Thread: competitive natures

Creepy-Test12

Default competitive natures

I know this is a general question, but is a competitive nature generally associated with strong ?

Or is it commonly found in strong types as well?

I ask this as an INTj. When I enjoy what I'm doing I strive for very high standards, but this seems to have nothing to do with a competitive nature; rather it seems that it has to do with perfecting my particular interest, which I take very seriously (ie hobby, sport, project ect), so it matches up with the high standard of performance I set in my mind.

This has seems to have more to do with perfection than competetition. I don't see any overlap.

In general I don't like competetion. When I get into an intellectual conversation I can seem competetive, but in fact, I just get excited when using my and because they are strong.

Any thoughts?

Creepy-

No, I mean competition just for the sake of competetion? Ie, you are in a bar playing darts or pool and you are not particularly passionate about either of these activities?
    Doesn't this seem for ? I guess winning gives a sense of power or something.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Interesting.

ISFp and ISTp types would be the best subjects for such a study.

its all about the ID

Se as a dominant EGO function is used for utilitarian purposes. I'm thinking that it can be associated w/ competition only because it is being used as a means of defending the weaker functions.

But with Se as an ID function can be a beast. Don't ever mess with an ISTp or else they'll attack you, seriously. I had one shoot a staple gun at me because i threw a plastic bag at her.

And with ISFp's they tend to get very jealous, especially when you're more creative than they are. they are notorious for trying to one-up people using other peoples' ideas.

again, this is personal experience talking.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i've had similar experiences with an ISTp female, for what it's worth; my innocent verbal button pushing was often met with assaults in my general direction. might have something to do with semi-duality as well.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is it to gain love? If so Then it could be or , in which case it is not a correlation between those functions as they are not a common factor in the ENTp and ESTp (to be loved). Different types compete in different areas, for different reasons.
    -Slava

What a great replacement for a nany

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default :)

Slava is right. People's needs in inferior area of the psyche must be satisfied. Every human has to fulfill a 'hole' in the soul with something.
    Hidden agenda is something that gives ideas to explain various human acts in history and in everyday life.

ESTPs and ENTPs have to become famous or be loved by someone. ESTPs do this through practical actions - material possesions, achievements in sports, military, market, even music and film industry.
    ENTPs have to do it (because of the weak ) with innovations, art, ideas, consulting, science, knowledge, predictions, explanations.

----
    If you studied hidden agenda, I guess you know what I mean.

There are a lot of people (ENTPs) whom I've seed to have a wrecked life - no wife, no kids, alchohol, no chances or lack of chances to show oneself, drained youth (40s, 50s) and life in a countryside.

Not many make it. You have to be tough to make it. This means that one has to use a third and fourth function and gain experience in those areas of life, which these functions represent. Some ENTP may have a great idea but to whom will he/she show it? Who will buy it? And if someone does buy it, what will he/she get for it? It's a shitty world out there and we have to fight to overcome ourselves and others.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My ENTj friend and I are extremely competitive. Every time one of us beats another at something, it's like:

"Ha ha ha, owned, bitch! You lose, I win! In your face, IN YOUR FACE!!!"

Yup.

Your INTp friend,

Cone
    Binary or dichotomous systems, although regulated by a principle, are among the most artificial arrangements that have ever been invented. -- William Swainson, A Treatise on the Geography and Classification of Animals (1835)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There are relations that cause competition as well, showing off your functions, to make the other person's functions seem inferior.
    -Slava

What a great replacement for a nany

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In that case, Mirror relations must be one of them.

But still, I am a quite competitive person. I'm not one to accept losing.
    Binary or dichotomous systems, although regulated by a principle, are among the most artificial arrangements that have ever been invented. -- William Swainson, A Treatise on the Geography and Classification of Animals (1835)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Slava
    There are relations that cause competition as well, showing off your functions, to make the other person's functions seem inferior.
    which happens quite frequently in identical relations :wink:

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seems correct. I don't really like other INTps.

Creepy-Test12

"Ha ha ha, owned, bitch! You lose, I win! In your face, IN YOUR FACE!!!"

Sounds like a manifestation of -obviously weak in your cases. This is the the kind of behavior I was referring to in my original post.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: :)

Quote Originally Posted by drake_not_logged_in
    Slava is right. People's needs in inferior area of the psyche must be satisfied. Every human has to fulfill a 'hole' in the soul with something.
    Hidden agenda is something that gives ideas to explain various human acts in history and in everyday life.

ESTPs and ENTPs have to become famous or be loved by someone. ESTPs do this through practical actions - material possesions, achievements in sports, military, market, even music and film industry.
    ENTPs have to do it (because of the weak ) with innovations, art, ideas, consulting, science, knowledge, predictions, explanations.

----
    If you studied hidden agenda, I guess you know what I mean.

There are a lot of people (ENTPs) whom I've seed to have a wrecked life - no wife, no kids, alchohol, no chances or lack of chances to show oneself, drained youth (40s, 50s) and life in a countryside.

Not many make it. You have to be tough to make it. This means that one has to use a third and fourth function and gain experience in those areas of life, which these functions represent. Some ENTP may have a great idea but to whom will he/she show it? Who will buy it? And if someone does buy it, what will he/she get for it? It's a shitty world out there and we have to fight to overcome ourselves and others.
    Yea, it is a shitty world out there. One where inclusive fitness is of maximum importance. We live in an interdependent world where relationships and politics are everything. Entp's, with that weak 4th function are handicapped. You almost wonder why the entp personality evolved, since they don't seem all that well-equipped for inclusive fitness, at least according to relationships. I say that as an entp myself . . . it is quite a struggle.

On the other hand, everyone has their cross to bear. People can make up for their weaknesses with their strengths and also learn to at least minimize the negative impact of their weaknesses. I think we are moving toward a place where everyone can find a place to fit.

I don't think that it is only entp's who become depressed and addicted, however. Addicts and depressed people come in all shapes, sizes, and personalities, each with their own pathway toward lower functioning.
    Entp
    ILE