Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Taylor Swift's type (old discussions)

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Her voice is so weak live And her awkward movements remind me of a dancing praying mantis:

praying.jpg

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dare I say SEE.

TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Erk View Post
    Dare I say SEE.
    One of my SEE friends loves Taylor Swift. I would think SEE>EIE for T.Swift.
    You seek a great fortune, you three who are now in chains. You will find a fortune, though it will not be the one you seek.
    But first you must travel a long and difficult road, a road fraught with peril.
    You shall see things, wonderful to tell. You shall see a... cow... on the roof of a cotton house. And, oh, so many startlements.
    I cannot tell you how long this road shall be, but fear not the ob-stacles in your path, for fate has vouchsafed your reward.
    Though the road may wind, yea, your hearts grow weary, still shall ye follow them, even unto your salvation

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pukq_XJmM-k

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah I just don't get a beta Ni vibe from her. She seems like an aggressor.

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

No way any respectable SEE dances like that lol . She's stiff as hell, even when sitting - I think she's rational and Fe base. But whatever, I'll happily walk her out of my quadra.

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Elina View Post
    Her horrible dancing reminds me of the IJ dance thread, and erk saying she's an aggressor kind of makes me think the LSI typing might hold idk
    Actually it could, you're right. And not just saying that : ) Beta rationals can be confusing as hell.

TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Her horrible dancing reminds me of the IJ dance thread, and erk saying she's an aggressor kind of makes me think the LSI typing might hold idk
    Sadly, I don't know that many LSIs. But the one that I am well aquainted with is very physically solid and slightly robotic in his movements. She is more fluid and fragile in comparison, not unlike my SEE friend.
    You seek a great fortune, you three who are now in chains. You will find a fortune, though it will not be the one you seek.
    You shall see things, wonderful to tell. You shall see a... cow... on the roof of a cotton house. And, oh, so many startlements.
    I cannot tell you how long this road shall be, but fear not the ob-stacles in your path, for fate has vouchsafed your reward.
    Though the road may wind, yea, your hearts grow weary, still shall ye follow them, even unto your salvation

TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fluid? lol doesn't look anything fluid to me. Very angular.
    In comparison to the LSI.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ESI

Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've only seen one video (called "love story" or something of the like) and her "look I'm a weak stupid female waiting for a man to save me"- impression literally made me feel so nauseous I had to go to another room. Don't know her type but please don't place her in Delta.
    Quote Originally Posted by 1981slater View Post
    Axis of Evil: Iran, Iraq, North Korea and Agarina
    Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa Darmandzhyan
    Agarina does not like human beings; she just wants a pretty boy toy.
    Johari Nohari

Banned
    TIM
    SLE/LSE sx/sp
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dolphin View Post
    So you watched ONE video she wrote when she was like 19?? Omg, and I thought Betas were the drama queens.
    That was pretty dramatic

Banned
    TIM
    SLE/LSE sx/sp
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Wow words you still exist?? I've had you on ignore for two years, and its been so great I see absolutely no reason to stop now!
    Yes you told me on shoutbox you had me on ignore I had no idea why, so I PMd you to see what it was to see if it could be fixed, since you did not reply I figured you were probably re-evaluating you're gripe was nothing?

Guess not since you say it again and I tried to fix w/e it is was with you, sigh enjoy your maturity levels etc

Edit: this is an example of how the new tiny chat room won't work.

/drama.

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I'm set on LSI now. She seems plenty girly to me though, too much so.

Creepy-male

Funny, I watched part of some shitty CNN docu-story on her in the airport yesterday. Either SLE or LSI -- leaning towards SLE.

Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So you watched ONE video she wrote when she was like 19?? Omg, and I thought Betas were the drama queens.
    Lol, wut? I don't know how old she is or was when she wrote her songs (if she even writes them herself), and I don't care. That was just an anecdote about experience with her music.
    Johari Nohari

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I really like most of her music especially Love story. I don't know enough about her to type yet though, think I will go watch a few interviews.

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

maybe I've answered this already, but there's lots of Fe shit going on there:

I write from a place of my personal feelings about things. It's funny when you write a song and you don't expect it to turn into what it turns into when it goes out in the world. I wrote a song called "Mean" about a critic who hated me. (((( WTF))))) I put it out, and all of a sudden, it became an anthem against bullies in schools, which is a refreshing and new take on it. When people say things about me empowering women, that's an amazing compliment. It's not necessarily what I thought I was doing, because I write songs about what I feel. I think there's strength when you're baring your emotions.

She's an EIE-Fe E3w2 so/sp princess ...very comfortable with traditional gender roles and fairy tales ...maybe she just needs a LSI to beat her up lol.

This was an amusing read : http://www.autostraddle.com/why-tayl...weirdos-31525/

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Beta NF "dream-vision" at its best (through a so/sp lense, ofc) --- feeling must be anchored in renowned narratives, love = marriage ...and so forth. There's no Fi there.

The guy is relatively hot though ... at least she wasn't distasteful to the extreme.

Banned
    TIM
    SLE/LSE sx/sp
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Agni View Post
    Beta NF "dream-vision" at its best (through a so/sp lense, ofc) --- feeling must be anchored in renowned narratives, love = marriage ...and so forth. There's no Fi there.

The guy is relatively hot though ... at least she wasn't distasteful to the extreme.
    I don't see how Beta is related to this but if you want to go by stereotypes

"Installation of the consciousness of the leading bloc: The EII’s condition of normal life represents itself in the harmony of human relations, the observance of norms of ethics, morals, and the cautious storage of traditions. Therefore she finds it necessary to occupy herself with matters of moral refinement, to develop spirituality, and to seek true values in others."

http://wikisocion.org/en/index.php?title=Filatova_EII

So if anything eg love = marriage is an Fi thing as marriage is traditional.

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

at Words --- love as marriage is so/sp domain ..
    I meant Beta NF is about envisioning a scenario about the relationship rather than experiencing things as they are (anyone would agree this LoveStory video is anything but Sensing). Otherwise I would argue that both Fe and Fi tend to adopt a longer-term perspective on "love" as rational IMs.

Banned
    TIM
    SLE/LSE sx/sp
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Agni View Post
    at Words --- love as marriage is so/sp domain ..
    I meant Beta NF is about envisioning a scenario about the relationship rather than experiencing things as they are (anyone would agree this LoveStory video is anything but Sensing). Otherwise I would argue that both Fe and Fi tend to adopt a longer-term perspective on "love" as rational IMs.
    I dunno, I appreciate the explanation but I think anyone can get carried away with things like this regardless of socionic type. I mean anyone can fantasise and it's approaching attaching stereotypes to functions basically.

TIM
    LII, 5w6
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Taylor Swift + Media Machine = IEI.
    Taylor Swift + No Media Machine = ?

(my point being that I don't think we can type her based on her vids because I feel her publicity people will be trying to portray an image of her).
    Warm Regards,

Clowns & Entropy

Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hate on her all you want, but I think that you are cherrypicking the example that you do to in order to misrepresent her.
    You could justly accuse me of cherrypicking if I'd chosen to use that particular expample while ignoring several related cases that contradict the conclusions driven from it. But this is not what happened. The example I described is 100% of the first-hand evidence I have (I also have second hand evidence from having had my friends & people in this thread descibe her/her music in ways that seem to verify my experience, but that's not really what we we're talking about). I never claimed 100% of what she's produced is something I (would) hate. It's just that based on the evidence I have so far, there's no reason to expect otherwise, and I quite frankly have no interest to find out about it. My time on this planet is limited, and I'd rather use it to pursue experiences that I feel have a higher likelihood of being pleasant or instructive than listening to Taylor Swifts discography in order to find out whether or not she has managed to produce something less bad than my evidence would suggest.

I don't see why you'd think I have motives to "misrepresent" random celebrities I have absolutely no connection to by distorting evidence, but will be happy to hear your reasoning behind this if you're willing to share. And, just for the record, I don't "hate" her. From your reaction I'd think she's your sister or something. Chill. I'm not judging you if you like her or something.
    Johari Nohari

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

i love her latest songs.
    she's one of those celebrities i find "relatable" even tho they obv lead much different lives than me lol. good marketing, w/e..

looks like theres lots of different opinions on her type. all i remember of her other than her music is an interview on ellen in which i thought she seemed kinda awkwardly sociorational and jerky.

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

ugh, she is so incredibly boring

I've seen a typing of her as ESE somewhere. not completely sure of it, but it goes fit into the rational + Fe typings of her. she's also in the image triad as she does invest a lot of effort into presenting a certain image of herself, likely a 3w4.

Banned
    TIM
    SLE/LSE sx/sp
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dolphin
    "edit: nevermind, I'm not interested in fighting. I found what you said rude, but I'm not going to make some logical case for it, its whatever."
    I can 'based on the evidence' that I've not lost anything with you having some (thing) against me, you're just some internet w/e
    Last edited by mu4; 11-25-2014 at 06:27 AM. Reason: edit request

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Her e type is 3w4 so/sp imo

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Ew2 ...the nice girl image she so much invests in ("oh save me, save me, Romeo")....

I don't see any interest in being original or vaguely intricate/intense ..by any means. She's absolutely fine with being a bunch of "love" cliches that probably impress American housewives.

TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I see a lot of introverted ethics in her. I'm an Fe subtype and her statements, and actually her whole personality is really judgy- judgy, as in "I like this and I like that, and I don't like you anymore" in a morally snotty tone which to my Fe sensibilities comes off as a bit too-too. I think (as in its my best analysis so far) that she might be Fi Creative - so perhaps either ESFp or ENFp.

Ennegram 2, owing to how much she goes on about "I know what you need" sorts of proclamations in a prideful way.

Creepy-male

Lol definitely not my bag but she's hoisted up by a huge media or machine. Her music seems to relate a waif vibe. This is why I think she comes off like helpless girl that needs man to save her. She banks on the white girl waif/princess vibe-- but it's all bullshit, she's probably more normal than most people would think. I think archetypally that's what goes on with her music.

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

probably Fe-EIE, though I can see a decent case being made for Ti-LSI (haven't watched any interviews). for e-type I would guess 3w2 > 3w4 and so-something... she seems more emotionally present than immersed.

edit: after watching a few interviews, LSI could be it. her Fe doesn't seem especially harnessed.
    Last edited by strrrng; 12-05-2014 at 09:33 PM.
    4w3-5w6-8w7

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Suz View Post
    As far as I know, there is some consensus on Taylor Swift being IEI. I personally dont have a strong opinion on a type for her, but i dont see why IEI couldn't be the case.

Not a huge fan of her songs, but I saw her perform on the American Music Awards tonight, and even though her voice is weak and out of tune at times, she gives a great stage performance/production--very entertaining. This is why she is a star, in my opinion. It's not because of her voice, for sure.
    to update my opinion, I think she is getting better. A lot better. Totally digging her most recent song (Blank Space).
    The music video is well done as always...she's always been really good at that, though.

IDK what type she is though...
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I agree with EIE 3w2.. I was thinking wing 4, as on photos she seems to carry herself in a very regal fashion,

t.jpg

but between videos like Shake it off and seeing this cringe-worthy thing below...yeah, 3w2 alright.

you can go to where your heart is Galen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This girl's type has confounded me for as long as I've heard of her. All I'm sure of is sx-last and XXXj. Se/Ni > other, maybe Se-ISXj.

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Is there anyone here who actually listens to her new album and wants to discuss it with me? I know @lungs has but doesn't post anymore, maybe @ScarlettLux?

I definitely think she is Se ego..I don't really see her as "cringe worthy" and am interested in discussing her material with anyone else who is also interested. I am a big fan.
    I'm super hypocritical as I've uploaded Style and Blank Space to my mp3 player a couple of days ago and have them on repeat since, but am pretending it's not happening

Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Blank Space is pretty dumb until you take it as a tongue-in-cheek stab at how she's allegedly been misrepresented as a voracious man-eater.

There's this weird thing with female LSIs, especially E3s, where they come off extra girly for some reason and it skews their typings considerably.
    Last edited by Galen; 04-01-2015 at 04:19 AM.

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by darya View Post
    I'm super hypocritical as I've uploaded Style and Blank Space to my mp3 player a couple of days ago and have them on repeat since, but am pretending it's not happening
    lol darya, i had blank space on repeat for a while too

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for sharing this one, i really liked it!!

Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would suggest finding a torrent
    you could also just like

buy it

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast