LSE
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Magnum P.I.

Magnum: LSE (played by LIE?)
    Rick: LIE (played by an EIE?)
    Higgins: ILI, maybe some sort of LSI/ILI hybrid?
    TC: XSI (played by Fe type?)

Tentatively, after about 1.5 episodes. (Two episodes from the first season)

Anyone see this show?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Magnum: IEE - In my opinion the best example of an IEE on television. The character I would say seems EP at the least. A disorderly, active lifestyle. Doing things by the seat of one's pants with no rules, no guidelines to follow. Other then a core moral compass. Which makes me think creative. And I would also peg him as Ne dominant in terms of being an EP. He constantly relies upon other people to help him, extrudes an aura of reliance, codependency on those around him.

Higgins: LIE - In my opinion a Te dominant. And gamma. I'd say the gamma thing is more obvious and comes out strongly in this character. The strong emphasis on bartering, nothing comes free, one has to earn, fight for somethign if one wants somethign from him. With the sole exception of when magnum uses which always work with him. He will always go along with morality, being humane, being a human being. His countless stories all center around this as well. And I don't think he is irrational. In the show he act as a contrast to Magnum's irrationality.

Rick: SLE - Haven't really payed much attention to this character. But I think the EP temperament and irrationality is much more likely then an EJ temperament. In fact, I can't really see an EJ temperament at all. He seems to be primarily fiery and impulsive, doing things without really thinking them through. Which is from my experience a typically Se dominant thing to do. They want action but need somebody with Ni there with them.

TC: ESI, EIE - Not sure about him. Haven't payed much attention to him. Though I think ESI works based on his relation to magnum. He always ends up holding the shorter end of the stick with magnum, complains furiously and constantly about this, but magnum perceives the situation as if there is absolutely no issue present.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmmm...

I don't see Higgins as LIE or any sort of EJ temperment. He's far too calm and collected. And I don't see his sense of bartering or precision as a matter of rationality or irrationality. I do generally see gamma values, though.

Rick, maybe. I haven't seen anything much with him. I just got a sense that he was fairly business minded, and he was said to be the one guy who finally turned the resort/place into making a profit

I suppose I can see Magnum as an IEE, but I don't see an aura of reliance on other people so far. I can see a delta extratim.

Maybe things will change the more I see the show.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok, I saw another episode, and, I can very much see Magnum as IEE. The episode in the first season where he deals with the old lady and her fake grand daughter made it very clear.