Thread: Little things that ISFp’s can do to improve themselves

TIM
    No idea
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Little things that ISFp’s can do to improve themselves

Edit: This list is completely flawed and useless due to my lack of insight and understanding. Please have a good laugh and don't take it seriously. Thanks

Little things that ISFp’s can do to improve themselves:

1) When you know you can’t do something, say “I’m sorry, but I don’t think I can do this.”

2) When you don’t feel like doing something, say “I’m sorry, but I don’t feel like doing this.” Explain if necessary.

3) When you don’t feel like doing something now, but have the intention of doing it later, say “I’m sorry, but I don’t feel like doing this now. Maybe later.”

4) Even when you’re feeling crappy, there are things that have to be done. For those things that have to be done, grit your teeth and do it anyway. You can find plenty of time to chill on the sofa and sip on your favourite drink later.

5) Sometimes you’re feeling crappy and there are stuff that don’t really need to be done… yet. So take some time and write down your crappy feelings on paper. Once it’s out there, you’ll feel much better. You may even start to feel like you want to do something with that pile of work that’s going to be due soon.

6) There are times when you’re with people but for some reason you’re feeling crappy. It could be a problem with you, or with the people you’re with. Whatever it is, excuse yourself and take a breather. A walk alone will do you some good.

7) When you do or say something stupid and other people gets pissed at you, for an ISFp you’ll probably feel REALLY bad. Immediately shut up, try to be as alone as possible, and feel as bad as you possibly can. Once you’re done with emo-ing, it’s best to leave negative thinking behind. Let time heal all wounds, and try not to make that mistake again.

8) Forgive yourself. When you see someone make a social mistake, you might tend to feel really bad for that person, but you won’t think of it as a really big deal or nurse a grudge against that person (unless he or she did something personal against you, even then you’ll probably not be pissed for too long). In the same way when you make a mistake, most people tend to forgive you over time. Some don’t even think of it as a big deal. So forgive yourself as well.

9) Do your best to help others. A kind deed a day will actually make you brighten up, especially when you’re feeling emo.

10) Give yourself more space and time to do projects. If it’s something big, don’t think that you can finish it as fast as other people can. Sometimes you may feel crappy or uninspired. During these times, you can’t force anything out. If the deadline is very soon, refer to point 4, and except the result even if it isn’t to your expectation. Otherwise, always make sure you still have plenty of free time because you may take longer than expected to complete a project. If you give yourself more time, you will produce better work (assuming you actually took time to think about it), and you won’t kick yourself in the butt for not having finished the whole thing in one day.

11) Eat well and exercise. There’s always a time for enjoying good food and lazing about, but during normal days, do your best to eat healthily and exercise if possible. Take the stairs, not the lifts. Do some press ups. A few crunches. Go running every two or three days. Doing this will also help dispel the ‘ISFp’s are fat’ stereotype. I found it particularly useful to make exercise fun. Play a ball game with your friends. Or find a wall and play a ball game with it. ISFp’s can make magic happen with anything.

12) Enjoy doing something, but don’t overdo it. To most ISFp’s, if X activity is fun for 15 minutes, then it should still be fun for another 15 minutes. However, sometimes this is not so. We tend to know this, but ignore it (Si > Ni). If we continue indulging in X activity, and it doesn’t feel good, we’ll start to wonder, ‘Hey, it SHOULD feel good. But it doesn’t.’ When this happens, it’s time to stop and rest, or go do something else. If not, it’ll be like grinding your head on a rock. I guess this may apply to younger ISFp’s only. Older ISFp’s tend to learn that through bad experience and adapt accordingly.

13) Don’t think too much, especially without supervision. Usually when we think too much, we tend to get lost in tangled webs of unsorted thoughts. This is because of weak logic. When this happens, it’s best to find an INTj or ENTp to sort it out.

14) There are many sides to an ISFp. Sometimes you’re down, sometime’s you’re high, sometimes you feel like sticking to some incredibly well-thought out schedule but lack the will-power to actually persevere with it, sometimes you just want to slack on the sofa, turn on a nice video, and chow. There are times when you wish ‘Why can’t I just be in one state for the rest of my life.’ Usually this happens when you’re in an optimal state. However, like a sine graph, life is made of ups and downs. Take the bad as it comes and enjoy the good as they last.

I realized that some of these things apply to most, if not all types in general. But ISFp’s will always stand to benefit if they keep them in mind. Also, a lot of the stuff written here seems to involve Ni + Te more than Si + Fe. I suppose any type will need their superego block to mitigate the ill effects of abusing the ego block.
    Last edited by Reuben; 07-28-2009 at 01:46 PM.

TIM
    SEI, 9
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh I seriously feel like telling you about some little things you can do to improve yourself.

TIM
    SEI, 9
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TIM
    No idea
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry, really didn't mean for it to sound preachy or critical or anything. Just thought I'd post some ideas on how us as SEI's can improve ourselves. If you're really offended I'll just take it down.
    Last edited by Reuben; 07-27-2009 at 01:10 PM.

I had words here once, but I didn't feed them Khola aka Bee's Avatar
    TIM
    Meat Popsicle
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You make it sound like a fucking mental disease. Practice a little tact.

TIM
    SEI, 9
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CeruleanFlame View Post
    Sorry, really didn't mean for it to sound preachy or critical or anything. Just thought I'd post some ideas on how us as SEI's can improve ourselves. If you're really offended I'll just take it down.
    I didn't realise you were typing yourself as SEI. erm lol Leave it up for amusement's sake by all means. I think it does come across as tremendously Fi-ish, Te-ish?, unAlpha-ish advice though.

Creepy-male

Quote Originally Posted by Rubicon View Post
    I didn't realise you were typing yourself as SEI. erm lol Leave it up for amusement's sake by all means. I think it does come across as tremendously Fi-ish, Te-ish?, unAlpha-ish advice though.
    Implying what? That Deltas are boring?

TIM
    SEI, 9
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Coolanzon View Post
    Implying what? That Deltas are boring?
    Mr C. Fridge, is it? No .. certainly not boring. *snicker*

TIM
    No idea
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah. Well. I actually reread it and realized how offensive it sounded. Especially when you take it from the approach of 'I'm really pissed off at how SEI's behave and they should really do this and that to make everyone's life better.' Honestly this isn't where I'm coming from.

I think the word to describe the way it sounds is didactic.

Hmmm... I'm starting to doubt my alpha-ness.

TIM
    SEI, 9
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah. Well. I actually reread it and realized how offensive it sounded. Especially when you take it from the approach of 'I'm really pissed off at how SEI's behave and they should really do this and that to make everyone's life better.' Honestly this isn't where I'm coming from.

I think the word to describe the way it sounds is didactic.

Hmmm... I'm starting to doubt my alpha-ness.
    Aw don't beat yourself up about it. I didn't think it was offensive so much as just unhelpful or wrong. Someone simply telling me to do something .. or me telling myself to do something for that matter is pretty much just water off a duck's back unless I actually want to do something about it. And my legs will move of their own accord if I need to go for a walk.

TIM
    No idea
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok. I think that seems to imply that I'm EII not SEI. First of all I cannot identify with the thing about doing things only when you feel like it. To me it is probably a distant ideal that I cannot reach. And the beating myself up about stuff like this... sounds a bit Fi-ish. Being harsh on myself.

Creepy-male

Quote Originally Posted by Rubicon View Post
    Mr C. Fridge, is it? No .. certainly not boring. *snicker*

Glad I could be of service

TIM
    SEI, 9
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok. I think that seems to imply that I'm EII not SEI. First of all I cannot identify with the thing about doing things only when you feel like it. To me it is probably a distant ideal that I cannot reach. And the beating myself up about stuff like this... sounds a bit Fi-ish. Being harsh on myself.
    Sorry .. you probably didn't need the falling bricks then. Well it's interesting to read now .. coming from the point of view of how an EII motivates himself to do things.

TIM
    No idea
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, compared to you, my way is probably very painful lol. Thanks for the understanding

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

13) Don’t think too much, especially without supervision. Usually when we think too much, we tend to get lost in tangled webs of unsorted thoughts. This is because of weak logic. When this happens, it’s best to find an INTj or ENTp to sort it out.
    LOLOL logic isn't necessary to think successfully

TIM
    Meat Popsicle
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

U is forgivenz

Pretend like it's the weekend Banana Pancakes's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OMG worst advice ever. Half of these are things they already have handled fine (do something nice for people? that's how they spend most of their time already) and the rest are insulting and unnecessary. Attacking Si and jabbing Te POLR =!= good advice for SEI.

Good thing you're not typing yourself SEI anymore.
    ILE-Ti
    6w7 sx/sp (low level of confidence)

TIM
    Meat Popsicle
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Banana Pancakes View Post
    OMG worst advice ever. Half of these are things they already have handled fine (do something nice for people? that's how they spend most of their time already) and the rest are insulting and unnecessary. Attacking Si and jabbing Te POLR =!= good advice for SEI.

Good thing you're not typing yourself SEI anymore.
    Thank you, I was starting to feel rather unsure of myself, possibly that I was going slightly insane. Some of those I would consider as my strongest points. <3
    Last edited by Khola aka Bee; 07-28-2009 at 06:41 AM.
    Hello, my name is Bee. Pleased to meet you .

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Are ISFps inclined to make lists or like making lists?

Pretend like it's the weekend Banana Pancakes's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Knight View Post
    Are ISFps inclined to make lists or like making lists?
    that's more ESE
    ILE-Ti
    6w7 sx/sp (low level of confidence)

Tailchaser
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default whaaat???

Wow, I really couldn't finish the list....it wasn't preachy, it was inaccurate. It feels great to be alive (for now haha, we do ebb and flow) and I never have to get off the couch, I can't stay on it long enough to finish a movie, usually attempting to finish the 400 things I started and haven't finished yet! lol
    Boredom is hell, schedules are hellish and both chase me round the room.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Edit: This list is completely flawed and useless due to my lack of insight and understanding. Please have a good laugh and don't take it seriously. Thanks
    didnt see that part until i'd criticized the entire list
    Little things that ISFp’s can do to improve themselves:

1) When you know you can’t do something, say “I’m sorry, but I don’t think I can do this.”
    just say 'no'

2) When you don’t feel like doing something, say “I’m sorry, but I don’t feel like doing this.” Explain if necessary.
    dont explain, people will only manipulate you. say 'no'
    3) When you don’t feel like doing something now, but have the intention of doing it later, say “I’m sorry, but I don’t feel like doing this now. Maybe later.”
    just say you'll do it later, ditch the sorry

6) There are times when you’re with people but for some reason you’re feeling crappy. It could be a problem with you, or with the people you’re with. Whatever it is, excuse yourself and take a breather. A walk alone will do you some good.
    maybe a few xanax
    7) When you do or say something stupid and other people gets pissed at you, for an ISFp you’ll probably feel REALLY bad. Immediately shut up, try to be as alone as possible, and feel as bad as you possibly can. Once you’re done with emo-ing, it’s best to leave negative thinking behind. Let time heal all wounds, and try not to make that mistake again.
    act like a verbally abused child, repent through self flagellation, and promise to be perfect next time. great plan
    9) Do your best to help others. A kind deed a day will actually make you brighten up, especially when you’re feeling emo.
    promotes your codependency issues
    agreed

I realized that some of these things apply to most, if not all types in general. But ISFp’s will always stand to benefit if they keep them in mind. Also, a lot of the stuff written here seems to involve Ni + Te more than Si + Fe. I suppose any type will need their superego block to mitigate the ill effects of abusing the ego block.
    the best way to improve is to focus on your dual seeking functions, not your superego functions. superego functions will give you a goal you never seem able to fulfill. focus on Ti & Ne instead. you'll be a better person and you'll enjoy it at the same time