* Arlene Fowler: EIE
    * Bill Compton: SLI
    * Daphne: Fe ego, probably
    * Eggs Benedict Talley: IP > EP, maybe SLI
    * Eric Northman: LSI? LII?
    * Hoyt Fortenberry: ethical > some lonely Te ego
    * Jason Stackhouse: SLE
    * Jessica Hamby: SEE?
    * Lafayette Reynolds: Beta/Gamma extrovert (pretty curious about his type, actually)
    * Lorena: oh god... something aweful
    * Mary Ann Forrester: probably EIE, though the actress may be LSI?
    * Sam Merlotte: IEE most likely
    * Sarah Newlin: definitely Fe ego, ESE?
    * Sheriff Bud Dearborne: EII maybe
    * Sookie Stackhouse: hands down the best fictional representation of an SEE I know of
    * Steve Newlin: ILE?
    * Tara Thornton: quite curious about her type as well
    * Terry Bellefleur: awwwwwwww (don't know about type)
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh yeah, and that psycho girl that Jason was with was IEI.
    SEE

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joy View Post
    Oh yeah, and that psycho girl that Jason was with was IEI.
    lol she was as IEI as they come.

For some reason this is one show where I'm having serious problems typing most characters. Sookie and Bill especially, they seem to have some kind of duality or semi-duality and might be deltas. The quadra I have most difficulty identifying is definitely delta. Thanks for posting those links, I was about to start giving the characters labels and provide the excuse that I don't remember their names.

Andy Bellefleur: LSE

Arlene Fowler: ESE? - gossipy, si-conscious and fun-loving but poor at judging character. Seems like the stereotypical woman.

Bill: I've been beginning to think he might be EII... SLI is interesting though

Daphne: SEI?

Eggs Bendedict: No idea

Eric: SLE-Ti

Hoyt: EII? Really have no clue

Jessica: SEE is very plausible

Jason Stackhouse: SEE-Se (pretty sure of this, he doesn't really have any control scheming going on -as an SLE would)

Laffayette: SEE

Lorena: ???

Mary Anne: EIE - more charasmatically manipulative than ****** lol

Sam: ???Delta I think

Sarah: ?ESE sounds right

Sheriff Bud Dearborne: ?

Sookie Stackhouse: Never thought of her as SEE before but maybe. I was always thinking she seemed Delta or Alpha in some way, something to do with valuing Si

Steve Newlin: ???

Tara: SLE (most of her problems come from tha lack of good Ni she receives from others. She also seems to cause arguments often that only a lot of Ni and Fe combined could parry. Hence Mary Anne's sway over her)

Terry: ESI? Not sure.
    INFp-Ni

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by misutii View Post
    lol she was as IEI as they come.
    I thought so, too.

For some reason this is one show where I'm having serious problems typing most characters. Sookie and Bill especially, they seem to have some kind of duality or semi-duality and might be deltas. The quadra I have most difficulty identifying is definitely delta. Thanks for posting those links, I was about to start giving the characters labels and provide the excuse that I don't remember their names.
    I've had trouble with the types of some of the characters, but Sookie and Bill's really stand out to me. They're actually pretty good examples of their types, especially Sookie. (Bill's a bit more Se and a bit less laid back than most SLI's.)

Andy Bellefleur: LSE
    I have no argument against this. I can see Te, actually. And a lack of Ni. EJ makes sense.

lol, poor guy

Arlene Fowler: ESE? - gossipy, si-conscious and fun-loving but poor at judging character. Seems like the stereotypical woman.
    ESE's a good choice, too. Definitely Fe dominant though.

Bill: I've been beginning to think he might be EII... SLI is interesting though
    There's no way he's got a Se PoLR.

Daphne: SEI?
    Don't see why not.

What a charismatic character though, huh? How would you feel about IEI for him?

The actor is definitely not Se dominant. Don't know about the character though. He could be like... an LII playing an LSI or something?

Hoyt: EII? Really have no clue
    Me either. I want to know though. He's actually sort of similar to Terry. Sweet in the same kind of way. It seems Fi-ish to me? Maybe they're Delta NF's??? IEE for Hoyt???

Jessica: SEE is very plausible
    Yeah. And I think if she's not Gamma, she's Beta.

Jason Stackhouse: SEE-Se (pretty sure of this, he doesn't really have any control scheming going on -as an SLE would)
    Nooooooooooooooo not SEE. He may not be SLE, but he's certainly not SEE. (Especially considering his relationship with Sookie.)

He's definitely Alpha or Beta, more likely Beta. And he's got strong Se.

Oh! I've got it. He's LSI, dumbass subtype. (I've known one of those...) The ease with which he can be talked into extremely foolish ideas, etc.

He's definitely a Beta or Gamma extrovert. I'm thinking his Ni is stronger than his Se though. What do you think about EIE for him?

Lorena: ???
    *shudders*

What a horrible, horrible character.

Mary Anne: EIE - more charasmatically manipulative than ****** lol
    Yeah.

He doesn't seem ST.

Maybe. She's something a bit too... coniving... about her though. (Unlike Jason, she's not nearly as stupid as she likes to portray herself.)

Definitely intuitive. Seems ethical and introverted.

Sookie Stackhouse: Never thought of her as SEE before but maybe. I was always thinking she seemed Delta or Alpha in some way, something to do with valuing Si
    Why?

Definitely ethical, definitely has weak Ni, EP temperament totally fits.

She's pretty much a caricature of a close friend of mine who was SEE.

Defitely Fe/Ti, in any case.

Tara: SLE (most of her problems come from tha lack of good Ni she receives from others. She also seems to cause arguments often that only a lot of Ni and Fe combined could parry. Hence Mary Anne's sway over her)
    Makes sense.

Terry: ESI? Not sure.
    Awwwwwwwww...

lol, I have no idea. He's so sweet though. I'm always rooting for him for he says/does stuff.

All in all I think the show is slanted toward Gamma quadra values. They make other information elements look foolish.
    Last edited by Joy; 08-10-2009 at 11:34 PM.
    SEE

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've thought on it more and decided that SLE makes sense for Tara, IEI for Eggs, and LSI for Jason.
    SEE

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And that Terry is probably IJ.

Look-a-likes makes sense for that psycho IEI and Daphne.
    SEE

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In my opinion was true blood one of the better rambo movies.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry if this post is confusing, I don't seem capable of getting the multi-quote option to work lol

What do you think about Godderick? He's like a Vampiric Jesus. I was thinking EIE, hence also his relations with Eric (whether Eric be LSI or SLE)

There's no way he's got a Se PoLR.
    Regarding Bill - I don't know. This ancedote's likely useless but I have an EII friend and at first I would never think that she'd have an Se-PoLR. While upon meeting her she's gentle, studious and kind to the utmost, but if someone ever threatens her or someone she cares about she'd fight tooth and nail.

Also Se-PoLR in vampires could manifest itself in an interesting manner (aversion to feasting on humans). But that being said I can also see him as an SLI still. As the series goes on keep me posted on any observations you have on his type because thinking of this is hurting my brain.

I don't think IEI. He seems like a very down to earth guy. Also when he gets emotional it seems like it's difficult for him to deal with it, he has to get Tara (an SLE to console him). I'm thinking LSI maybe pending on more info.

The actor is definitely not Se dominant. Don't know about the character though. He could be like... an LII playing an LSI or something?
    I have no idea what the actor is. The character though I could see both LSI or SLE still. He was a heroic viking warrior.

Me either. I want to know though. He's actually sort of similar to Terry. Sweet in the same kind of way. It seems Fi-ish to me? Maybe they're Delta NF's??? IEE for Hoyt???
    your dual/semi-dual sounds like a good fit

Yeah. And I think if she's not Gamma, she's Beta.
    Jessica - SLE I think would be the best option then. The Delta/Beta divide could explain why Bill's treatment/relations towards her seem harsh to Sookie.

Nooooooooooooooo not SEE. He may not be SLE, but he's certainly not SEE. (Especially considering his relationship with Sookie.)

He's definitely Alpha or Beta, more likely Beta. And he's got strong Se.

Oh! I've got it. He's LSI, dumbass subtype. (I've known one of those...) The ease with which he can be talked into extremely foolish ideas, etc.
    lol no he can't be LSI. LSIs don't change their minds about things so easily and are very consistent in their actions once their mind is made up. My dad is LSI and he still does my taxes (I'm 24). I would never trust Jason Stackhouse to do my taxes. And for what it's worth I would also never trust an SEE to do my taxes

Also do you remember that vampire that Jason and the IEI chick took captive in season 1? I think that vampire was ILI, which is partly to explain why Jason was so scarred when IEI chick (god we need to find her name she was awesome) went medieval on his keister. Jason's not a bright SEE, but the reason his beliefs seem so easily manipulated has to do with characters using Ni (which he really needs) to manipulate him for their own ends. It was the Ni in the IEI chick that always got him (whenever she'd say something smart). Now imagine what a good ol' ILI chick could do

He's definitely a Beta or Gamma extrovert. I'm thinking his Ni is stronger than his Se though. What do you think about EIE for him?
    I don't think EIE because he's not group oriented. SEE fits well because he's charming, upbeat, energetic, and talks like a playa. Others characters have been noticing that he hasn't been his old self since the incident, that he's lost his pizazz or what have you. Been acting like a depressed SEE. His Ni-moments seem mostly drug-induced.

He doesn't seem ST.
    Not even SLI? He has business skills and handles responsibility (the bar) well it seems. Maybe even LIE I'm still not sure I would trust your view on this more than mine

Maybe. She's something a bit too... coniving... about her though. (Unlike Jason, she's not nearly as stupid as she likes to portray herself.)
    Intelligent ESEs can be quite conniving but I see what you mean. EIE may work as well, though I wouldn't rule out SEI

Definitely intuitive. Seems ethical and introverted.
    Well EII would be the best option then, I've never met an IEI that would make a good Sheriff.

Definitely ethical, definitely has weak Ni, EP temperament totally fits.

She's pretty much a caricature of a close friend of mine who was SEE.
    Why?
    I agree wholeheartedly with the EP part of it. But would keep IEE alongside SEE as a possibility

Defitely Fe/Ti, in any case.
    After the last episode I can see where you're coming from with ILE for him and I can't think of a better option.
    [quote=Joy;551368]

Terry:
    Awwwwwwwww...

lol, I have no idea. He's so sweet though. I'm always rooting for him for he says/does stuff.
    He seems like an ESI that has low confidence (in regards to himself, definitely not in regards to defending others)

All in all I think the show is slanted toward Gamma quadra values. They make other information elements look foolish.
    I think it's more Delta, or atleast on the Delta/Gamma boundary. Regardless this show is awesome, ever since Battlestar Galactica ended this is the only tv series I watch on my own volition.

Less than 24 hours until next episode!!!
    INFp-Ni

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry if this post is confusing, I don't seem capable of getting the multi-quote option to work lol

What do you think about Godderick? He's like a Vampiric Jesus. I was thinking EIE, hence also his relations with Eric (whether Eric be LSI or SLE)
    Too soon to tell. I was thinking he's an E9 though. I don't think we shoudl use Eric's feelings of admiration for him to type him because they don't really interact all that much.

Regarding Bill - I don't know. This ancedote's likely useless but I have an EII friend and at first I would never think that she'd have an Se-PoLR. While upon meeting her she's gentle, studious and kind to the utmost, but if someone ever threatens her or someone she cares about she'd fight tooth and nail.

Also Se-PoLR in vampires could manifest itself in an interesting manner (aversion to feasting on humans). But that being said I can also see him as an SLI still. As the series goes on keep me posted on any observations you have on his type because thinking of this is hurting my brain.
    Fe PoLR makes more sense than Se PoLR to me. Regardless of anyone's ability to go into fight mode when there's a need for defense, Bill has strong Se.

I don't think IEI. He seems like a very down to earth guy. Also when he gets emotional it seems like it's difficult for him to deal with it, he has to get Tara (an SLE to console him). I'm thinking LSI maybe pending on more info.
    Peter's made a good case for ESI (one that's freaking out) for Tara.

Maybe Eggs is SLI? He's definitely an introvert, in any case.

I have no idea what the actor is. The character though I could see both LSI or SLE still. He was a heroic viking warrior.
    Yeah.

your dual/semi-dual sounds like a good fit
    Not sure I'd want to date that guy though, lol. Plus... He seems to respond well to Jessica, and vice versa.

Jessica - SLE I think would be the best option then. The Delta/Beta divide could explain why Bill's treatment/relations towards her seem harsh to Sookie.
    Eh, I think she's just immature and he just feels bad about making her a vampire (not to mention being a vampire).

Also, I think Bill's treatment of everyone seems to harsh to Sookie.

lol no he can't be LSI. LSIs don't change their minds about things so easily and are very consistent in their actions once their mind is made up. My dad is LSI and he still does my taxes (I'm 24). I would never trust Jason Stackhouse to do my taxes. And for what it's worth I would also never trust an SEE to do my taxes
    I have known an LSI that I wouldn't let near my taxes. And I would have totally let my best friend from highschool (SEE) do my taxes.

Jason may not be LSI, but I'm very confident that he's not Gamma. Peter suggested the possibility of IEI... I don't think he'd have the way he did to his IEI gf if that was the case though. I do tend to see him as a sensory type, and I'd be shocked it he wasn't Fe/Ti. If I knew him irl, I don't see him as someone who would respond well to Te. He certain does respond well to Fe though (from both the psycho IEI and Sarah Newland).

Also do you remember that vampire that Jason and the IEI chick took captive in season 1? I think that vampire was ILI, which is partly to explain why Jason was so scarred when IEI chick (god we need to find her name she was awesome) went medieval on his keister.
    Who wouldn't have been scared by that?

Jason's not a bright SEE
    Yes, he's a HUGE idiot no matter what type he is. There is no type that is by nature as much of an idiot as he is.

but the reason his beliefs seem so easily manipulated has to do with characters using Ni (which he really needs) to manipulate him for their own ends. It was the Ni in the IEI chick that always got him (whenever she'd say something smart).
    He's certainly weak against Ni reasoning. Fe too though. I think you're right about Sarah Newland being ESE.

Now imagine what a good ol' ILI chick could do
    I can't see him responding nearly as well to an ILI. He did respond quite well to that EIE waitress that got killed though. That scene where she left him tied up and he pretended to be a vampire... very Beta, all in all.

Actually, he's always looking for ethical advice, now that I think about. From Sarah, from Renee, etc.

I dunno, he may be an atypical dumbass, but the more I think I about it, the better LSI seems to work. He's just a little... well, intellectually challenged.

I don't think EIE because he's not group oriented. SEE fits well because he's charming, upbeat, energetic, and talks like a playa. Others characters have been noticing that he hasn't been his old self since the incident, that he's lost his pizazz or what have you. Been acting like a depressed SEE.
    True.

His Ni-moments seem mostly drug-induced.
    What's a Ni moment?

I'm talking about how he's wise about cause and effect relationships (and very few characters on that show are).

Maybe he's LIE? His outrageous fashion sense (as opposed to the more cowardly, traditional approach that LIE's usually take) doesn't fit though, nor do I see Fi seeking.

Not even SLI? He has business skills and handles responsibility (the bar) well it seems.
    Nah, I don't see Si at all. And any type can run a business.

Maybe even LIE I'm still not sure I would trust your view on this more than mine
    No. He's too confident about the way he feels, and he's missing something.

The more I think about it, the more I think he's IEE. Everything fits. Peter was suggesting ILE, but I see the Fi and Delta values.

Intelligent ESEs can be quite conniving but I see what you mean. EIE may work as well, though I wouldn't rule out SEI
    I'm with you. Right now I think she's Alpha SF.

Well EII would be the best option then, I've never met an IEI that would make a good Sheriff.
    He, Fi + Se PoLR makes sense for him.

I agree wholeheartedly with the EP part of it. But would keep IEE alongside SEE as a possibility
    I don't see where the Si/Ne > Se/Ni is going from? Like I said, she's a pretty damn good representation of an SEE to me. Good enough to be considered a benchmark.

After the last episode I can see where you're coming from with ILE for him and I can't think of a better option.
    I can't think of any other good options for him. Logical, extroverted, not SLE, not LSE, not LIE.

He seems like an ESI that has low confidence (in regards to himself, definitely not in regards to defending others)
    Awwwwwwwwwww.

He's so awesome, lol.

I think it's more Delta, or atleast on the Delta/Gamma boundary.
    I think you're right.

Regardless this show is awesome, ever since Battlestar Galactica ended this is the only tv series I watch on my own volition.

Less than 24 hours until next episode!!!
    I won't get to see it until tomorrow night because we download it. I'm excited too though.
    Last edited by Joy; 08-16-2009 at 04:44 PM.
    SEE

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Too soon to tell. I was thinking he's an E9 though. I don't think we shoudl use Eric's feelings of admiration for him to type him because they don't really interact all that much.

Fe PoLR makes more sense than Se PoLR to me. Regardless of anyone's ability to go into fight mode when there's a need for defense, Bill has strong Se.
    After last episode I'm pretty sure Godderick is Beta NF and Eric is Beta ST. The strong language and camaraderie between them was very beta.

As for Bill I'm still puzzled but I'll clearly admit that your explanations here make more sense than mine.

Peter's made a good case for ESI (one that's freaking out) for Tara.

Maybe Eggs is SLI? He's definitely an introvert, in any case.
    Tara I still think is clearly SLE. Her lack of confidence towards her relations with others has to do with Fi PoLR.

Eggs though is very possibly SLI. I'd never given that a second thought before now but I can easily see where you're coming from with that... I think ...I can't really put it into words but he seems to have a "chill", "lax" sort of way about him that's familiar amongst Si introverts.

Jason may not be LSI, but I'm very confident that he's not Gamma. Peter suggested the possibility of IEI... I don't think he'd have the way he did to his IEI gf if that was the case though. I do tend to see him as a sensory type, and I'd be shocked it he wasn't Fe/Ti. If I knew him irl, I don't see him as someone who would respond well to Te. He certain does respond well to Fe though (from both the psycho IEI and Sarah Newland).
    I don't agree with Fe ego for Jason. SEE still fits him best in my opinion...
    -he's definitely outward focused, always seeking out other people, interested in other people's ideas, very extroverted.
    -He's action-oriented, which is both his biggest strength and weakness. This points towards Se-ego. When he doesn't think about what he's going to do and ends up doing something stupid well that reminds me of Ni-dual seeking.
    -His relations with others tend to occur on a person by person basis. That is some people love him and some people hate him but it tends to be because of his personal interaction with him. Furthermore whenever anyone talks bad about Sookie he snaps at them and defends Sookie. This all points me towards Fi-ego. In particular, if you watched the last episode, the conversation between Sookie and Jason in the bedroom was loaded with Fi on both sides.

Who wouldn't have been scared by that?
    He wasn't just scared though, he actually felt compassion and sympathy for the vampire

Yes, he's a HUGE idiot no matter what type he is. There is no type that is by nature as much of an idiot as he is.

He's certainly weak against Ni reasoning. Fe too though. I think you're right about Sarah Newland being ESE.

I can't see him responding nearly as well to an ILI. He did respond quite well to that EIE waitress that got killed though. That scene where she left him tied up and he pretended to be a vampire... very Beta, all in all.

Actually, he's always looking for ethical advice, now that I think about. From Sarah, from Renee, etc.

I dunno, he may be an atypical dumbass, but the more I think I about it, the better LSI seems to work. He's just a little... well, intellectually challenged.
    I think it's unreasonable to categorize LSIs and Jason as idiots, and then link them together because they share a supposed idiocy in common. If you think Jason's an utter idiot then in typing him you'd be better off thinking of what an idiot representative of each type would be like (and every type, we should agree, has its idiots). An LSI idiot would be relatively quiet and less center-stage than Jason. Also they would inspire much less comedy in their problems. Also LSIs are much more socially reserved than Jason. SEE-Se subtype fits well (by this subtype I mean that his use of Se (more than Fi) makes him an SEE that could more easily be confused with an SLE than an IEE.

What's a Ni moment?

I'm talking about how he's wise about cause and effect relationships (and very few characters on that show are).

Maybe he's LIE? His outrageous fashion sense (as opposed to the more cowardly, traditional approach that LIE's usually take) doesn't fit though, nor do I see Fi seeking.
    I think Laffayette's fashion sense is more-so related to his sexual orientation. Can you give any examples of his wisdom towards cause and effect relationships? Is there anything specific that completely contradicts SEE for him?

Nah, I don't see Si at all. And any type can run a business.

No. He's too confident about the way he feels, and he's missing something.

The more I think about it, the more I think he's IEE. Everything fits. Peter was suggesting ILE, but I see the Fi and Delta values.
    This makes sense.

I don't see where the Si/Ne > Se/Ni is going from? Like I said, she's a pretty damn good representation of an SEE to me. Good enough to be considered a benchmark.
    I think I'm maybe being put off by her telepathic ability, which some may admit makes her seem perhaps more intuitive than she naturally is. SEE-Fi works.

I won't get to see it until tomorrow night because we download it. I'm excited too though.
    See it yet? Awesome episode!
    INFp-Ni

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SPOILER WARNING

After last episode I'm pretty sure Godderick is Beta NF and Eric is Beta ST. The strong language and camaraderie between them was very beta.
    I think I'm sort of hung up on the types of the actors. The guy who plays Godderick feels like a Si dominant to me, and the character seems like an E9 who's probably ethical.

The guy who plays Eric feels like he has a Se PoLR. The character seems like he has a Fi role.

However, if you want to claim that looney pair in the name of Beta, I won't put up much of a fight. On one hand, I can see them as Alphas who have a Beta twist due to their being vampires. A more Beta vampire would be Stan (EP, too). A more Gamma vampire might be Isabel. A more Delta vampire would be Bill. (And I'm still curious about horrible vampire's type. :-S)

One the other hand, I could concede for now that they're poorly cast Betas.

As for Bill I'm still puzzled but I'll clearly admit that your explanations here make more sense than mine.
    I think it's puzzling because he does has a bit of an IJ feel to him. I think his Socionics type is skewed by his being a vampire. The Fe PoLR sticks out more than anything though.

Tara I still think is clearly SLE. Her lack of confidence towards her relations with others has to do with Fi PoLR.
    I could see EP, too.

Eggs though is very possibly SLI. I'd never given that a second thought before now but I can easily see where you're coming from with that... I think ...I can't really put it into words but he seems to have a "chill", "lax" sort of way about him that's familiar amongst Si introverts.
    Maybe we just don't have enough information to type him.

I don't agree with Fe ego for Jason. SEE still fits him best in my opinion...
    -he's definitely outward focused, always seeking out other people, interested in other people's ideas, very extroverted.
    -He's action-oriented, which is both his biggest strength and weakness. This points towards Se-ego. When he doesn't think about what he's going to do and ends up doing something stupid well that reminds me of Ni-dual seeking.
    -His relations with others tend to occur on a person by person basis. That is some people love him and some people hate him but it tends to be because of his personal interaction with him. Furthermore whenever anyone talks bad about Sookie he snaps at them and defends Sookie. This all points me towards Fi-ego. In particular, if you watched the last episode, the conversation between Sookie and Jason in the bedroom was loaded with Fi on both sides.
    A Fi ego type would not have wondered if he was evil, would not have thought that maybe he did kill his girlfriend (and those others), would not have gone along with the psycho IEI when she kidnapped the vampire, would not have ever been confused enough to join the Fellowship of the Sun the way he did.

As for that last scene with Sookie... yes, Fi. That doesn't make him Fi ego.

He wasn't just scared though, he actually felt compassion and sympathy for the vampire.
    What non-evil/psycho person wouldn't?

I think it's unreasonable to categorize LSIs and Jason as idiots, and then link them together because they share a supposed idiocy in common.
    I never intended to imply that all (or even most) LSI's are idiots. Idiocy is not type related. The particular WAY a person behaves like an idiot, however, can be.

If you think Jason's an utter idiot then in typing him you'd be better off thinking of what an idiot representative of each type would be like (and every type, we should agree, has its idiots).
    That's precisely what I'm doing. Sookie would be a much better example of a fool of an SEE. (Most of them certainly are not as foolhardy as she is.)

An LSI idiot would be relatively quiet and less center-stage than Jason. Also they would inspire much less comedy in their problems.
    Maybe an irl LSI. This is fiction, however.

Also LSIs are much more socially reserved than Jason.
    One of the reasons that SLE was my original typing. The scene where he flips out on Hoyt for calling him "J" ("Did you play football with me?") was about as Beta as anything I've seen in that show. Imagine what that fool was like when he was the star of the football team? LOL

(btw, this type of representation of Beta is one of the reasons I said the show has a Fe/Ti slant to it.)

SEE-Se subtype fits well (by this subtype I mean that his use of Se (more than Fi) makes him an SEE that could more easily be confused with an SLE than an IEE.
    I'm 100% confident that he is not a Fi ego type... however, I don't expect you to take my word for it. We may have to agree to disagree on his type.

I think Laffayette's fashion sense is more-so related to his sexual orientation.
    I'm sure there are male LIE's who are gay. I seriously doubt they dress like he does.

Can you give any examples of his wisdom towards cause and effect relationships? Is there anything specific that completely contradicts SEE for him?
    He's consistently been the only character in the show with a good concept of the consequences of his (or other people's actions). He's usually the only one with any sense at all, really. Everyone else is running around doing all this stupid shit, and he's the one telling that that it's a bad idea. He's also far less impulsive than the other characters. The only other characters that seem to have any concept at all of consequences are Sam and Bill, but both of them still consistently do things that someone with a focus on Ni would not have done. Sam is more focused on the potential dangers in a situation, not on what's most likely going to happen. (I like to think Ne is in large part about possibilities and Ni is in large part about probabilities) Bill's insight is more specific to understanding his race than it is to any type of strong Ni. And he consistently does rash things, too.

However, after the last episode, I'm seriously considering SEE. He'd just be an example of one that's not an idiot (in fact, even less of an "idiot" than your typical irl SEE).

I think a mature LIE would have realized that you can take the person out of the abusive relationship, but you can't take the abusive relationship out of the person. People can only do that for themselves. Getting a person out of a dangerous situation is one thing, but he seemed to think that simply removing her would fix the problem when (if she truly was in an abusive relationship) she would have just wound up going back to him (or a similarly abusive person) if the problem inside her wasn't fixed. And bringing her mom?! Wtf did he think he was going to accomplish by doing that?!?!?

I'm not sure what I would have done in that situation. When my sister was in abusive relationships in the past, however, I would encourage her to see that she shouldn't be there on her own, not try to confront her about it in front of her partner and start kicking people's asses, lol.

I think I'm maybe being put off by her telepathic ability, which some may admit makes her seem perhaps more intuitive than she naturally is. SEE-Fi works.
    Yeah, her ability does make her seem more intuitive. Her responses to the information she gets seem to lack intuition though.

See it yet? Awesome episode!
    "Godric is your maker isn't he?"
    "Don't use words you don't understand "
    "You have alot of love for him"
    "Don't use words I don't understand."
    SEE

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think I'm sort of hung up on the types of the actors. The guy who plays Godderick feels like a Si dominant to me, and the character seems like an E9 who's probably ethical.

The guy who plays Eric feels like he has a Se PoLR. The character seems like he has a Fi role.

However, if you want to claim that looney pair in the name of Beta, I won't put up much of a fight. On one hand, I can see them as Alphas who have a Beta twist due to their being vampires. A more Beta vampire would be Stan (EP, too). A more Gamma vampire might be Isabel. A more Delta vampire would be Bill. (And I'm still curious about horrible vampire's type. :-S)
    Yeah I have to force myself to see the characters as the writer/director wants them to be seen rather than seeing the actors. The actor that plays Godderick seems ESE possibly. But the character was brimming with Fe (social group control) and Ni (spirituality/prophecy)

A Fi ego type would not have wondered if he was evil, would not have thought that maybe he did kill his girlfriend (and those others), would not have gone along with the psycho IEI when she kidnapped the vampire, would not have ever been confused enough to join the Fellowship of the Sun the way he did.
    I think that his circumstance was paramount in all these cases. Particularly in regards to joining the Fellowship. He was psychologically vulnerable to the extreme. A complete wreck. The guilt and doubt in regards to the murders is not a big stretch for a Gamma Fi base when the character in question is abusing drugs (V), being haunted by Vampires, and could very well be suffering some kind of schizophrenic psychological disorder.

As for psycho IEI and kidnapping/killing the vampire... Jason and her, particularly her, were fiending V-addicts at the time. Why was what they did to the vampire so evil in light of what others have been doing during the show? I found it kind of ironic, they were using Vampires in a similar manner to how Vampires use people. Every Vampire on the show has seemed to have committed crimes on level if not worse throughout their lives (even Bill - i.e. I don't see how Bill following Lorena's lead in killing humans was any less evil than Jason following IEI chick's lead killing vampire).

He's consistently been the only character in the show with a good concept of the consequences of his (or other people's actions). He's usually the only one with any sense at all, really. Everyone else is running around doing all this stupid shit, and he's the one telling that that it's a bad idea. He's also far less impulsive than the other characters. The only other characters that seem to have any concept at all of consequences are Sam and Bill, but both of them still consistently do things that someone with a focus on Ni would not have done. Sam is more focused on the potential dangers in a situation, not on what's most likely going to happen. (I like to think Ne is in large part about possibilities and Ni is in large part about probabilities) Bill's insight is more specific to understanding his race than it is to any type of strong Ni. And he consistently does rash things, too.

However, after the last episode, I'm seriously considering SEE. He'd just be an example of one that's not an idiot (in fact, even less of an "idiot" than your typical irl SEE).

I think a mature LIE would have realized that you can take the person out of the abusive relationship, but you can't take the abusive relationship out of the person. People can only do that for themselves. Getting a person out of a dangerous situation is one thing, but he seemed to think that simply removing her would fix the problem when (if she truly was in an abusive relationship) she would have just wound up going back to him (or a similarly abusive person) if the problem inside her wasn't fixed. And bringing her mom?! Wtf did he think he was going to accomplish by doing that?!?!?

I'm not sure what I would have done in that situation. When my sister was in abusive relationships in the past, however, I would encourage her to see that she shouldn't be there on her own, not try to confront her about it in front of her partner and start kicking people's asses, lol.
    I don't know what to say other than well said

Yeah, her ability does make her seem more intuitive. Her responses to the information she gets seem to lack intuition though.
    haha so true. Remember the telepath boy she met in the hotel and was trying to make friends with? I think he might of been IEI... lol

"Godric is your maker isn't he?"
    "Don't use words you don't understand "
    "You have alot of love for him"
    "Don't use words I don't understand."
    Classic!
    INFp-Ni

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

this show is my latest obsession. more specifically, eric northman lol

Sookie Stackhouse - ESI
    Bill Compton - LSI
    Sam Merlotte - SLI
    Jason Stackhouse - SLE
    Tara Thornton - ESI (maybe SEE)
    Lafayette Reynolds - IEI
    Eric Northman - SLI ??? (i'm biased towards him being in my quadra, heh)
    Jessica Hamby - IEE
    Pam Ravenscroft - ???
    Tommy Mickens - ???
    Alcide Herveaux - ???
    Arlene Fowler - ESE
    Terry Bellefleur - SEI
    Andy Bellefleur - LSE
    Hoyt Fortenberry - EII

i'm quite open to change my opinion about most of these. overall, i think the show has a gamma>beta vibe.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

BUMP

Season 4 is close upon us and wanted to get some more opinions...for some reason I'm finding it hard to type these characters.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by laghlagh View Post
    Eric Northman - SLI ??? (i'm biased towards him being in my quadra, heh)
    You're biased towards an SLE-Ti, I think

He's too territorial and power hungry for SLI, if anything. Not just with Sookie, but his schemes with the Queen too (I haven't watched the show beyond the parts when the Queen first came in btw.. maybe Eric has changed).

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

yeah i could see an argument for beta ST. but he'll always be eric

that was one of my first posts and i'm still pretty comfortable with those typings (except for his, which i renounce credibility for).

so excited for season 4 ahhhhh
    Last edited by ashlesha; 05-10-2011 at 08:48 PM.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well then I want to be IEI. Something doesn't seem right when it comes to SLE for Eric if you compare him to Jason and Sookie who are Se's...just seems off. I just don't see him being Se dominant at all.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

i remember thinking i could defend SLI if it came to it, but i'll need to rewatch some episodes to remember why. the comparison to jason is def a good point.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jessica129 View Post
    Well then I want to be IEI. Something doesn't seem right when it comes to SLE for Eric if you compare him to Jason and Sookie who are Se's...just seems off. I just don't see him being Se dominant at all.
    Jason and Sookie seem Fi to me.

I could be off, but he reminds me [not exactly] of some real people often typed SLE-Ti. Maybe Henry Rollins. Or Mike Vallely. Both are kind of chill in an ISTP way, but they're not Si.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

i agree about sookie, i think she's ESI, but i remember being pretty confident about jason being SLE. now i'll have to go back and watch again so i can come back to this thread, look what you're making me do!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by laghlagh View Post
    i agree about sookie, i think she's ESI, but i remember being pretty confident about jason being SLE. now i'll have to go back and watch again so i can come back to this thread, look what you're making me do!
    Jason's a big puppy dog...even more than real SEEs (although I think that's close to his type).

Probably my favorite character here actually.

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jason is just (I hate using this word) adorable. I hardly ever feel that way about SLE's. SEE was always something that I was pretty confident about when it came to him. Lafayette and Jessica are probably my favorite characters. Come to think of it, I love all of them except for Bill. This show is like crack...I dare say better than Dexter *gasp*

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

poli y? no. delete. please.

stray- ya, jason is cool, i agree he's like a puppy dog. but then i think andy bellfleur is LSE and a he's a stupid douchebag. /shrug ...some characters are just written to be more sympathetic than others.

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I'm going to check it, first time I hear of this.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

yesss lafayette is my favorite! and i love jessica!

now i'm feeling all sentimental and wanting to watch the show so bad lol

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by poli View Post

LOL

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LOL
    It is funny.. but umm..

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You know this is interesting...Tara is clearly SLE IMO and yet people say Eric is SLE...they're so completely different yet people agree they're of the same type so I'm thinking maybe subtypes play a much bigger role than we realize...or maybe we're all really bad a typing?

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You know this is interesting...Tara is clearly SLE IMO and yet people say Eric is SLE...they're so completely different yet people agree they're of the same type so I'm thinking maybe subtypes play a much bigger role than we realize...or maybe we're all really bad a typing?
    Tara is indisputably ESI.

Eric is indisputably LSI.

People who disagree are indisputably stupid.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No doubt the cornily godawful fake accents play a role in confounding the typing of characters in this soap opera.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tara and Bill are the only characters that irritate me. Tara's facial expressions grate on my nerves and Bill is just a horribly written character imo...or the actor that plays him is just awful. What's with the dramatic Batman voice 24/7? haha

I know what you mean about the accents...what's even worse is I find myself picking up the accent whenever i watch it because it's so thick and overdone.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tara and Bill are the only characters that irritate me. Tara's facial expressions grate on my nerves and Bill is just a horribly written character imo...or the actor that plays him is just awful. What's with the dramatic Batman voice 24/7? haha

I know what you mean about the accents...what's even worse is I find myself picking up the accent whenever i watch it because it's so thick and overdone.
    Hey, Bill's from the Civil War era... and he sounds just like those guys they get to narrate the PBS specials.

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

People in Louisiana actually do have those accents.

And Bill is SLI, soooo maybe you just hate yourself.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

i like all of the characters. tara gets on my nerves too but she still has a place in my heart.

edit: nvm i cant read

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I refuse to believe I have a dramatic batman voice.

TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One of my favourite shows by far

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sookie Stackhouse: SEE-Fi
    Jason Stackhouse: SLE
    Bill Compton: XSI, leaning ESI
    Eric Northman: LIE?
    Pam De Beaufort: ESI?
    Lafayette Reynolds: IEI? (if not, EIE)
    Sam Merlotte: IEE is fine with me, I guess
    Tara Thornton: ???
    Godric: IEI-Ni
    Terry Bellefleur: ?
    Andy Bellefleur: ?
    Sheriff Bud Dearborne: EII might work...
    Arlene Fowler: ESE
    Lettie May Thornton: EIE
    Maxine Fortenberry: EXE? SLE?
    Maryann Forrester: EXE?
    Nan Flanagan: Te?
    Alcide Herveaux: SLI or something?
    Jesus Velasquez: also IEI?
    Steve Newlin: EIE works
    Russell Edgington: cuckoo - is this an ILE, an LIE, an EIE? (i just don't know)
    Marnie Stonebrook: LII?
    Sophie-Anne Leclerq: ILE?
    Amy Burley: IEI, moron
    Eddie Fournier: IXI? XEI?
    Stan Baker - SLE-Ti
    Isabel Beaumont - EIE
    Eggs Benedict - SEI
    Roman Zimojic - ?
    Nora Gainesborough - IEI or LSI?
    Last edited by marooned; 10-14-2012 at 05:07 PM.