Landlord of the Dog and Duck Subteigh's Avatar
    TIM
    EII-Ne Sp/So
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Default Knitting

Which types do you think would enjoy knitting the most in your view? I would have thought it was -related myself, but I know of course that knitting isn't exclusively the domain of Si-valuing types.

Sauron, The Great Enemy ArchonAlarion's Avatar
    TIM
    Alpha NT 5w4 so/sx
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My sister is Fe INFp and she knits.

I can see Beta NF's knitting actually. They seem to enjoy doing those quaint/obselete turned nouvea-rad things.

But of course knitting is not type related.
    OPERATION POOPLAIR

Now conscripting, for more information come here: http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...48#post1003048

Creepy-Cyclops

It may have been Si related in times when one had to knit/produce ones own clothes. Now it seems more so a 'peculiar' quaint hobby, mostly done by females for some reason or other?

I know an LSE who knits, but this may be due to her college education in fashion design, she has an interest in clothes in general, she also dresses elegantly.

I agree with Archon that in general, knitting is more of an Beta NF thing if it's anything. Maybe-if I would relate it to socionics, which is pretty pointless imo in this, to weak Te types, as I don't think there's much practical point to it when one can aquire clothing these days for less than what it can cost to buy lunch, unless it's just as a hobby to relax or what have you.

Sowing on buttons for example is something different. I remember going to a shop to have some buttons sowed on to a jacket and the price was ridiculous. I went to a haberdash shop next to it, bought the thread, buttons and needle for a mere fraction of the cost, and found sowing them on was easy.

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I lack the time and patience to knit.
    LII-Ne with strong EII tendencies, 6w7-9w1-3w4 so/sp/sx, INxP

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My LIE mom knits these days, but she's terrible at it. Don't tell her I said so, though. Her stuff never fits my kids. It's all misshapen and weird.

My ESE MIL knits, and thinks I should knit as she thinks I'm not productive enough. So she showed me how. I'm knitting a scarf and I've done about 20 rows. I've been working on it for a few months.

I have a couple of other ESE friends who knit.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

TIM
    SLE
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

I don't knit, but I crochet all the time. I don't think it's type related.
    , Se-sub
    8w8-3w8-7w8 sx/sx

TIM
    SEE-Se
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I do it. Not so much lately, but before when I was SUPER stressed out all of the time I did. It was a way to help me unwind. (Honestly, the real reason I took it up is because I read a book suggesting that doing things like that can lead to higher levels of productivity, lol.)
    SEE-Se, 852 sx/so

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

my sister (ENFj) knits and is good at it. She does it because she has a LOT of nervous energy and it helps her sort of deal w/ it. Better than biting her nails.

She got my mom (ISFp) into it. It took her a while to like it, because it seemed like "work" at first. Or something like that. She now likes it, but is hesitant to try new types of projects out, but my sister sort of pushes her to expand her techniques.

Now they both knit really well. I tried it once but the "cast on" part confused me and then I saw something shiny and never returned to it.
    Hi! I'm an ENFP. :-)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can knit and crochet, but I don't any more b/c I don't like the style of most of the projects. It takes quite a while to finish one, too. I love all the different yarns, though. Preeeeetttty.
    IEE