Thread: Holographic Supervision

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Holographic Supervision

I've been considering how the holographic thought process works, starting with the case of limiting (as in the mind of an LII). My approach to thought is a relatively systematic (but multi-tasked, so it's never clear quite where I'm at) process of thinking through all the various options, and eliminating options until I come to a conclusion. I think that the macro level of holographic supervision and the micro level of a single holographic's thought process are alike in this respect. To be more clear what I mean: I imagine holographic types, and the holographic supervision ring as a whole, as constantly going off on tangents while fully intending to come back to the original problem eventually, armed with the knowledge gained from the tangent. I imagine the supervision steps involving LII as follows:

-SLE, in dealing with real-life problems, finds that these problems need to be analyzed logically in detail. He may attempt to use his creative problem, or make use of supervision by formulating the problem in a form and presenting it to an LII.
    -The LII has no idea what the original problem was that made this problem necessary (and thus does not have to deal with ), but sets to work breaking down the problem logically and coming to a conclusion. In exploring the problem, he may come across a difficult question about the internal nature of things; again, he may attempt to solve this himself, or pass it on to his supervisee in an form (with no hint as to what the original logical problem was).

Once a supervisee has worked out the problem, he passes the solution back to his supervisor, who checks it and uses it in his own thoughts if it passes. Thus, for supervision to work among Holographic types, the supervisor must have the right to delegate problems to his supervisee, and the right to tell his supervisee that he's wrong (in which case the supervisee must rework the problem). The branching-out nature of holographic thought means that the problem presented to the supervisee will usually be only a small part of the problem that the supervisor is working on; however, this does not mean that the supervisor will do more work on the whole problem than his supervisee will do on any given part. The holographic thought process is a very thorough thought process, in which no problem is so small as to not be worth the effort to solve it. (I suspect that this is related to Negativism.)

Because holographic supervision involves passing on problems that do not need to be dealt with in the context they came from, holographic types are always willing to take on a problem that they're suited for without needing to know why the problem has to be solved.

The cycle of elements in the holographic ring goes something like this:
    observes the real-life problem to be dealt with
    logically checks every aspect of the situation
    lays out every possibility in each aspect of the situation that could not finalize a conclusion about
    finds a personal interpretation of possibilities that could not get a handle on
    details physical thing in question where did not know enough to form an interpretation
    identifies the logical workings of the thing in question where could not observe them directly
    identifies the various possibilities where could not finalize a conclusion

(Although I started this with , at this point it's clear how every element can continue where the previous one fell short, ad infinitum.)

LII-Ne

"Come to think of it, there are already a million monkeys on a million typewriters, and the Usenet is NOTHING like Shakespeare!"
    - Blair Houghton

Johari

Haikus
    TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    223 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Uhhh........

When's the last time you threw a football around, or looked outside?

I don't mean that in a condescending/negative way but that was probably one of the most autistic things I ever read.

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BulletsAndDoves View Post
    When's the last time you threw a football around, or looked outside?.
    Or have preferably done both at the same time.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Er... You're not even saying I'm wrong. What problems will I solve by throwing a football? Maybe I would have fun? I find it acceptable to have fun without solving problems, but currently I do not find it fun to throw a football. Maybe later.

Edit: Considering that I am God, all football-throwing is off-limits until I find it fun.

LII-Ne

"Come to think of it, there are already a million monkeys on a million typewriters, and the Usenet is NOTHING like Shakespeare!"
    - Blair Houghton

Johari

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Carla View Post
    Cat meowing too loudly.
    Neighbours' cat in your garden.
    Cat stuck in a tree.
    One of your cats sexing up your other cat.
    The cats around here don't meow, I don't have a garbage can, and I don't have a cat.

LII-Ne

- Blair Houghton

Johari

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Carla View Post
    Get one.
    So I can throw a football at it?

LII-Ne

- Blair Houghton

Johari

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Brilliand View Post
    So I can throw a football at it?
    The very purpose of a cat's existence is for it to be a target of football-throwing. This is part of the Ultimate Universal Truths, specifically #45a.

EDIT: Oh, and I found the original post very interesting. What's cool is that I think I am part of one of those chains, as I think my brother might be an IEE and my sister an ESI. Sibling Chain of Supervision, alright! (But I'm not too sure if that's actually the case or not.)
    IJ temperament
    LII ()
    LII-Ne
    H-LII
    Ni-LII
    iei-LII

Enneagram: 5(w4?)