only very hard-working, and he says that "I never had any plans to climb at all, I was happy from the start. I think it would have been foolish of me to have such a distant goal when I was young, as I wouldn't have had as much fun along the way. I just happened to be the right person at the right place, and it felt right to accept the possibilities I was given, or else I would have said no." I think those are quite smart words.
    I've always found SLE aren't really goal "setters" so much as goal "getters".

Their goals are typically influenced by someone at a young age or they do something long enough to be so good and consistent at it that they naturally get into a position of leadership.

I find a lot of SLE's work their way up from the bottom to high positions of status.

From what I have seen if a SLE really wants to be good at something concrete, they have the ability to be as good as their natural talent will allow consistently. The biggest problem I've found for SLE and ILE is lack of attraction and desire in whatever we're currently doing, whether it be women or work or field of interest. PoLR

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"I never had any plans to climb at all, I was happy from the start. I think it would have been foolish of me to have such a distant goal when I was young, as I wouldn't have had as much fun along the way. I just happened to be the right person at the right place, and it felt right to accept the possibilities I was given, or else I would have said no."
    It sounds like the kind of thing a Si valuer would say. Taking life in its natural stride rather than determining one's own course of action.

Quote Originally Posted by hkkmr View Post
    The biggest problem I've found for SLE and ILE is lack of attraction and desire in whatever we're currently doing, whether it be women or work or field of interest. PoLR
    I concur. Fi PoLR in the case of women, perhaps, if we were to finish them based on our loss of interest, without taking into account how they might feel about it. In terms of socionics as a field of interest, I'm losing and gaining it all the time. In fact, I find that with most things in life - I'll have bursts of energy for many things, and then I'll lose it, and pick it up at a later stage. Fortunately for me it's always in a small enough time-frame for the outside world to not start getting suspicious at my potential lack of commitment towards a goal or plan. In my mind, my long-term goals are extremely hard set and while subject to change, I am constantly working towards them. It's a question of passion.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ezra is a 3.

Under cerulean skies...

***el X Mercenary
    TIM
    Te-ISTp
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yep. Ezra = Te-ESTj 3w2 machismo bullshizzle.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Deante, you're an idiot.

Under cerulean skies...

***el X Mercenary
    TIM
    Te-ISTp
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Deante, you're an idiot.
    Only an idiot would buy Ezra as Ti-ESTp.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DeAnte View Post
    Only an idiot would buy Ezra as Ti-ESTp.
    Only an idiot would mistake what Ezra projects for "machismo."

Under cerulean skies...

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ezra is a 3.
    I'll admit I'm a Three when everyone accepts that I'm an LIE.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Recently I had an SLE client who was a chef and owned a restaurant.

The article isn't really about how types fulfill roles in society, it's about how they encourage their dual's ego block to come out (and vice versa).
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joy View Post
    t's about how they encourage their dual's ego block to come out (and vice versa).
    And do what? There's no point encouraging an ego block to "come out" if it doesn't serve a purpose.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It balances IEI's. SLE's are the other side of the IEI/SLE coin.

SLE's can be of value to society in many ways. It all depends on their interests. It does seem that occupations such as being a police officer tend to have a lot of ST's, especially SLE's, but SLE's can use their strengths in many other ways. It does seem like having a job which requires them to be on their feet seems to work out best though?
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'll admit I'm a Three when everyone accepts that I'm an LIE.
    I disagree. It's not entirely impossible, but I definitely disagree. SLE is the best type for you, IMO.

You're in good company; Mimosa is an SLE 3. So are Donald Trump and Madonna. Success can be yours!

Under cerulean skies...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here's an article about what appears to be an SLE:
    http://www.nytimes.com/2009/08/16/us...lzgfFcsWyaWIHA
    The saddest ESFj

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ezra ezra ezra.

what to avoid: overly slow moving intellectual pedantic type pursuits. stuff like doing research, work that involves a lot of rigid procedural requirements, bosses that are picky or micro-manage-y. although i guess everyone hates a micromanager not just SLE.

good environments: crisis environments where a lot is coming at you all at once, situations where you have a lot of latitude, i've seen construction be a great field for SLE, esp if they get to be the foreman, sports either as a player, manager, coach, or motivator of some kind, stock market, sales, and other fast changing business pursuits. basically any place where there's a lot going on, people to influence and pressure, and is grounded in reality.

ILE

those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why are you concerned with society? Do what you want.

But srsly I don't know how to answer the question other than to give examples of SLEs I know

Basically I know two SLEs; a theater major who is damn good at acting and pretty good at stand-up (He's almost my exact Identical ), and my stepdad who is a volunteer cop and forklift driver... He's kinda a bad example of a SLE being 'outside the box' though, which seems to be what your looking for.
    Easy Day

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joy View Post
    It does seem like having a job which requires them to be on their feet seems to work out best though?
    Quote Originally Posted by Blaze View Post
    good environments: crisis environments where a lot is coming at you all at once, situations where you have a lot of latitude, i've seen construction be a great field for SLE, esp if they get to be the foreman, sports either as a player, manager, coach, or motivator of some kind, stock market, sales, and other fast changing business pursuits. basically any place where there's a lot going on, people to influence and pressure, and is grounded in reality.
    Yeah, I'd generally agree with that.

I disagree. It's not entirely impossible, but I definitely disagree. SLE is the best type for you, IMO.

You're in good company; Mimosa is an SLE 3. So are Donald Trump and Madonna. Success can be yours!

I'm not sure what Mimosa is; whether she is SLE, Three or neither.

As per Trump, sp/so 8w7 is the general consensus. I agree.

Madonna I don't have an opinion on, and although I'd say she was more likely Three than SLE, that doesn't preclude the possibility that she is SLE Three.

Quote Originally Posted by JWC3 View Post
    Why are you concerned with society?
    I guess it's influence from that article, which comes from socionics, a system originating from the East, the commies, the reds.

Compare with MBTI and the Enneagram, which are purely individualistic.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I guess it's influence from that article, which comes from socionics, a system originating from the East, the commies, the reds.

Compare with MBTI and the Enneagram, which are purely individualistic.
    Ah, next time I should prolly read such things before I post *chuckles*
    Easy Day

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nah, trump is a 3w2 sp/so if there ever was one.

Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nah, trump is a 3w2 sp/so if there ever was one.
    forreal
    4w3-5w6-8w7

TIM
    EII 6w5
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How about detective work? That one sounds like it could be interesting to an SLE.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sereno View Post
    How about detective work? That one sounds like it could be interesting to an SLE.
    yeah. like peter falk.

ILE

those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often