Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 40 of 89

Thread: Video of Two Celebrity ESFjs

  1. #1
    Logos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    5,406
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Video of Two Celebrity ESFjs

    "Alpha Quadra subforum. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ~Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Johari Box

  2. #2
    Snomunegot munenori2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Kansas
    TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Posts
    7,739
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Aw, sometimes I wonder if my brother couldn't be some other type but then I remember how his face lights up when we visit my ESE cousin and ESE aunt. My cousin is sooo like Bynes lol.
    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

  3. #3
    Contrarian Traditionalist Krig the Viking's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Canada's Prairie Farmland
    TIM
    C-LII
    Posts
    2,647
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    That was a lot of Fe. I'm feeling overwhelmed. I think I need to go sit in a corner and analyze something logically for a while.

  4. #4
    Logos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    5,406
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Krig the Viking View Post
    That was a lot of Fe. I'm feeling overwhelmed. I think I need to go sit in a corner and analyze something logically for a while.
    Yeah. But in a good way, right?
    "Alpha Quadra subforum. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ~Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Johari Box

  5. #5
    Creepy-Pied Piper

    Default

    Removed at User Request

  6. #6
    constant change electric sheep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    1,296
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    lol I couldn't watch the whole thing. My eyes rolled back into my head and I started twitching after the first 30 seconds.
    The saddest ESFj

    ...

  7. #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fear of sleep View Post
    lol I couldn't watch the whole thing. My eyes rolled back into my head and I started twitching after the first 30 seconds.
    Are you sure you really are Fe-seeking?
    ...the human race will disappear. Other races will appear and disappear in turn. The sky will become icy and void, pierced by the feeble light of half-dead stars. Which will also disappear. Everything will disappear. And what human beings do is just as free of sense as the free motion of elementary particles. Good, evil, morality, feelings? Pure 'Victorian fictions'.

    INTp

  8. #8
    Currere's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    92
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Krig the Viking View Post
    That was a lot of Fe. I'm feeling overwhelmed. I think I need to go sit in a corner and analyze something logically for a while.
    The topic of fashion didn't really interest me, so I couldn't really get into it.
    IJ temperament
    LII ()
    LII-Ne
    H-LII
    Ni-LII
    iei-LII

    Enneagram: 5(w4?)

  9. #9
    Glorious Member mu4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Mind
    Posts
    7,966
    Mentioned
    568 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

    Default

    I like SEI + ESE story telling, they inject a lot of dialogue into it.

    As for them, they're putting on a show here so it's not really all that interesting for me, I tend to like it more when they're engaged in a real conversation with me.

    Because then I actually get what I'm looking for, selfish as it might be. I think Bynes is SEI-Fe not ESE while Ray is ESE.

    Both use their 8th function very early on and you can see the difference...

    Ray: How gorgeous is she, so beautiful, so etc...

    Bynes: "I love you, I love you...."

    Ray's voice is also quite like ESE I've met, very loud, passionate, but more steady like a EJ temperament, where as Bynes has a softer, subtly emotional, pouty voice. I typically see this as Accepting function Fe vs Creative function Fe. Also Ray is very energetic and animated while Bynes is more subdued.

    There are also other verbal and physical queues in the dialogue that make me feel this way as well, but it's not all that objective or decisive and I'm don't think I need to make the effort to justify my opinion to others.
    Last edited by mu4; 08-01-2009 at 12:00 AM.

  10. #10
    constant change electric sheep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    1,296
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Warlord View Post
    Are you sure you really are Fe-seeking?
    they were good twitches
    The saddest ESFj

    ...

  11. #11
    Logos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    5,406
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hkkmr View Post
    I like SEI + ESE story telling, they inject a lot of dialogue into it.

    As for them, they're putting on a show here so it's not really all that interesting for me, I tend to like it more when they're engaged in a real conversation with me.

    Because then I actually get what I'm looking for, selfish as it might be. I think Bynes is SEI-Fe not ESE while Ray is ESE.

    Both use their 8th function very early on and you can see the difference...

    Ray: How gorgeous is she, so beautiful, so etc...

    Bynes: "I love you, I love you...."

    Ray's voice is also quite like ESE I've met, very loud, passionate, but more steady like a EJ temperament, where as Bynes has a softer, subtly emotional, pouty voice. I typically see this as Accepting function Fe vs Creative function Fe. Also Ray is very energetic and animated while Bynes is more subdued.

    There are also other verbal and physical queues in the dialogue that make me feel this way as well, but it's not all that objective or decisive and I'm don't think I need to make the effort to justify my opinion to others.
    Bynes has the energy level and temperament of EJ > IP. You're examples hardly seem conclusive when the big picture of the conversation clearly shows two identicals talking and not mirrors. Bynes was not really any more subdued than Ray in the conversation. Bynes only seemed less subdued because she is an ESE-Si, whereas Rachael Ray is more likely ESE-Fe.
    "Alpha Quadra subforum. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ~Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Johari Box

  12. #12
    Currently God Brilliand's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Nevada
    TIM
    LII
    Posts
    4,246
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I agree with hkkmr's analysis - provided that I guessed correctly which one he considered ESE and which one he considered SEI. I only watched the first minute or so, but the ESE told people what to do a few times (granted, it's her show, but she implied quite clearly what it was that the people should do), whereas the SEI expressed a desire to be normal (IP temperament), and that she was trying to resist the urge to become a celebrity. However, I'm not sure I would pose the emphasis on feeling vs. sensing in their language as a reason to type the one SEI and the other ESE... it calls into question the idea that the vital ring is "nonverbal."

    As for my reaction to the show: I don't think I would mind that environment at all. If they were talking to me, it would be great. However, like hkkmr, I didn't respond all that much to two Alpha SFs who weren't paying any attention to me at all. Perhaps those who are getting a strong reaction are placing themselves in the shoes of one or the other of the celebrities?



    LII-Ne

    "Come to think of it, there are already a million monkeys on a million typewriters, and the Usenet is NOTHING like Shakespeare!"
    - Blair Houghton

    Johari

  13. #13
    Glorious Member mu4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Mind
    Posts
    7,966
    Mentioned
    568 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Logos View Post
    Bynes has the energy level and temperament of EJ > IP. You're examples hardly seem conclusive when the big picture of the conversation clearly shows two identicals talking and not mirrors. Bynes was not really any more subdued than Ray in the conversation. Bynes only seemed less subdued because she is an ESE-Si, whereas Rachael Ray is more likely ESE-Fe.
    You will defend your conclusions all you want, but it's meaninglessly subjective just as mine... because what's the difference between ESE-Si and SEI-Fe... not much. But the initial verbalization was clearly different between the two. Fi vs Se, this sort of thing happen naturally, (Even if it's scripted, it's still scripted by their thoughts).

    If you think Bynes was not less subdued then Ray, this is just your observation, and I think from what we've seen before, you do not see the world thru a perceptive function but thru your logic. Feel free to invent reasons but Bynes is quite subdued by my observations.

    Anyways, Bynes compliment with her ego function too...
    "I love all your food tips...
    "I always write down all your tips, and advice on restaurants to go to, good deals..

    This is accepting Si.

    Hey you're typing with energy level and dichotomies, and I'm typing with function location and verbalization. These are 2 different conclusions. Are you sure you are right? Because I'm not sure if I'm right but I also think my opinion is just plain better.

    SEI-Fe is one of the highest energy introtim, basically a extrovert in every practical sense.

  14. #14
    Logos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    5,406
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hkkmr View Post
    You will defend your conclusions all you want, but it's meaninglessly subjective just as mine... because what's the difference between ESE-Si and SEI-Fe... not much. But the initial verbalization was clearly different between the two. Fi vs Se, this sort of thing happen naturally, (Even if it's scripted, it's still scripted by their thoughts).

    If you think Bynes was not less subdued then Ray, this is just your observation, and I think from what we've seen before, you do not see the world thru a perceptive function but thru your logic. Feel free to invent reasons but Bynes is quite subdued by my observations.
    In which case, you are free to always dismiss my conclusions from the basis of your perceptive function versus my logical function.

    Both use their 8th function very early on and you can see the difference...

    Ray: How gorgeous is she, so beautiful, so etc...

    Bynes: "I love you, I love you...."
    Actually, Bynes' does not first say "I love you," but if you listen she returns Ray's "how gorgeous is she," with "look at her."

    Anyways, Bynes compliment with her ego function too...
    "I love all your food tips...
    "I always write down all your tips, and advice on restaurants to go to, good deals..

    This is accepting Si.
    She is concerned about how to produce and develop Si, which is creative-Si.

    Hey you're typing with energy level and dichotomies, and I'm typing with function location and verbalization. These are 2 different conclusions. Are you sure you are right? Because I'm not sure if I'm right but I also think my opinion is just plain better.

    SEI-Fe is one of the highest energy introtim, basically a extrovert in every practical sense.
    You're opinion is being formed with your perceptive function, but my opinion is being formed with a much stronger logical function. See what I did there? Regardless of whether or not you think your opinion is better, I think that my opinion is correct.
    "Alpha Quadra subforum. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ~Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Johari Box

  15. #15
    Glorious Member mu4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Mind
    Posts
    7,966
    Mentioned
    568 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Logos View Post
    In which case, you are free to always dismiss my conclusions from the basis of your perceptive function versus my logical function.

    Actually, Bynes' does not first say "I love you," but if you listen she returns Ray's "how gorgeous is she," with "look at her."
    Is look at her a or a verbalization...?
    It's ! It's inviting the listener to experience and come to their own conclusion and not describing a apparent property of the object.

    Quote Originally Posted by Logos View Post
    She is concerned about how to produce and develop Si, which is creative-Si.

    You're opinion is being formed with your perceptive function, but my opinion is being formed with a much stronger logical function. See what I did there? Regardless of whether or not you think your opinion is better, I think that my opinion is correct.
    Of course you do. You came up with the conclusion with probably 8th function , and are now justifying it with but really, you're ignoring the objective evidence and other people's perception of the situation. You're going to be obstinate about your conclusion and think it's the only result, but I'm more yielding and will say that the possibility exists for her to be ESE-Si or SEI-Fe, but based on this video and the objective evidence presented. My tentative hypothesis is SEI-Fe because typing is a process. It's not the correct answer since that can not be evaluated except by me or you starting a long term relationship with her.

    Also your creative functions is often original, deliberate.

    If she comes to Atlanta I'll see if she will present herself at any of my stomping grounds.
    Last edited by mu4; 08-01-2009 at 01:49 AM.

  16. #16
    constant change electric sheep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    1,296
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Well it is Rachel's show, so it would only be proper for Amanda to act a little more subdued and accepting while on it. I mean, she's probably not going to try and steal the show from her.
    The saddest ESFj

    ...

  17. #17
    Glorious Member mu4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Mind
    Posts
    7,966
    Mentioned
    568 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

    Default







    She's typically this subdued, if not more subdued, with little bursts of very well crafted Fe.

    Rachel is more steady like a accepting Fe type would be theoretically.

    Rachel probably made her more expressive then usual.

  18. #18
    Logos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    5,406
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hkkmr View Post
    Is look at her a or a verbalization...?
    It's ! It's inviting the listener to experience and come to their own conclusion and not describing a apparent property of the object.
    You really do enjoy twisting vocabulary around to make subjective interpretations, don't you? "Look at her" is as much a verbalization as "isn't she gorgeous?" They are both invitations to look at the person and experience their looks. "Look at her" as a response to Ray contains an implied and understood "she's gorgeous too" in the language game.

    Of course you do. You came up with the conclusion with probably 8th function , and are now justifying it with but really, you're ignoring the objective evidence and other people's perception of the situation. You're going to be obstinate about your conclusion and think it's the only result, but I'm more yielding and will say that the possibility exists for her to be ESE-Si or SEI-Fe, but based on this video and the objective evidence presented. My tentative hypothesis is SEI-Fe because typing is a process. It's not the correct answer since that can not be evaluated except by me or you starting a long term relationship with her.

    Also your creative functions is often original, deliberate.
    So Mr. Pot, how are you doing? I have Mr. Kettle on line 1 here to speak with you. Hkkmr, you dismiss other people's evidence too easily with very little consideration. You say it's a process, but you have clearly already formed your conclusion, and that's that from you. My conclusion came primarily from + with reinforcing it, and less so from . Overall, her behavior matches ESEs far more than it does SEIs.

    If she comes to Atlanta I'll see if she will present herself at any of my stomping grounds.
    Well thankfully for you, you have conveniently established her as your dual and dismissed the possibility that she is mine.

    ETA: And after watching those three additional videos - Amanda Bynes: ESE.
    "Alpha Quadra subforum. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ~Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Johari Box

  19. #19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Carla View Post
    What type is Rove? (Rove McManus, Australian TV show host.)
    I only watched for less than half-a-minute (Amanda Bynes pissed me off when she did the countdown from 5 thing, so I didn't want to watch that for long), so my guess is Ne-dominant.
    ...the human race will disappear. Other races will appear and disappear in turn. The sky will become icy and void, pierced by the feeble light of half-dead stars. Which will also disappear. Everything will disappear. And what human beings do is just as free of sense as the free motion of elementary particles. Good, evil, morality, feelings? Pure 'Victorian fictions'.

    INTp

  20. #20
    Contrarian Traditionalist Krig the Viking's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Canada's Prairie Farmland
    TIM
    C-LII
    Posts
    2,647
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Logos View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Krig the Viking View Post
    That was a lot of Fe. I'm feeling overwhelmed. I think I need to go sit in a corner and analyze something logically for a while.
    Yeah. But in a good way, right?
    Like, macaroni salad is my favourite food, but a whole gallon of it would be a bit much.

    Analyzing my response a bit more, I think the issue was that there was too much all at once, with no breaks to catch your breath. I wouldn't have enough energy to keep up with all of that. I suspect it's something related to my Ne subtype.

  21. #21
    Glorious Member mu4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Mind
    Posts
    7,966
    Mentioned
    568 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Logos View Post
    You really do enjoy twisting vocabulary around to make subjective interpretations, don't you? "Look at her" is as much a verbalization as "isn't she gorgeous?" They are both invitations to look at the person and experience their looks. "Look at her" as a response to Ray contains an implied and understood "she's gorgeous too" in the language game.
    At this point you're just trying to rationalize your original conclusion without admitting you might have made a mistake.

    My conclusion is not a conclusion, it's a hypothesis, to be tested until it fails.

    My conclusion came primarily from + with reinforcing it, and less so from . Overall, her behavior matches ESEs far more than it does SEIs.
    :Xi:.... you're really being objective here! You're not even coming up with evidence from the videos anymore, just your personal opinion.

    Overall her behavior matches your idea of ESE more then your idea of SEI. End of your rationale.

  22. #22
    Logos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    5,406
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hkkmr View Post
    At this point you're just trying to rationalize your original conclusion without admitting you might have made a mistake.
    And at this point you are just attempting to discredit me by misreading my actions.

    My conclusion is not a conclusion, it's a hypothesis, to be tested until it fails.
    Okay, then let me call it the same. A hypothesis.

    :Xi:.... you're really being objective here! You're not even coming up with evidence from the videos anymore, just your personal opinion.

    Overall her behavior matches your idea of ESE more then your idea of SEI. End of your rationale.
    It was a summarization. That should have been clear. But her videos show her in high levels of energy (e.g. her fast-paced ranting in the Ray video). She continually reports "I'm excited" or similar comments in her interviews. Her videos have a high level of personal stories that she likes to weave into the interviews, which is more frequently found in ESEs than SEIs.

    Quote Originally Posted by Brilliand View Post
    I agree with hkkmr's analysis - provided that I guessed correctly which one he considered ESE and which one he considered SEI. I only watched the first minute or so, but the ESE told people what to do a few times (granted, it's her show, but she implied quite clearly what it was that the people should do), whereas the SEI expressed a desire to be normal (IP temperament), and that she was trying to resist the urge to become a celebrity. However, I'm not sure I would pose the emphasis on feeling vs. sensing in their language as a reason to type the one SEI and the other ESE... it calls into question the idea that the vital ring is "nonverbal."
    That does not seem particularly valid, since both ESEs and SEIs would be considered declarers, and the host (Ray) would be the one to steer the conversation for time's sake. Furthermore, while you say that the "SEI expressed a desire to be normal," that does not always mesh well with other SEI celebrities. Some of those SEI celebrities are the party-animal ones that are quite different from Bynes. But Bynes is similar in disposition and desire to be "normal" much like Sandra Bullock (ESE), who Bynes considers one of her celebrity role models. And now that I think about it, Amanda Bynes is also incredibly similar to another ESE around her age: Hayden Panettiere.
    "Alpha Quadra subforum. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ~Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Johari Box

  23. #23
    Glorious Member mu4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Mind
    Posts
    7,966
    Mentioned
    568 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Logos View Post
    And at this point you are just attempting to discredit me by misreading my actions.
    I'm not trying to discredit you, you offer excuses and reasons for why she can only be ESE-Si.

    While I make observations for why she can be SEI-Fe. I think there is the possibility she is ESE-Si.

    This point you cannot in good conscience not concede, unless you wish to show your dogmaticism. I started off with my concessions as I am not all knowing.

    Quote Originally Posted by Logos View Post
    It was a summarization. That should have been clear. But her videos show her in high levels of energy (e.g. her fast-paced ranting in the Ray video). She continually reports "I'm excited" or similar comments in her interviews. Her videos have a high level of personal stories that she likes to weave into the interviews, which is more frequently found in ESEs than SEIs.
    Both SEI and ESE tell personal stories. Dumas and Hugo are both storytellers.

    Quote Originally Posted by SEI
    He is always ready to entertain, and is a captivating story-teller, often being found at the center of attention. Usually the stories he tells are about everyday occurrences ("We sat together after dinner and worked out a deal that was mutually beneficial for us.”), unexpected encounters ("We had our hens all loaded up and were on our way when suddenly I saw my old friend who I’d gone to university with."), fishing ("You will not believe it - I just caught this magnificent trout!") and entertainment ("We went to the opera! Such elegant decor and vividly-coloured walls! What beautiful, rich voices!"). Generally, his stories are centered around people, and contain many sensory details. He can tell gripping, suspense-filled stories in a dynamic fashion, using his natural expressiveness to entertain.
    Another rationalization? Also what part of your summarization had any Te or Ne? What part of it was objective. Her energy level is not steady like Rachel Ray's who has a very even EJ energy level. Bynes goes from quiet to a big burst of joking goofiness very quickly then just as quick subsides. This happens very often. Rachel is very steady and energetic throughout the whole procedings.


    Quote Originally Posted by Logos View Post
    That does not seem particularly valid, since both ESEs and SEIs would be considered declarers, and the host (Ray) would be the one to steer the conversation for time's sake. Furthermore, while you say that the "SEI expressed a desire to be normal," that does not always mesh well with other SEI celebrities. Some of those SEI celebrities are the party-animal ones that are quite different from Bynes. But Bynes is similar in disposition and desire to be "normal" much like Sandra Bullock (ESE), who Bynes considers one of her celebrity role models. And now that I think about it, Amanda Bynes is also incredibly similar to another ESE around her age: Hayden Panettiere.
    Her desire to be normal is there, but she also enjoys quirky, eclectic clothing as she mentioned. Also her claim to fame is being a goofy jokey comedian, while Rachel Ray was a chef. Fe-creative vs Si-creative.

    She wants to be a normal girl but is really goofy instead.

    Quote Originally Posted by SEI-FE
    They appear alive, emotional and free in their dialogue. They are able to easily string together lines of dialogue while willingly paying compliments; this ease carries a shade of familiarity. Shyness can be overcome by playful remarks; they easily speak ironically in a serious/valid tone. They often joke and can speak even of unpleasant things with a smile, but they are sure not to offend the person; they are precautionary and careful. At times they are impatient and restless, from time to time they quarrel with others but are easily appeased and forgiving. Usually optimistic; like to give and receive pleasure; often gives people compliments and often renders various services; are able to cheer up and encourage others. Seem serene for they are prone to hide negative emotions from strangers/simple acquaintances. They speak quickly and confidently, at times categorically, with imperative intonations. Appears noticeable and quick, at times significant; movements are assured and graceful but a little bit gusty.
    Quote Originally Posted by SEI-FE
    motional ethics are intensified. They are emotionally expressive and sociable, enters easily into any company, appears to be an extrovert. Loves practical and spacious clothes, about which they are not very choosy – they can also walk around shabbily. Artistic, frequently performs the role of instigator. They easily find themselves in amateur artistic activity, can be a musician, actor, advertising agent, or poet.
    Quote Originally Posted by ESE-SI
    (Valentine Meged & Anatoly Ovcharov) The sensory subtype is vigorous, efficient and practical. Emotionally striking, but sympathetic and benevolent towards people. Able to correct impressions caused by sharp statements. Self-assured and skillful; coquettish and pleasant, create an intimate atmosphere with their dialogue. Projecting tenderness, they often embrace those that act nicely and courteously towards them. Attentive to people, careful and obliging, yet may react suddenly if they find something unpleasant. Their speech, as a rule, is fast and emotional, willingly forming compliments. Prone to fussiness and restlessness, but able to occasionally relax cheerfully. Hospitable, are able and willing to prepare a gourmet for others.. Their fast, graceful movements mimic liveliness. Charmingly puts on a show and loves expensive things.
    Quote Originally Posted by ESE-SI
    Aesthete, loves to provide pleasure to themselves and to those around them, loves to give gifts. Good at maintaining household – knows how to make do even with a minimum of conveniences. A man of business, can be a successful manager in the leisure and entertainments industry. Women of this type knit and sew well, know how to be charming, possess a good taste in colour matching clothing. Undemonstrative behaviour. Very bad at enduring pain and poor health.
    Which one is it more like? Maybe it's just your idea of what a ESE-SI is like?
    Last edited by mu4; 08-01-2009 at 04:26 AM.

  24. #24
    Logos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    5,406
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hkkmr View Post
    Both SEI and ESE tell personal stories. Dumas and Hugo are both storytellers.
    Dumas and Hugo are both storytellers, but the ESE is more open to do so, especially publicly.

    Another rationalization? Also what part of your summarization had any Te or Ne? What part of it was objective.
    It was a separate thought. Being a smug ass does nothing to test your hypothesis, so I must assume that it provides some other function in your argument.

    Her energy level is not steady like Rachel Ray's who has a very even rational energy level. Bynes goes from quiet to a big burst of joking goofiness very quickly then just as quick subsides. This happens very often. Rachel is very steady and energetic throughout the whole procedings.
    Bynes's high energy level seems quite consistent. Although she quiets when Ray is speaking, it is only temporary, and it is more respectful. But even then, her energy levels remain high once she resumes talking.

    Her desire to be normal is there, but she also enjoys quirky, eclectic clothing as she mentioned.
    Her clothing is not really quirky or eclectic. She herself stresses that it is stylish while being affordable, but by no means does she describe it as being quirky or eclectic. These are adjectives which you supplied yourself, but do not come from the video.

    Also her claim to fame is being a goofy jokey comedian, while Rachel Ray was a chef. Fe-creative vs Si-creative.
    Yes, those are their professions, but that in itself does not point to Fe-creative vs. Si-creative. This is a fairly weak argument to make. But you also forget that Bynes highly enjoys designing comfortable, stylish, affordable clothes. Si-creative. :wink:

    She wants to be a normal girl but is really goofy instead.
    And? These are not mutually exclusive propositions nor anything that necessarily favors one type over another.

    Which one is it more like? Maybe it's just your idea of what a ESE-SI is like?
    Source? I would just prefer to read the whole descriptions before I make a judgment.
    "Alpha Quadra subforum. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ~Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Johari Box

  25. #25
    Glorious Member mu4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Mind
    Posts
    7,966
    Mentioned
    568 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Logos View Post
    Source? I would just prefer to read the whole descriptions before I make a judgment.
    SEI male and female - Wikisocion

    SEI subtypes - Wikisocion

    ESE subtypes - Wikisocion

    These are the whole descriptions.

    You may not observe the difference I have observed, but perhaps this is because you've already formulated your analysis from a very personal point of view. But the differences are there for anyone to see.

    As for her agreement with quirky and eclectic check the first video 3:50ish - 4 minute-ish. It is there for everyone to observe. All you're doing is saying you don't see what I see.

  26. #26
    Glorious Member mu4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Mind
    Posts
    7,966
    Mentioned
    568 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Logos View Post
    Dumas and Hugo are both storytellers, but the ESE is more open to do so, especially publicly.
    Quote Originally Posted by SEI
    He is always ready to entertain, and is a captivating story-teller, often being found at the center of attention. Usually the stories he tells are about everyday occurrences ("We sat together after dinner and worked out a deal that was mutually beneficial for us.”), unexpected encounters ("We had our hens all loaded up and were on our way when suddenly I saw my old friend who I’d gone to university with."), fishing ("You will not believe it - I just caught this magnificent trout!") and entertainment ("We went to the opera! Such elegant decor and vividly-coloured walls! What beautiful, rich voices!"). Generally, his stories are centered around people, and contain many sensory details. He can tell gripping, suspense-filled stories in a dynamic fashion, using his natural expressiveness to entertain.
    Are you sure? Always ready! Are you sure?

    Quote Originally Posted by SEI
    It was a separate thought. Being a smug ass does nothing to test your hypothesis, so I must assume that it provides some other function in your argument.
    So your response to being challenged is to call me a smug ass? What benevolence!

  27. #27
    Logos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    5,406
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hkkmr View Post
    SEI male and female - Wikisocion

    SEI subtypes - Wikisocion

    ESE subtypes - Wikisocion

    These are the whole descriptions.

    You may not observe the difference I have observed, but perhaps this is because you've already formulated your analysis from a very personal point of view. But the differences are there for anyone to see.
    Thank you. If I come out with a different conclusion, it will be because of the accumulation of evidence. I have not already formed my opinion as solidly as you are trying to paint it. No more than yours at least.

    As for her agreement with quirky and eclectic check the first video 3:50ish - 4 minute-ish. It is there for everyone to observe. All you're doing is saying you don't see what I see.
    Thanks for showing me that those adjectives were supplied by Rachael Ray. :wink:

    Quote Originally Posted by hkkmr View Post
    Are you sure? Always ready! Are you sure?
    It would appear that this description indicates differently. Oh well.

    So your response to being challenged is to call me a smug ass? What benevolence!
    No, that is simply my response to you being a smug ass in this thread. I was unaware that you were challenging me.
    "Alpha Quadra subforum. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ~Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Johari Box

  28. #28
    Glorious Member mu4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Mind
    Posts
    7,966
    Mentioned
    568 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Logos View Post
    Thank you. If I come out with a different conclusion, it will be because of the accumulation of evidence. I have not already formed my opinion as solidly as you are trying to paint it. No more than yours at least.

    Thanks for showing me that those adjectives were supplied by Rachael Ray. :wink:

    It would appear that this description indicates differently. Oh well.
    Rachael Ray offered, as it is her observation and her evaluation, Amanda Bynes agreement is something else entirely.

    Quote Originally Posted by Logos View Post
    No, that is simply my response to you being a smug ass in this thread. I was unaware that you were challenging me.
    If I am smug, then let me be like Johnny Cochran. If it fits, then you must admit.

    Quote Originally Posted by wikipedia
    She has since stated that she is "reevaluating" how to spend her social time. In the January 2009 issue of Cosmopolitan, Bynes stated: "I used to be known as the girl who was anti the club scene. But I'm finding a balance. I can have a drink and dance if I want. You have to go out to meet people and guys. I'm in that phase where I just want to have fun."
    Oh look at this...

  29. #29
    Logos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    5,406
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hkkmr View Post
    Rachael Ray offered, as it is her observation and her evaluation, Amanda Bynes agreement is something else entirely.
    It is something else entirely, which is why it is not a valuable place to judge her type. It is merely conversational agreement.

    Oh look at this...
    I have never been more convinced that she's SEI than I am now! Sold!
    "Alpha Quadra subforum. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ~Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Johari Box

  30. #30
    Glorious Member mu4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Mind
    Posts
    7,966
    Mentioned
    568 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Logos View Post
    It is something else entirely, which is why it is not a valuable place to judge her type. It is merely conversational agreement.
    Neither is, I think she's more ESE then SEI.

    At least I'm talking about things other then my opinion!

    Quote Originally Posted by Logos
    Some of those SEI celebrities are the party-animal ones that are quite different from Bynes. But Bynes is similar in disposition and desire to be "normal" much like Sandra Bullock (ESE), who Bynes considers one of her celebrity role models.
    My point with that blurb was to cast doubt on this. It's not there to make a point but to remove one. She's also had at least 8 boyfriends in the last 8 years, including a new one after dumping Paris Hilton's current BF. She's no angel...

  31. #31
    Logos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    5,406
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hkkmr View Post
    Neither is, I think she's more ESE then SEI.

    At least I'm talking about things other then my opinion!
    I am talking about Socionics apart from my opinion, so this is an unfair accusation.
    "Alpha Quadra subforum. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ~Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Johari Box

  32. #32
    Glorious Member mu4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Mind
    Posts
    7,966
    Mentioned
    568 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Logos View Post
    I am talking about Socionics apart from my opinion, so this is an unfair accusation.
    Maybe it's just your opinion about socionics.

  33. #33
    Logos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    5,406
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hkkmr View Post
    Maybe it's just your opinion about socionics.
    "Alpha Quadra subforum. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ~Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Johari Box

  34. #34
    Pretend like it's the weekend Banana Pancakes's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    your backyard
    Posts
    798
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Funny, Rachel Ray has the same voice as my friend's ESE wife.

    Amanda is a bit more reserved than rachel, but that's not conclusive proof of her being SEI.

    Both were pretty great
    ILE-Ti
    6w7 sx/sp (low level of confidence)

  35. #35
    Glorious Member mu4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Mind
    Posts
    7,966
    Mentioned
    568 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Logos View Post
    You are a introvert.. what am i supposed to expect.

  36. #36
    constant change electric sheep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    1,296
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hkkmr View Post
    You are a introvert.. what am i supposed to expect.
    The saddest ESFj

    ...

  37. #37
    Logos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    5,406
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default



    Two other ESEs in this video: Hayden Penettiere & Regis Philbin.
    * This video also shows that not all ESEs have to have the insane energy levels of Rachael Ray.
    "Alpha Quadra subforum. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ~Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Johari Box

  38. #38
    Contrarian Traditionalist Krig the Viking's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Canada's Prairie Farmland
    TIM
    C-LII
    Posts
    2,647
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Logos View Post
    Hayden Penettiere Interview on Regis & Kelly Show 07/08/2009

    Two other ESEs in this video: Hayden Penettiere & Regis Philbin.
    * This video also shows that not all ESEs have to have the insane energy levels of Rachael Ray.
    See, now that is more my speed. Much more relaxed fun than super-high-intensity fun.
    Quaero Veritas.

  39. #39
    Logos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    5,406
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Krig the Viking View Post
    See, now that is more my speed. Much more relaxed fun than super-high-intensity fun.
    I'll be sure to hook you up with Regis then. :wink:
    "Alpha Quadra subforum. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ~Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Johari Box

  40. #40
    Glorious Member mu4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Mind
    Posts
    7,966
    Mentioned
    568 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Logos View Post
    Hayden Penettiere Interview on Regis & Kelly Show 07/08/2009

    Two other ESEs in this video: Hayden Penettiere & Regis Philbin.
    * This video also shows that not all ESEs have to have the insane energy levels of Rachael Ray.
    So you bring another opinion on someone else's type as evidence? What if Hayden isn't ESE but another SEI-Fe or some other type. I'll bring some experiences, observations and opinions too.

    Anyways, this isn't important... Let me bring some personal experience and opinions with SEI-Fe and ESE-Si and ESE-Fe is the difference between...

    Typing are speculative

    ESE-Fe guy 24 hours partying, 7 nights a week, harsh choleric verbalization
    ESE-Si girl 60 hours work, 2 jobs, work out ~4 times a week, a few drinks after work most nights, softer verbalization but very constant stream of words, but more story telling and she is a girl so also more feminine topic
    SEI-Si guy Works hard, party 2 nights, needs some help keeping the energy level up
    SEI-Fe girl Diligent worker, normal average girl persona, crazy party girl twice a week, needs some help keeping the energy level up

    Amanda Bynes Photos | Who is Amanda Bynes dating? Boyfriend, Husband

    Based on Amanda Bynes dating history and choice of boys, I'm pretty sure this girls is soon to be or already a nose-candy aficionado.

    Anyways when she comes to Atlanta, I'll see if I can confirm her use thru the nose-candy experts hotline.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •