Thread: Paranoia Regarding Health

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Paranoia Regarding Health

I've read something like this for Role Si, where a minor headache might be interpreted as the presence of a brain tumor, or something to that effect. This has to do with weakness in reading one's own bodily signals. Still, do you think this similar thing could be applied to weak Si in general? Maybe Si as a hidden agenda, which is described as "to be healthy"?
    IJ temperament
    LII ()
    LII-Ne
    H-LII
    Ni-LII
    iei-LII

Enneagram: 5(w4?)

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't know how it works on a general level, but this is how it works for me: usually, I don't even think about my health - I do try to eat well and I exercise, but I am never concerned about germs, I don't care if I have a small pain somewhere, or a little bit of headache. However, when I do get definitely ill - usually flu or something alike - I can be rather paranoid, thinking it's some serious issue. The availability of internet exacerbates this problem: since I'm stuck at home, I will use the computer a lot, and search for my symptoms, and see that they could potentially be the start of something very serious. After some panic, I realize my own foolishness and wait in bed.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Creepy-bg

I think this is weakly correlated (if at all). I've known Si's who had it... and non Si's who didn't. *shrug*

from toronto with love ScarlettLux's Avatar
    TIM
    Beta sx 3w4;7w8
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm Si role and I'm DEFINITELY paranoid about my health -- to a sick extent, no pun intended! I'm actually a hypochondriac to be quite honest, and have freaked out about countless small illnesses/symptoms in my life.

Dress pretty, play dirty ღ
    Johari
    Nohari

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wasn't absolutely certain if it was heavily correlated, but I know that I have weak Si and can sometimes worry about little "irregularities". I had a pain underneath my belly button that lasted for a little while, and then looked up symptoms for Appendicitis, thinking that it might just be it. What I end up doing, though, is trying disprove that I have the illness to myself.

When I read that part of the description for Role Si in an INTp, I definitely empathized with it, but I was also wondering if a similar thing could apply to people with weak Si in general, or if it's even necessarily related at all.

I wouldn't say its always a conscious thing for me, but it comes up every once and a while.
    IJ temperament
    LII ()
    LII-Ne
    H-LII
    Ni-LII
    iei-LII

Enneagram: 5(w4?)

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know that ESTJ's are notorious of complaining and being paranoia about their health.

It's even described in some kind of subtype description if I remember correctly. They often suffer from Hypochondria.

But they have Si as 2nd function.