Thread: so cute!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default so cute!

So this guy walks in the coffee place w/ his cute little girl (maybe 4-ish). For some reason he's a really obvious ISTp (possibly ISFp). He wants her to get a snack because it's pouring rain out. She is way pouty and really doesn't want to stay for some reason. He gives her a menu and she pouts and seems all ancy and uncomfortable. He explains that it's too wet outside to go home right now. She says something to him and he's like ok. So without a problem they get up to leave (but it seems cool, not like she pissed him off by wanting to go). She's like "can I hold the umbrella?" and he's like "yes."

Ok, so that was the cutest thing ever and he was probably an ISTp (or maybe ISFp) dad w/ what looked like an ENFp little girl. awww!
    Hi! I'm an ENFP. :-)

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TIM
    EII/INFj
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jewels View Post
    She's like "can I hold the umbrella?" and he's like "yes."
    I think I just melted hearing that in my mind.

This is when I do that "smiling frown" that some of you have seen trying desperately to hold back the overwhelming power of cute.
    INFj

9w1 sp/sx

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tereg View Post
    I think I just melted hearing that in my mind.

This is when I do that "smiling frown" that some of you have seen trying desperately to hold back the overwhelming power of cute.
    Now wait a minute. If a Mom had been the parent, would you have even noticed?
    ISTp
    SLI

Enneagram 5 with a side of wings.

TIM
    EII/INFj
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

INFj

9w1 sp/sx

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tereg View Post
    I guess I'm just not seeing it. They walk in, decide to go, and leave. Where's the cute? Is it because a Dad listened to his daughter? Is that so rare?
    ISTp
    SLI

TIM
    EII/INFj
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh, the way that I'm perceiving it is that the girl asked an unexpected question, and the question that is being asked is such an incredibly child-like innocent question. I'll try to think of an analogous situation.

It's like that stand-up special Dana Carvey had about 15 years ago, where he talks about his son Dex coming up to him randomly and asking him "Daddy, does God have feet?"

It's a question that under normal circumstances is completely out of left field but is incredibly innocent feeling given who is asking it.
    INFj

9w1 sp/sx

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I get that now. I guess it's just the ST in me missing the possibilities.

I took the cuteness to be, big dominant Dad yielding to the tiny little girls wishes.
    ISTp
    SLI

TIM
    NeFi
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cyrano View Post

I took the cuteness to be, big dominant Dad yielding to the tiny little girls wishes.
    There is something cute about big, tough man, to melt to cute, curious smile Or else, being an NeFi female would be a lot more boring

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The story is very cute.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyrano View Post

And so is this.

Ceci n'est pas une eii.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah I think I can "break down" the cuteness...

1) she's infantile AND a kid, so double infantile-ness. And instead of being like "NO, we're staying here. Or, it doesn't make sense to go out in the rain!" (I expected that reaction as he was very resolute about them staying "out of the rain" at first. He can see she's uncomfortable from her squirming and how her shoes are making squishy sounds (si concerns won out) and is cool w/ leaving. (I think if it had been a mom who was a delta ST it would have been just as cute).

2) Also cute is the fact he let her carry the umbrella, as that made absolutely no sense...she is obviously way too short to carry it over both of them. So unless she had a mini umbrella for herself or something...it was just silly.

It basically was just a caretaker's response to infantile needs and that was what was so cute to me. Where as other types would not value the infantile's wants (as being important).

TIM
    EII 6w5
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm with Cyrano on initially not knowing what was cute about this . Come to think of it, the last thing that I thought was cute happened a long time ago when I saw two little girls playing in a store and one of them was acting like she was sleeping, and then she'd "wake up" all of a sudden and then both of them would scream "good morning, how do you do?", then they'd shake hands and repeat the same thing for a few times, laughing all the while.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sereno View Post
    Come to think of it, the last thing that I thought was cute happened a long time ago ...
    You need to be around more cuteness.

TIM
    EII 6w5
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ryu View Post
    You need to be around more cuteness.
    hehe, I guess so.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hm. I think you have to be there to get it.
    IEE

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The cuteness was recognized by the extroverts (other than the Beta), but not by the introverts. I think this is type-related... or ? I shy away from relating a static function to this reaction, so producing. Have yet to find out whether an ESI or LSI is affected... (that is, whether it has to be valued ).

LII-Ne

"Come to think of it, there are already a million monkeys on a million typewriters, and the Usenet is NOTHING like Shakespeare!"
    - Blair Houghton

Johari

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Brilliand View Post
    The cuteness was recognized by the extroverts (other than the Beta), but not by the introverts. I think this is type-related... or ? I shy away from relating a static function to this reaction, so producing. Have yet to find out whether an ESI or LSI is affected... (that is, whether it has to be valued ).
    You may very well be onto something here! I'm flattered that this silly little interaction got such a good analysis However, the tone of it is amusing...like it's a scientific paper, expecially "the cuteness was recognized..."

TIM
    EII 6w5
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The question is if I'm doomed to a life devoid of cuteness perception. Is there treatment for this? I do think that this photo is "cute." Is there still hope for me??

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think you're doomed Sereno! Luckily cuteness is subjective! That puppy is cute, but not the cutest I've seen. Maybe the dog is an extrovert? lol I dunno

Creepy-Cyclops

I think the dog VI's like an ISTp. (It would maybe depend on how much the tail wags when it's fed though)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    I think the dog VI's like an ISTp. (It would maybe depend on how much the tail wags when it's fed though)
    I dunno...his little eyebrows look kind of worried/hesitant don't they? ISTps don't usually look worried to me. Completely silly discussion of course. Or actually...wouldn't dogs have socionics types too? They are pack animals...hmm

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jewels View Post
    So this guy walks in the coffee place w/ his cute little girl (maybe 4-ish). For some reason he's a really obvious ISTp (possibly ISFp). He wants her to get a snack because it's pouring rain out. She is way pouty and really doesn't want to stay for some reason. He gives her a menu and she pouts and seems all ancy and uncomfortable. He explains that it's too wet outside to go home right now. She says something to him and he's like ok. So without a problem they get up to leave (but it seems cool, not like she pissed him off by wanting to go). She's like "can I hold the umbrella?" and he's like "yes."

Ok, so that was the cutest thing ever and he was probably an ISTp (or maybe ISFp) dad w/ what looked like an ENFp little girl. awww!
    Ha ha You just made my day. I don't like using the word cute, but this story is just so damn cute! I can totally see it play out in my head
    Caregivers make the world go round
    n00bIEE