Contrarian Traditionalist Krig the Viking's Avatar
    TIM
    C-LII
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default A Mildly Amusing Anecdote Involving Kindreds INTj-ISTj

I was discussing socionics with an LSI friend of mine at the potluck after church this morning, and we were talking about the differences between LII and LSI. I mentioned how he becomes dismissive and uninterested when my LII friend (Currere) and I discuss more abstract NeTi systems, and explained the similarity from my point of view when he starts talking about detail upon detail of his SeTi systems ("zzzzz").

A short while later, he started talking about computers (he's a network admin for a school division) and why he prefers this one type of processor over another type of processor, and all the details of exactly how these processors work, and how they're hooked up to the hard drives, or something. I'm not sure exactly what he said, because I was already starting to zone out. Then someone brought some root beer to the table, and I was all like "Ooh, root beer!" and poured myself some, and enjoyed the delicious root beer. Then the LSI and my brother (SLI) started laughing, and I was all like "Oh, sorry, what? I wasn't paying attention. What's so funny?"

As it turns out, he had been deliberately testing me. He deliberately started talking about the most detailed computer system he could think of, and watched to see how long it would take me to zone out. I lasted a few minutes before zoning out and getting distracted by root beer (mmm, Si).

So yeah. I thought it was pretty funny. It's one thing for us to use our complex psycho-wizardry on people and predict how they'll respond. It's another thing entirely to have it used on you.
    Quaero Veritas.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Krig the Viking View Post
    Then someone brought some root beer to the table...
    Heh, that was me!
    IJ temperament
    LII ()
    LII-Ne
    H-LII
    Ni-LII
    iei-LII

Enneagram: 5(w4?)

Contrarian Traditionalist Krig the Viking's Avatar
    TIM
    C-LII
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was too focused on the happy discovery of root beer to notice little irrelevant details like who brought it to the table.
    Quaero Veritas.

Creepy-Pied Piper

Removed at User Request

Quote Originally Posted by Pinocchio View Post
    This is my favorite drummer. I know I typed him SEI before, but I changed my mind, I read/watched some interviews with him speaking about self-development and discipline, etc + the leader of the band is SLE. Maybe I'm more focused on his sayings, because of my great passion for all his work, though.
    Frost NiFe, Satyr FeNi (Edit: I just watched a video, now I'm thinking he might SeFi instead).
    Last edited by Warlord; 08-10-2009 at 10:02 PM.
    ...the human race will disappear. Other races will appear and disappear in turn. The sky will become icy and void, pierced by the feeble light of half-dead stars. Which will also disappear. Everything will disappear. And what human beings do is just as free of sense as the free motion of elementary particles. Good, evil, morality, feelings? Pure 'Victorian fictions'.

INTp

Creepy-Pied Piper

Removed at User Request