Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tuturututu View Post
    No.

Often.

LII
    My mom said the same about my LII sister, although She is the most athletic out of me EIE E-3w2 and my oldest sister LIE E7w8. My oldest LIE sister on the other hand, MY ESI mother said she can't stay still, if she see something that stands out she must touch it and my mom always thought she has ADD growing up, but I lean towards no and its more of the enneagram 7 behavior.
    Last edited by 07490; 07-25-2009 at 06:34 AM.
    (D)IEE~FI-(C)SLE~Ni E-5w4(Sp/Sx)/7w8(So/Sp)/9w1(sp/sx)

Quote Originally Posted by Jarno View Post
    1)
    A girl who I want to date, asks me: well first tell me how tall you are?
    My reply: well I will answer that, if you first tell me how much you weigh!

2)
    A girl I was dating said she was oh so great at sex etc, but she didn't do blowjobs.
    My reply: Oh I'm really romantic etc, I just will never take you out to dinner.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My IEI brother and I were both quiet, shy and obedient. Very easy kids, according to her.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Creepy-Pied Piper

Removed at User Request

Creepy-Pied Piper

Removed at User Request

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ephemeros View Post
    Oh... You might be my next target.
    HA, you are going to scare them away.

1)

2)
    A girl I was dating said she was oh so great at sex etc, but she didn't do blowjobs.

Creepy-Pied Piper

Removed at User Request

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So are you ESTp or ENTp now?

1)

2)

Creepy-Pied Piper

Removed at User Request

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ENTp. Do you relate Se to targeting?
    I hope you don't think I type people like that..., I only do so because you are targeting an INFp?

1)

2)

Creepy-Pied Piper

Removed at User Request

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Every time I ask my mother what I was like as a toddler, she always tells me the same thing:

"You used to be such a sweet, happy child. Then you turned into a rotten, mean-old kid!"

Anyway...what I know for sure (after asking her fifty million times) is that I was extremely easy to deal with and rarely cried.

Can't say anything definite about type, though.
    Binary or dichotomous systems, although regulated by a principle, are among the most artificial arrangements that have ever been invented. -- William Swainson, A Treatise on the Geography and Classification of Animals (1835)

Creepy-Pied Piper

Removed at User Request

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Aaah, ok then. I forgot how Beta victims see things . It's not about that, but a target for retyping. A possibility, not a promise, though.
    Beta victims, that terms sound as if I am willing to be raped by some /. ;-)

1)

2)

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No clue about any function? Se, Ne, Fi something?
    Eh, everyone's saying LII, so for now I'll just stick with that. I mean, I can totally get as a PoLR, and when I was talking with jason_m, our communication styles seemed pretty similar. Plus I have a whole ton of other evidence, so yeah, LII.
    Binary or dichotomous systems, although regulated by a principle, are among the most artificial arrangements that have ever been invented. -- William Swainson, A Treatise on the Geography and Classification of Animals (1835)

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Ask her how you were as a toddler. Were you loud and restless?
    rarely

Did you use to stay in the place you were put usually?
    ...revealing your type, of course.
    Most of the time

As a child I was very stubborn and resistant to being told what to do. I suppose the PoLR showed up at a young age.

I was very intelligent, mentally ahead of most of my peers but somewhat emotionally and socially immature.

I was very independent and good at keeping myself occupied. I could sit alone in my room for hours occupied with a good book. I didn't have much of a need for friends. I did have a couple of close friends who later moved away and have lost touch with.

In my teen years, I kind of did my own thing. I didn't fit in with my peers nor did I really want to. I was a nerd, which was fine by me.
    LII-Ne with strong EII tendencies, 6w7-9w1-3w4 so/sp/sx, INxP

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I never shut up, srsly my mom would buckle me into my car seat and i would just talk and talk and then all the sudden it would go quiet and that's how she knew i fell asleep. I was a very obedient child, my parents made sure of that *chuckles*
    Easy Day

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Loud and restless, definitely. But when they gave me something complicated or novel to play with, I would be silent for hours. My mother says there were two things I loved most: running around the house screaming, and reading books.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Creepy-Pied Piper

Removed at User Request

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I read that if you're born in evening/night, you'd not sleep at night. Is that your case? I'm at 8:45 PM and can't sleep but late in night, often in the morning.
    Not to say this theory is true or not, FTR, I am a hardcore insomniac, not one where I can't sleep but struggle with internal sleeping clock for life now. I was born on 6:00am in the mourning.

1)

2)

Creepy-male

Apparently I was a very active kid. Very energetic and a chatterbox.

And then I went to school

Creepy-male

I was born early afternoon, but I'm definitely an insomniac.

Kickin' ass and breakin' trends. Aww yeah!

Creepy-Cyclops

What happened to the night owl and the early bird theory?

TIM
    INTp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think that at that age it was actually the id and not the ego that would have been predominant.

Creepy-Pied Piper

Removed at User Request

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So, if we are Extroverted/Introverted since early childhood, wouldn't that mean that our type is defined that time, with a possibility to be born with it? The secret of the black sheep.
    this seems totally obvious to me, having had three kids of my own, each of whom have had the same personality from the day they were born until now. Even when I was pg with the twins, one of them was moving around all the time and the other one was completely quiet (that's still how they are).
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Creepy-Pied Piper

Removed at User Request

Creepy-male

Quote Originally Posted by Huitzilopochtli View Post
    I think that at that age it was actually the id and not the ego that would have been predominant.
    I was doubting this birth hour theory anyway.
    @Cyclops: it's a mess, as far as I can tell.

So guys, about the toddler apparent energy. Except Baby's case, all Extroverts were loud, restless, demanding or something. Not only that, but all the cases in my real life so far confirm this. The Introverts were quiet or dispassionate except when they needed anything.

So, if we are Extroverted/Introverted since early childhood, wouldn't that mean that our type is defined that time, with a possibility to be born with it? The secret of the black sheep.
    @This: I think type is determined at birth, actually. As we accumulate more experiences, functional preferences start showing up.

I think this is the case because Jung at least noted that he came across individuals with no clear functional strength, because all of them were the same. I don't see how something similar couldn't apply necessarily to Socionics.

--

Anyway, now we get to play with temperament (tempura peppermint, I tried to type that as ) and rationality/irrationality! Fun

TIM
    INTp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

in addition, it has been proven that identical twins separated at birth grow with different personalities...Cyclops has tried this kind of thing before

TIM
    INTp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Isha View Post
    Unless my id is still predominant at 22, that doesn't make any sense for me.

I appear to have been pretty much the same my whole life.
    You don't know that for a fact.

Don't identical twins tend to have different personalities anyway?

I don't think anyone is arguing that type is totally genetic. "Determined at birth" allows for in utero environmental factors for a start.
    Yes, they do. SO type is not genetic and probably not determined at birth, since there is not much to think, feel, intuit, or sense in the womb...but I could be wrong.

TIM
    INTp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And how did your "ID" manifested?
    I probably wanted to use extraverted thinking to subdue my parents and introverted sensing to just chill, since that is my real desire...since there was little chance that those desires would be satisfied, I resorted to to make them back down and to build a system around the conflict.

Quote Originally Posted by Coolanzon View Post
    @This: I think type is determined at birth, actually. As we accumulate more experiences, functional preferences start showing up.

I think this is the case because Jung at least noted that he came across individuals with no clear functional strength, because all of them were the same. I don't see how something similar couldn't apply necessarily to Socionics.

--

Anyway, now we get to play with temperament (tempura peppermint, I tried to type that as ) and rationality/irrationality! Fun
    That makes no sense, why would function preference come after type?

Creepy-Pied Piper

Removed at User Request

Creepy-male

Quote Originally Posted by Huitzilopochtli View Post
    That makes no sense, why would function preference come after type?
    Oops, my bad. I meant that the strong functions have more experiences to draw on and communicate.

Actually, suddenly, I've completely lost my train of thought on this one.

Creepy-Pied Piper

Removed at User Request

TIM
    INTp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Huitzilopochtli: considering we may consider children as more "physiological", it makes sense in theory to use the Id in infancy. But what about statistical observation? Except some cases, the extroverts are "energetic" in infancy, too.
    I know energetic IPs and quiet EJs...temperament is not so much the amount of energy as whether it is directed at the self or others

Creepy-Pied Piper

Removed at User Request

TIM
    INTp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would certainly be a better judge of it than you.
    But would you be a good judge at all? (lol, how objectivist)

I never actually made a judgment, so you are at least correct in that.

One thing is certain, since every atom in your body is completely replaced every 7 years and entropy is always increasing, I'm sure you are at least a little different...for instance, you have undergone development in association with puberty (I hope) since your early childhood, and you are different enough to make puberty as a process worth naming, correct?

Creepy-Pied Piper

Removed at User Request
    Last edited by Pied Piper; 07-25-2009 at 01:12 PM.

TIM
    INTp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Puberty, physical growth and replacement of atoms is well beyond the context of my statement and of the thread.
    Not at all. The context was, are you different. If your personality is manifested by such mood evoking neurotransmitters as serotonin, certainly hormones would have an effect? In fact some neurotransmitters are used in different types of IM...for example melatonin sets the sleep cycle based on sensed daylight and can be reduced with artificial light (it is also known to suppress the libido by way of luteinizing hormone and follicle stimulating hormone); however, dopamine, which allows attention-based concentration to be focused by reward anticipation and hence intuition, if blocked prevents the subject from being able to focus on a simple task...this can be reversed by introducing a dopamine-like agent in the nervous system.

Even the atoms in the nervous system? That would mean all your memory would disappear, at least if the same structure is not kept.

A little difference between a Sensing type (you) and an Intuitive one (Huitz) - although he still thinks he's sensing .
    Not at all, most of the machinery in the cell is meant to repair and maintain itself...the reason neurons don't replicate is because the axons use the same microtubules that would separate chromosomes in mitosis or propel bacteria as a flagellum, but both types of cells are maintained while they are alive, and new connections and synapses are reinforced with use in accordance with Hebbian plasticity, like RAM instead of ROM.

I am a sensor because everything I perceive is completely concrete and empirical to the last detail.
    Last edited by Nexus; 07-25-2009 at 02:11 PM.

Creepy-Pied Piper

Removed at User Request
    Last edited by Pied Piper; 07-25-2009 at 02:57 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast