Thread: Hello - I'll be snuggling in for awhile

TIM
    No idea
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Hello - I'll be snuggling in for awhile.

After about a week of being SEI (interspersed with LII in between) I have decided to hang out in delta to check out if EII sticks or not.

It's really scary because every time I make a paradigm shift with regards to type, the type description seems to always fit me. Though I suppose, this is might be the way for quite a few people searching for their type.

Once again, open to suggestions.

TIM
    NeFi
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Welcome to Delta, at least for now :wink: I don't know much about you, I glazed over your intro post, but it was lots of wall of text that I wasn't involved in, so I didn't really have the will to read it all

How far are you into understanding the information elements (IE) and function placements? The first step would be to find what IEs you are skilled in, and which you value. Looking at quadra values will also help. My advice (and not everyone goes this way) is to stay away from dichotomies and easy groupings, because they are very attractive to beginners and can get you stuck on details that don't necessarily indicate type. Another important point is to know that IE + function placement =/= behaviors. There is a correlation that is hard to deny, but there isn't direct causation. For example, not all SiTe are social recluses who fix trucks (though I'm sure a few of us know one), so just because someone has an introverted leading function, this doesn't make them socially introverted (though, we see a higher amount of social introverts in this grouping).

Wikisocion is a great tool for beginning, but don't use it's descriptions as a crutch for your understanding for the types. It's better to think in the IEs and functions. What function placements do you identify with in the FiNe description, and what seems really off? Which parts of other type's descriptions do you find really identify you and which ones are completely not you?

TIM
    No idea
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok I think it'd take quite awhile before I can digest all the stuff on wikisocion.

I'll try my hand first on evaluating Fi as leading function.

For me, I see a lot of things based on the relationships I have with people. For example, I tend to evaluate my school experience on how close I am with my friends in school. Often, I'll be happy if I have a few close friends I can relate to. I usually hate it when I'm put into an environment of new people because it means that there is almost no relationship between me and other people other than acquaintance. However, I'll always try to stick to someone and draw that person closer to me, hopefully to become my friend. Sometimes the first person I stick with doesn't really become close to me later on in the school year and I end up being closer to someone else. Usually I'll just let it go then, because I think there are only certain limits to how close you can get to someone due to personality compatibility (nothing to do with socionics btw).

When someone is pissed with me, my whole world turns upside down. I'll try my best to reconcile the situation, although sometimes that is impossible and I'll just have to wait it out until things turn out for better or for worse.

One thing I really value in life is being able to talk about my feelings on a very close and personal level. Of course, I also value friends with whom I can joke around and relief stress. I tend to have more of the latter than the former though. However, whenever I find myself in a setting where everyone is just talking about their feelings (usually a small group), I tend to feel as if this is my element. But then again, it really depends on how close I am to those people in the small group; whether I'm close enough to share my feelings with them or not.

Also, there's this 'people pleasing' side of me. I always try to do or say the things that please other people. While I don't take it to the extreme, I find that I do this more than most people. I try to find the right reaction to their jokes, the right advise that makes them happy yet helps them, the right words to use when getting someone to do something without stressing them out (because for some reason I'm the group leader of a particular project). I also find myself going the extra mile for some people, especially if I sense the potential of furthering a friendship.

While most people are making fun of the odd-one-out in the class, I try to stay neutral. I'll try not to take part in nasty jokes against that person, nor will I deliberately stand up for that person (in the sense of telling others not to make fun of the person behind his back). This way, I'm neither hurting the person nor alienating myself from my other friends who are making fun of him behind his back. I will actually feel really bad if I made a joke about that person. Depending on the person, I may actually try to befriend that person, or at least be nice to them. Sometimes if their behaviour is irritating, I'll do my best to tolerate it.

I find that sometimes people tend to come and talk to me about their problems e.g. depression, bulimia, anxiety, friendships, bgrs. While it's not really a LOT of people, but there are people who do so. I always enjoy those sessions and I'll try my best to be a listening ear and an encouraging friend.

Hmm... I don't know what else I can write to justify Fi for my leading function. It may very well not be the case as well. So... hope you guys can help out!

Creepy-Cyclops

Your avatars somewhat amusing.

Creepy-Cyclops

Quote Originally Posted by CeruleanFlame View Post
    Ok I think it'd take quite awhile before I can digest all the stuff on wikisocion.

I'll try my hand first on evaluating Fi as leading function.

For me, I see a lot of things based on the relationships I have with people. For example, I tend to evaluate my school experience on how close I am with my friends in school. Often, I'll be happy if I have a few close friends I can relate to. I usually hate it when I'm put into an environment of new people because it means that there is almost no relationship between me and other people other than acquaintance. However, I'll always try to stick to someone and draw that person closer to me, hopefully to become my friend. Sometimes the first person I stick with doesn't really become close to me later on in the school year and I end up being closer to someone else. Usually I'll just let it go then, because I think there are only certain limits to how close you can get to someone due to personality compatibility (nothing to do with socionics btw).

When someone is pissed with me, my whole world turns upside down. I'll try my best to reconcile the situation, although sometimes that is impossible and I'll just have to wait it out until things turn out for better or for worse.

One thing I really value in life is being able to talk about my feelings on a very close and personal level. Of course, I also value friends with whom I can joke around and relief stress. I tend to have more of the latter than the former though. However, whenever I find myself in a setting where everyone is just talking about their feelings (usually a small group), I tend to feel as if this is my element. But then again, it really depends on how close I am to those people in the small group; whether I'm close enough to share my feelings with them or not.

Also, there's this 'people pleasing' side of me. I always try to do or say the things that please other people. While I don't take it to the extreme, I find that I do this more than most people. I try to find the right reaction to their jokes, the right advise that makes them happy yet helps them, the right words to use when getting someone to do something without stressing them out (because for some reason I'm the group leader of a particular project). I also find myself going the extra mile for some people, especially if I sense the potential of furthering a friendship.

While most people are making fun of the odd-one-out in the class, I try to stay neutral. I'll try not to take part in nasty jokes against that person, nor will I deliberately stand up for that person (in the sense of telling others not to make fun of the person behind his back). This way, I'm neither hurting the person nor alienating myself from my other friends who are making fun of him behind his back. I will actually feel really bad if I made a joke about that person. Depending on the person, I may actually try to befriend that person, or at least be nice to them. Sometimes if their behaviour is irritating, I'll do my best to tolerate it.

I find that sometimes people tend to come and talk to me about their problems e.g. depression, bulimia, anxiety, friendships, bgrs. While it's not really a LOT of people, but there are people who do so. I always enjoy those sessions and I'll try my best to be a listening ear and an encouraging friend.

Hmm... I don't know what else I can write to justify Fi for my leading function. It may very well not be the case as well. So... hope you guys can help out!
    You sound like an ethical type to me, but not an Fe type.

TIM
    No idea
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So... that means Fi right. Lol

TIM
    NeFi
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Basically, my best answer is to learn Socionics It's rude, I know, but you are the best judge of who you are, and I got some impression from what you wrote, but I can see it taken from many points of view. There's no real rush with learning Socionics, you as a person already exist and so does your way of thinking and personality... Finding your type doesn't change who you are. So it's better to take your time, learn the IEs, learn functions, and build a sound case for your type.

TIM
    No idea
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Actually I will do just that. What you're saying makes a lot of good sense