Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Taylor Swift

TIM
    female
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Topkek at the beta ST typings. Must be troll Putin and Tswift both LSI. Also not a single post has demonstrated NE creative, how can she be an EII.

TIM
    Sx/Sp 2w3
    Mentioned
    352 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I absolutely can't stand her. She's a snake. 🐍

ESE, she just looks beta because she's a 3. I mean seriously, where's the intuition? Not a logical type either, so bye beta typings based on stereotypes. 4D Fe and Se and Ej is her.
    ・゚*✧ 𝓘 𝓌𝒾𝓁𝓁 𝓃𝑜𝓉 𝒶𝒸𝒸𝑒𝓅𝓉 𝒶 𝓁𝒾𝒻𝑒 𝓘 𝒹𝑜 𝓃𝑜𝓉 𝒹𝑒𝓈𝑒𝓇𝓋𝑒 ✧*:・゚

Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

She says all she does when she's not doing interviews or shows is stay at home and watch TV. Low Se:

"Pretty much all I do when I'm not doing interviews or shows is watch TV"

"I think I'm sort of a shut-in and just watches TV by myself with my cats all the time"

@1:50

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I would say ESE it is and here's that J shot
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 04-01-2017 at 05:07 AM.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think it's the IEIs that write these "revenge songs" when they feel that they have been wronged in some ways...:

Quote Originally Posted by Cry Me a River - Justin Timberlake
    You don't have to say, what you did
    I already know, I found out from him
    Now there's just no chance
    With you and me
    There'll never be
    Don't it make you sad about it?

You told me you love me
    Why did you leave me all alone
    Now you tell me you need me
    When you call me on the phone
    Girl I refuse
    You must have me confused with some other guy
    The bridges were burned
    Now it's your turn, to cry

Cry me a river

TIM
    SLE-H 8w9 SX
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

she is a clear ___ ! obvious! not __- for sure. cannot understand anyone else's POV. where are they getting this from???

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Has anyone said ESE yet? I agree with @handjob. I don't like her, she does seem like a snake to me. The more I see of her, the more I want to slap her face. So I don't watch her. At all.

Now, I know an ESE woman who resembles Taylor Swift and I don't have the same revulsion toward her, so my feelings might not be entirely socionics-related, or they might be Super-Ego indeed.

http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...rego-relations

Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is definitely not S... she has like no physical awareness:

What would you type these:

TIM
    SLE-H 8w9 SX
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

She definitely has an alpha SF vibe overall. Some kind of roboticness to it, physically looks a bit like some LSE/ESE I've met .. she seems super deadpan and emotionless to me. Especially her eyes/gaze, looks like she's staring at nothing at all, which reminds me of Ni lead too. She has been given too many Illuminati electroshocks to make this easy I think. ESE or IEI.

Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

She kind of looks like Mary J Blige:

Except she's probably a lot nicer than Swift.
    Last edited by Singu; 03-31-2017 at 08:58 PM.

TIM
    SLE-H 8w9 SX
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

^ I cannot even muster the energy to facepalm to that

I sacrificed a goat to Zeus and I liked it
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fe-ESE, or ESE with EIE subtype, strong but less defined as purely -Fe so it's more high-energy. Useable PoLR and HA ("whimsy"), incredibly weak role and dual-seeking (hence the frequent -PoLR typings). Her energy is very Ej-ish and I'm completely with handjob on the "she just looks Beta because she's a 3" part.

Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrd View Post
    Fe-ESE, or ESE with EIE subtype, strong but less defined as purely -Fe so it's more high-energy. Useable PoLR and HA ("whimsy"), incredibly weak role and dual-seeking (hence the frequent -PoLR typings). Her energy is very Ej-ish and I'm completely with handjob on the "she just looks Beta because she's a 3" part.
    Do you really think that a "super busy body" ESE would just sit around at home alone all day, playing with cats? No... She really doesn't have the energy of an EJ imo, she is rather lethargic, awkward and slow.

Strong Fe, where? Some people describe her as outwardly emotionless, I would somewhat agree. But some of her songs are extremely passionate, so her Fe is a lot more contained and controlled. I'd say that's introversion.

ESEs usually have big toothy smiles, while Taylor Swift almost always only has a slight grin.

TIM
    LIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think she is LII-Ti

Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

She's not rational:

Quote Originally Posted by Singularity View Post

@3:40, 19:45

"I try to implement as much spontaneity in my life as I possibly can"

"At this point, I don't know if I want someone else in my life, I don't know if I want a family, all those things are up in the air, and that's more exciting to me. Because I'd really like to let life happen, rather than have some weird plan for it. I think if you have a plan, for like, "I need to be married by this age, and then I need to have kids by this age..." you kind of force your life to take that course. And you might not end up with the right person, you might be making decisions under duress of your own plans, and I'd just want to let my life happen."
    Last edited by Singu; 03-31-2017 at 10:11 PM.

I sacrificed a goat to Zeus and I liked it
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's an Illuminati electroshock and you know it

I mean, the fact that she has to try to implement spontaneity... Irrationals have to try to keep a schedule. Not having plans for the future seems PoLR to me more than anything.

I actually did an attempt at a list of "energy levels" of types for myself yesterday, and EIE and LSE were the top two, with ESE being in the lower half of the extraverted section (and IEE at the bottom). IEI has essentially no energy, and SLI is just barely above them. It was based on well-defined criteria, but still vague. A -Je-dom is not often going to be super hyped up like a +Je-dom, but they still have steady self-sustaining energy, unlike IEIs, who are basically leaves blowing in the wind.

Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh yes, making decisions "under duress" of your own plans is what horrifies rational types... No, that's exactly what rational types are not.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrd View Post
    I actually did an attempt at a list of "energy levels" of types for myself yesterday, and EIE and LSE were the top two, with ESE being in the lower half of the extraverted section (and IEE at the bottom). IEI has essentially no energy, and SLI is just barely above them. It was based on well-defined criteria, but still vague. A -Je-dom is not often going to be super hyped up like a +Je-dom, but they still have steady self-sustaining energy, unlike IEIs, who are basically leaves blowing in the wind.
    Where exactly do you see EJ energy in her? She hardly ever moves:

Do you see a lot of energy in her?:

TIM
    Sx/Sp 2w3
    Mentioned
    352 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is definitely not S... she has like no physical awareness:

What would you type these:

None of that made me doubt ESE. I would see SEI way before IEI. IEI is the dumbest fucking typing for her, she's not intuitive.

Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by handjob View Post
    None of that made me doubt ESE. I would see SEI way before IEI. IEI is the dumbest fucking typing for her, she's not intuitive.
    And why wouldn't she be an intuitive...?

TIM
    Sx/Sp 2w3
    Mentioned
    352 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And why wouldn't she be an intuitive...?
    Lmao she just isn't it's obvious as fuck. And she's ESPECIALLY not INxx. Nothing about her behavior or worldview seems intuitive.

Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lmao she just isn't it's obvious as fuck. And she's ESPECIALLY not INxx. Nothing about her behavior or worldview seems intuitive.
    ...It's not obvious to me. At least I give out my reasons...

These sound Ni:

Quote Originally Posted by Taylor Swift
    I second-guess and overthink and rethink every single thing that I do.

I had the most magical childhood, running free and going anywhere I wanted to in my head.

The drama and the trauma of the relationship you have when you're 16 can mirror the one you have when you're 26. Life repeats itself.

When I'm in management meetings when we're deciding my future, those decisions are left up to me. I'm the one who has to go out and fulfill all these obligations, so I should be able to choose which ones I do or not. That's the part of my life where I feel most in control.

I know my flaws before other people point them out to me.

I'm very aware and very conscious of the path I chose in life, and very aware of the path I didn't choose.

My imagination is a twisted place.

I haven't had that one great love, which is good. I don't want that to be in the past - I want it to be in the future.

When I'm in my 50s, I kind of think I'll want to be in a garden.

When I'm 40 and nobody wants to see me in a sparkly dress anymore, I'll be like: 'Cool, I'll just go in the studio and write songs for kids.'

I try to read as much as I can. I try to read an informative article every day. I try to stay read up on our world issues.

I always wanted to know, and I always used to daydream, about what it would be like to stand on a really big stage and sing songs for a lot of people, songs that I had written... Daydreaming was kind of my No. 1 thing when I was little, because I didn't have much of a social life going on.
    This is not rational:

I don't live by all these rigid, weird rules that make me feel all fenced in. I just like the way that I feel like, and that makes me feel very free.
    This isn't really rational, or EJ, also some Ni:

I don't know if I could do this with the same energy, and in the same way - all the costume changes and glitter and hair and makeup - all the time. When I'm in my 50s, I kind of think I'll want to be in a garden.
    These sound vaguely IEI:

Don't ever call a guy first. The thing they want the most is whatever they can't have. It sounds really juvenile, but it works.

My confidence is easy to shake. I am very well aware of all of my flaws. I am aware of all the insecurities that I have.

When I am talking to people who I feel don't like me or are mean, I get really shy, and I kind of curl up personality wise.

I'm a Sagittarius, and one of our major qualities is that we're blindly optimistic.
    This is not extroversion:

I am alone a lot, which is good. I need that time to just be alone after a long day, just decompress. So, I go to either my house or the hotel, or my apartment, or whatever - wherever I am, I go home and I watch TV and I sit there, with my cat, and I just watch TV or go online, check my emails.

TIM
    Sx/Sp 2w3
    Mentioned
    352 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

...It's not obvious to me. At least I give out my reasons...

These sound Ni:

This is not rational:

This isn't really rational, or EJ, also some Ni:

These sound vaguely IEI:

This is not extroversion:
    Man, you can think what you want but it's still retarded. Taylor fucking Swift a type away from ILI? Lol

Also, I'm sure thesorrowsofwerther member here can relate to plenty of that and she's ESE.

Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Man, you can think what you want but it's still retarded. Taylor fucking Swift a type away from ILI? Lol
    In a way, yes... because with the information that I've provided, she uses Ni. She doubts herself a lot, she daydreams, she thinks about the future, she recognizes patterns from the past and applies to the present, she doesn't want to be constricted. That's also what ILIs do.

And anyway, ILIs and IEIs can be quite different.

Also, I'm sure sorrowsofyoungwerther member here can relate to plenty of that and she's ESE.
    @sorrowsofyoungwerther said Taylor Swift is likely an IEI. Taylor Swift would likely make ESEs uncomfortable...
    Last edited by Singu; 04-01-2017 at 04:27 AM.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Oops turns out she is ESE
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

@handjob I had to find a side shot

IMG_5352.PNG
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 04-01-2017 at 05:42 AM.
    -

Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Starfall View Post
    I highly doubt that an IEI would be able to handle that kind of spotlight and attention like she does without imploding and either going into hiding or having a mental breakdown.

Whatever type she is, it's not the same type as me. IEI's generally prefer to stay in the shadows.
    I don't think that's type-related. I don't think the vast majority of people would like having the fame and magnifying-glass attention that she's getting... but you'll get used to it. Some IEIs may like the spotlight with the Fe and e3 wing.

What she's doing is not that much different than say, Justin Timberlake and he's an IEI.

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Definitely not IEI. ESE sounds plausible actually.

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I don't think its that weird that Swift might say something to the effect of: "I don't hold the universe to my expectations via planning, rather I try to remain open to what it has for me" because 1) that seems like a reasonable position, that, subjectively could have varying degrees of strength for the speaker, depending on what that means to them; here we're tending to interpret it in the harshest possible sense which if anything is likely a projection, and 2) Swift seems acutely aware that she is a product, an image for sale and I'm thinking a lot of her responses are tailored (no pun intended) with that in mind somewhere in the back of her head. In that sense, I could buy Taylor as an intuitive, who by being a pop culture product, varies her output based on both her whims and market forces. But moreso than that, it seems to me to be the perfect formula for creative Fi to adapt itself to both what other people want and what she herself wants, to find that middle ground and drum up literal resonance, etc...

For me she seems like a SEE, and a lot of what we see of her needs to be viewed through the lens of it being a performance, even "candid" youtube videos, etc because SEE never really turns off (I think she does reflexively what intuitives do intentionally when it comes to adapting to perceived wants, in the style of beta intuition), which is how she shes so varied, hard to pin down etc. I feel like SEE ties it all together

Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can see EIE, SEI... but with the information that she provides, she's just not a rational... in a Socionics sense. It doesn't fit into what a rational type is in a Socionics system. I don't think that she's EJ, ESE, what she says is completely different from what Tom Cruise says.

I definitely know some female IEIs that are like Taylor Swift... I think that they're very controlled, somewhat competitive but also very emotional internally and self-revealing, especially about their love lives. It's actually kind of depressing, because they bring so much subjectivity and emotionality into everything, and it's like my God, can you bring so much emotions into everything, I can't handle all that emotion, it's too scary, it messes with my mind. In a similar way, there's just so much drama and emotionality in Taylor Swift's love songs.

But what's most depressing is that despite having everything, despite doing everything "right", they always seem to be so fuckin' depressed. And it's like I have to keep encouraging them, which is fine, but can you not be so sad and depressed about it .

Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@2:25

"My mom has always been very logical, very practical, and I think that's why I've always been that way"

"My mom and I had always been best friends, and that really helped because we really don't fight... We have little disagreements here and there, but most of the time, we get along really really well."

"Taylor and her mom have an incredible bond. I think it's awesome that Taylor has someone around her at all time that she can confide in and get advice from, or just talk to and hang around and be herself with, and she never has to question that."

Her mom is likely an LSI, she's kind of like Hillary Clinton. And from how they get along so well, Taylor is also likely a Beta.

Come on, how is she a J type? Her movements are so fucking smooth, and she's also very subdued:

Her body movements are very awkward, and slow, like she's unsure of herself:

Last edited by Singu; 04-01-2017 at 10:34 AM.

TIM
    Sx/Sp 2w3
    Mentioned
    352 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think that's type-related. I don't think the vast majority of people would like having the fame and magnifying-glass attention that she's getting... but you'll get used to it. Some IEIs may like the spotlight with the Fe and e3 wing.

What she's doing is not that much different than say, Justin Timberlake and he's an IEI.
    Justin Timberlake is not IEI lmfao

Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Justin Timberlake is not IEI lmfao
    I think he's one of the more obvious IEIs. But that's besides the point. The point is, there are going to be IEIs who like fame and attention, and those who don't.

Anyway, these are obviously Beta, and she's using Ni; talking a lot about risks, experimentations and rebelling against the "system", looking into trends and the future:

"(On influences) Artists from the late 80s in my mind were making the most incredible, bold, risky decisions as far as pop music goes... they were really kind of ahead of their time, like Annie Lennox and what Madonna was doing in the late 80s..."

"I think that if you're chasing a trend, by the time that you put that music out the trend is going to be over, and there's going to be sort of a new wave of what's working... And I think I'd much rather be part of a new wave and create something new rather than chase whatever everybody else was doing at the time."

"I try to stick to things that I don't think I will be embarrassed by in 20 years..."

"The sonic inspiration for this album really harkens back to the sounds of late 80's pop. I loved how they were being so experimental... they were taking so many risks. Everybody seemed to be bucking the system. 'We're gonna act how we want, love who we want, say what we want'. I loved the way people were living their lives."

Last edited by Singu; 04-03-2017 at 01:13 PM.

TIM
    SLE-H 8w9 SX
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

@handjob keeps repeating himself without giving any reasons
    @Singularity gives lots of reasons but at least half of them are not very convincing or worthless ...

Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fuck, I didn't mean to like that. Anyway, yes, I'm not saying that all of my reasons are necessarily good. I'm just posting whatever that comes to my mind, which could be wrong.

Anyway, these things are obvious to me:

- She is likely a Beta.
    - Her mother is likely an LSI, and they have a close bond, they say that they rarely fight. This suggests that she is not likely an EXFp.
    - She is most definitely a feeler. Most definitely a 4w3, her mission is to convert all of her experiences, especially her negative experiences into an "art" or a creative outlet.
    - She appears to be an irrational, due to her dislike of too much planning and being bound and constricted by rules, even if they're her own rules.
    - Her energy level seems to be on the IP side. Her body movements are extremely slow and awkward, which points away from being an S type.

From those alone, she seems either IEI or SEI to me. A lot of things are pointing towards Beta, so I would think IEI over SEI.
    Last edited by Singu; 04-03-2017 at 01:31 PM.

TIM
    SLE-H 8w9 SX
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

that's nice dear

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

She's EII, boys and girls

Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by passenger View Post
    She's EII, boys and girls
    Ok, then where is the Fi and Ne? (other than the friendship thing, which is only a ridiculous stereotype) You should be able to point it out. Andy Biersack is an obvious EII despite not being a stereotype of one, because you could relatively easily point out his functions (also does Andy Biersack go around making high-profile friends? No). And why would she get along so well with her LSI mom? Super-ego relations aren't known to be that close.

Her "squad" seems mostly Se-valuing types, and she is Se-PoLR? I don't think so.

EII is plausible, but on a closer inspection... not really. Some people may also be tempted to say something like SEE or IEE, but again, on a closer inspection, not really. They're only fairly superficial typings.
    Last edited by Singu; 04-04-2017 at 06:54 AM.

TIM
    SLE-H 8w9 SX
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

EII is plausible, but on a closer inspection... not really. Some people may also be tempted to say something like SEE or IEE, but again, on a closer inspection, not really. They're only fairly superficial typings.
    I don't think you should talk like this

Until you're a grandmaster

Like me

Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There's just no way in straight hell that you could twist anything to say that this is rational:

At this point, I don't know if I want someone else in my life, I don't know if I want a family, all those things are up in the air, and that's more exciting to me. Because I'd really like to let life happen, rather than have some weird plan for it. I think if you have a plan, for like, "I need to be married by this age, and then I need to have kids by this age..." you kind of force your life to take that course. And you might not end up with the right person, you might be making decisions under duress of your own plans, and I'd just want to let my life happen.
    I don't live by all these rigid, weird rules that make me feel all fenced in. I just like the way that I feel like, and that makes me feel very free.
    Try to fit her into a preconceived type of yours all you want, but that is NOT the definition of a rational type in Socionics. She is clearly an irrational feeler. Also she is not an EXFp, due to her closeness with her LSI mom. THAT to me, is very clear. Anything else is just being dishonest or simply a bad typing.

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

*sigh*

For the purpose of typing, it should be noted that no type is either completely rational or completely irrational. Every type in socionics contains a mixture of rational and irrational functions and, correspondingly, will display a mixture of rational and irrational traits. Thus, not one person fits neatly into one or the other side of this dichotomy, because every types has both rational and irrational functions.

The Rational-Irrational dichotomy also gets affected by type's subtypes. If the irrational function is accentuated in a person's type, then irrational traits will become more prominent, and vice versa for rational functions. This may pose a typing dilemma for creative function subtypes. Types are designated as Rational or Irrational based on their leading function, but a strongly expressed creative function obscures the leading function in this case. Thus creative subtypes may be mistaken for being the opposite of where their leading function actually places them on this dichotomy, e.g. an IEI-Fe may consider him or herself to be a rational type EIE, while an EIE-Ni may consider him or herself to be an irrational IEI. To resolve this dilemma, other type parameters should be taken into account and this dichotomy should not be used alone when deciding on type.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast