Thread: Beta ST appreciation

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by octopuslove View Post
    if there's a problem they can't solve, they'll obsess about it for hours until they come up with an answer.
    So true.

Quote Originally Posted by octopuslove View Post
    They also sometimes have no sense of shame
    ftw. My LSI roommate doesn't even know what the word means I stick around in hopes that it will rub off
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

"Information without energy is useless" Nowisthetime's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default SLE/ESTp appriciation thread

Hi SLEs! You are cool, you are raw, you are rough, but sometimes sensitive. You are beta. You are physical and often good at things like snowboarding or fencing. You are my illusionary, but it doesn't matter cuz you're SLE.

You are sometimes (often) annoying but thank you for being so SLE and enrichening the socion.

Banned
    TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In my experience, gorgeous long-haired guys are usually SLEs, which frustrates me. Here's another SLE: Soaring Eagle, the guy who runs http://www.dreadlockssite.com/. He's fighting a great battle against the nefarious Johnny Clean dread wax company, because they're selling wax for people to use for making dreadlocks, when dreadlocks can be made naturally without wax, for free.

The site is full of great pictures of people with dreadlocks... I am on there somewhere...

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Retmeishka View Post
    I am on there somewhere...
    Link it.

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I appreciate JWC3. That's about as far as I go at the moment.
    Johari/Nohari

"Tell someone you love them today, because life is short; shout it at them in German, because life is also terrifying."

Fruit, the fluffy kitty.

Banned
    TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Absurd View Post
    Link it.
    If I must. But the pictures of myself that I have online are carefully chosen to make me look pretty. In reality, I have a large number of horribly ugly pictures where I happened to be talking or making a funny facial expression, and I haven't posted any of those.

http://www.dreadlockssite.com/profile/NicoleBinns

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Thanks

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mountaindew!

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why is it that they can be so seductive.

I swear. Was so hard to resist the wink.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by siuntal View Post
    yay ESTPs!

EURGH

NO ESTPS

ENTJ IS WHERE IT'S AT:

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Starfall has a point.

I forgot about Ezra. He's pretty decent, too. Also Blaze, if she's still xLE.
    Johari/Nohari

"Tell someone you love them today, because life is short; shout it at them in German, because life is also terrifying."

Fruit, the fluffy kitty.

"Information without energy is useless" Nowisthetime's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Starfall View Post
    SLEs already get spoiled with enough appreciation from their dual. You don't want all this glory inflating their already oversized egos. They'll explode.
    That was my secret plan with this thread from the beginning. Mwahahahah!

Creepy-Snaps

Quote Originally Posted by Jarno View Post
    Mountaindew!
    Not sure if I'm SLE but thanks!

YAY for SLEs!

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Dew View Post
    Not sure if I'm SLE but thanks!

YAY for SLEs!
    yeah, I think you are one of the more awesome members.

But jeez dude, who the fuck talked you into being an ESE. You are stereotypical SLE.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Aw, <3 this thread.

I love them for their limitless capacity for camaraderie. They can hang out forever, and have incredible stamina...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As a Beta ST, what I appreciate the most about others Beta ST is that they tend to say "yes" more often than "no" to last-hour improvised plans instead of coming up with reasons why it can't work out. You know the whole "we'll deal with problems as they occur" attitude.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

@Ananke asked why I thought marie cury was sle and my response is because there are many realists who like the serious and hard core sciences. Known for their patience, practice, for their ability to take on dangerous projects bravely and in control. They've provided us with the groundwork to build knowledge as curry was able to discover one of the elements that allows us to have xray and which ultimately killed her with cancer. Brave and dangerous and patient. Thanks SLE. You make the future for people amazing.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Things I have appreciated SLE for, as they come to mind.

Make sure I don't starve and that I don't live on junk food.

Care more than I do about me getting enough rest and exercise.<-- so annoying to hear "go to sleep" when I don't want to or "you should take a walk."

Make sure utilities are not cut off because I forgot to pay.

Motivate me to find a new profession and help keep me motivated to stay with it.

Motivate me to do housework without being harsh. LSI are a bit harsh.

Work tirelessly, on the weekend, to make my yard beautiful while being practical and overriding suggestions (in a logical way that did not cause an argument) that would be hard for upkeep in the long run.

Fix just about every household problem, like electrical and plumbing but sucks at fixing cars (I am better but not by much). If they can't fix it, not ashamed to call a professional.

Choose colors that are complementary but practical for the overall look of the neighborhood. Even though I wanted BRIGHT RED.

Walk two miles to buy something, I really needed, and not complain about doing it.

Put themselves between me and danger when my temper was out of control.

Not afraid to tell me "no" when others would say "yes".

Makes me laugh so hard my sides hurt. Makes fun of me in the goofiest ways, sometimes.

Makes me cry so hard I can't breathe. Just knows when to leave me alone.

Will wrestle and play fight with a little provocation.

Basically there for me, in every way.

Tell me to suck it up and do something, when it appears to be more drama than real pain.

OMG, they do way more for me than I do for them. Not even sure why they want me around. :/

This reminds me that I miss my SLE best friend. She was amazing.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aylen View Post
    Things I have appreciated SLE for, as they come to mind.

Make sure I don't starve and that I don't live on junk food.

Care more than I do about me getting enough rest and exercise.<-- so annoying to hear "go to sleep" when I don't want to or "you should take a walk."

Make sure utilities are not cut off because I forgot to pay.

Motivate me to find a new profession and help keep me motivated to stay with it.

Motivate me to do housework without being harsh. LSI are a bit harsh.

Work tirelessly, on the weekend, to make my yard beautiful while being practical and overriding suggestions (in a logical way that did not cause an argument) that would be hard for upkeep in the long run.

Fix just about every household problem, like electrical and plumbing but sucks at fixing cars (I am better but not by much). If they can't fix it, not ashamed to call a professional.

Choose colors that are complementary but practical for the overall look of the neighborhood. Even though I wanted BRIGHT RED.

Walk two miles to buy something, I really needed, and not complain about doing it.

Put themselves between me and danger when my temper was out of control.

Not afraid to tell me "no" when others would say "yes".

Makes me laugh so hard my sides hurt. Makes fun of me in the goofiest ways, sometimes.

Makes me cry so hard I can't breathe. Just knows when to leave me alone.

Will wrestle and play fight with a little provocation.

Basically there for me, in every way.

Tell me to suck it up and do something, when it appears to be more drama than real pain.

OMG, they do way more for me than I do for them. Not even sure why they want me around. :/

This reminds me that I miss my SLE best friend. She was amazing.
    What don't you like about LSE Aylene?
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post
    What don't you like about LSE Aylene?
    Are you saying LSE are just the same? Doesn't surprise me since I told you before the duality descriptions were very similar between SLE-IEI and LSE-EII.

Anyway, I have only had one clear example of LSE, in my inner circle, and they got there through a family connection. I think it was more what LSE didn't like about me than what I didn't like about them. I was too flirty, too opinionated, too ungrateful, too emotionally vivid, too challenging of their Te in any form... etc.... should I go on? That is what they said about me. Behind my back of course. I have no real problem with them except they appear a bit boring and critical, to me, at times.SLE are more invigorating and passionate, imo. They are usually down for just about anything I suggest. They don't mind dealing with some of my crazy antics and they laugh with me, instead of shaking their heads in disapproval.

Like the LSE I knew liked to go fishing for hours at a time. He told his wife how to do absolutely everything, which would drive me crazy.Then he tried to tell everyone else how to do things better all the time. He probably had some good advice but I tuned him out because of his presentation.

With his wife it was like she didn't make a move without his approval. I just wanted her to think for herself instead of asking his permission for little things. Like what she could spend her money on or if we could go to dinner alone, without him. His wife didn't mind but it would have drove me insane I'm sure. I don't want that kind of control over my actions, beliefs or feelings. I can sort those on my own.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Are you saying LSE are just the same? Doesn't surprise me since I told you before the duality descriptions were very similar between SLE-IEI and LSE-EII.

Anyway, I have only had one clear example of LSE, in my inner circle, and they got there through a family connection. I think it was more what LSE didn't like about me than what I didn't like about them. I was too flirty, too opinionated, too ungrateful, too emotionally vivid, too challenging of their Te in any form... etc.... should I go on? That is what they said about me. Behind my back of course. I have no real problem with them except they appear a bit boring and critical, to me, at times.SLE are more invigorating and passionate, imo. They are usually down for just about anything I suggest. They don't mind dealing with some of my crazy antics and they laugh with me, instead of shaking their heads in disapproval.

Like the LSE I knew liked to go fishing for hours at a time. He told his wife how to do absolutely everything, which would drive me crazy.Then he tried to tell everyone else how to do things better all the time. He probably had some good advice but I tuned him out because of his presentation.

With his wife it was like she didn't make a move without his approval. I just wanted her to think for herself instead of asking his permission for little things. Like what she could spend her money on or if we could go to dinner alone, without him. His wife didn't mind but it would have drove me insane I'm sure. I don't want that kind of control over my actions, beliefs or feelings. I can sort those on my own.
    Yeah the routineizing and confining nature of LSE would cause you to go nuts lol.
    -

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

This reminds me that I miss my SLE best friend. She was amazing
    Eh? What happened to her?

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Myst View Post
    Eh? What happened to her?

Eclampsia, in 2013, which resulted in her going into cardiac arrest in the delivery room. She was 30. The baby survived though. Still kind of shocking that it can happen in a hospital for high risk pregnancy. You just kind of expect that giving birth is safe now, if you follow on the rules, or whatever. The irony is that it was the same doctor who saved my life a couple years earlier (before we met). It was purely coincidence since I did not even know she was referred to him, by another doctor, toward the end of her third trimester, so I don't have that on my conscience. :/

YWIMW

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

Eclampsia, in 2013, which resulted in her going into cardiac arrest in the delivery room. She was 30. The baby survived though. Still kind of shocking that it can happen in a hospital for high risk pregnancy. You just kind of expect that giving birth is safe now, if you follow on the rules, or whatever. The irony is that it was the same doctor who saved my life a couple years earlier (before we met). It was purely coincidence since I did not even know she was referred to him, by another doctor, toward the end of her third trimester, so I don't have that on my conscience. :/
    Sorry to hear that... btw it wouldn't be on your conscience either way.

TIM
    EIE 4w5
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Beta ST's know when to grab me and hold me when I need it.
    They keep me grounded, and less confused.

TIM
    EIE 4w5
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by octo View Post
    Lol this resurrected thread. So the LSI in the story turned out to be SLE, and I've been dating him for the past 5 years. He tells me to harden the fuck up a lot, and we communicate ridiculously well, which is good cos we've been long distance for the past year or so. 10/10 would date again.

*applaud*
    That's lovely. Just lovely.
    Rock his world, darling.

Feeling fucking fantastic golden's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can anybody just say sex? I appreciate Beta STs for sex. Thanks.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GOLDEN View Post
    Can anybody just say sex? I appreciate Beta STs for sex. Thanks.

Omg. For real, though.