Thread: for some reason

TIM
    SEE-Se
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default for some reason

No matter where I go, people mistake me for an employee. They approach me and ask me if I work there, where they can find things, or other similar questions. I answer them if I know the answer, otherwise I usually just try to send them in the right direction. They usually get apologize, saying, "Oh I'm sorry, I thought you worked here." Every once in a while they add, "You just look like you know what you're doing." (I look like what? lol)

Anyways, I usually wear Khaki pants, so I think this is part of the reason for the confusion. Most of the time I wear either a button down or polo shirt, but a lot of times it's not something that looks anything like the uniform of the place I'm at when people ask me if I work there.
    SEE-Se, 852 sx/so

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

TIM
    IEE-Ne cp 6w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's because of your wardrobe. Khakis and a polo or button-down looks like a uniform of some kind. People probably aren't thinking too hard about the particular uniform of the place they are at, they are thinking about their question. Wear jeans and a T-shirt or sweats or pajama pants and no one will mistake you for an employee.
    Stan is not my real name.

TIM
    SEE-Se
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I do get it once in a while in jeans, but not nearly as often.
    SEE-Se, 852 sx/so

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Are these guys?
    ISTp
    SLI

Enneagram 5 with a side of wings.

TIM
    SEE-Se
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cyrano View Post
    Are these guys?
    Actually, now that you mention it, it's usually women. Today it was a little boy one time and a woman the next (it happened twice in the ten minutes I was at Office Depot).
    SEE-Se, 852 sx/so

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

this has happened to me before also. Usually it's when I'm not carrying a purse (which is rare anymore but I used to go without one more often).
    IEI-Fe 4w3