Thread: Delta compared to Alpha, Beta, and Gamma Quadra

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Delta compared to Alpha, Beta, and Gamma Quadra

I'm new at this, so what makes Deltas different from the lesser three quads?

del*ta - 1. the fourth letter of the Greek alphabet. 2. anything triangular, like the Greek capital 3. a nearly flat plain of alluvial deposit between between diverging brances of the mouth of a river.
    ISTp
    SLI

Enneagram 5 with a side of wings.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

a good link
    Delta Quadra - Wikisocion

Perception of other quadras

[edit] Alpha

Deltas tend to see Alpha types as fun company and interesting people to discuss ideas and prospects with, but naive and inconsistent in their personal and business relationships. Alpha types seem to lack the common sense to turn their fun and creative energy into something productive and often seem overly idealistic.
    [edit] Beta

Deltas tend to see Beta types as people who "dream big" and always want to turn things into grandiose endeavors, yet can't manage day-to-day affairs effectively. Also, Beta types seem unwilling to consider things from the point of view of others, which gives them a streak of meanness and cruelty.
    [edit] Gamma

Deltas tend to see Gamma types as driven and reliable in personal and business relationships, but not sufficiently understanding of people who want to pursue their own individual path in life. Gamma types sometimes become too demanding and can have a streak of vindictiveness or spitefulness which prevents them from being accepting and forgiving.

Delta gets its name because there simply are four quadras. Delta is forth, perhaps, because it is thought of as "the older quadra"; each quadra representing things characteristic to a certain time period in human lifespan... alphas being childish, betas being teenagers, gammes being adults, and deltas as the elders.

It may also somewhat be related to the founder being ENTp, and her deciding to start "quadras" there. I am particularly unsure about the previous sentence, however. Someone who knows more history about socionics might be able to say.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Also, for a particularly interesting take on quadras....

(choppy russian translation)
    http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...elay-race.html

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ryu View Post
    a good link
    Delta Quadra - Wikisocion

Delta gets its name because there simply are four quadras. Delta is forth, perhaps, because it is thought of as "the older quadra"; each quadra representing things characteristic to a certain time period in human lifespan... alphas being childish, betas being teenagers, gammes being adults, and deltas as the elders.

It may also somewhat be related to the founder being ENTp, and her deciding to start "quadras" there. I am particularly unsure about the previous sentence, however. Someone who knows more history about socionics might be able to say.
    Wow! That's pretty much how I was thinking. I also found this....

Originally Posted by Topaz
    @schrödinger's cat: when you look at the conscious and unconscious attitudes of Delta, which are you can see that we all agree on certain lines of thinking and action. For example is about bodily comfort, beauty and simplicity and cleanliness (at least I think it is ) So all of Delta have that as a particular value. is about logic and objective order and just plain commo sense, also efficency and not wasting recources. Definitely Delta Values. says Delta is about fantasy, potential and originality, making something useful out of something old, creating an idealized world (or apartment :wink: ) Finally Is about good relations. The unexpressed ethical logic of human relations. Being peaceful with others, acting in harmony. All of Delta value that. Each of these quality out of neccesity has to repress the opposite value in order to function. That doesnt mean there has to be war with the opposite quad but it does demonstrate the tension that can arrise.
    is out there, power, position, strength, push, pull, grab. is more smell, taste, texture, color, space, relaxation, calm. in your face emotions; anger, passion, love, crying, rejoicing, ennui etc. does not like its emotions laid out for the public to walk on. It is subtle, removed, focused on principles and intergrity etc. All that personal emotion is reserved for just a few. Everyone else gets principled kindness. wants to make systems and come up with its own way of classifying everything. It goes deep into its own view seeking to perfect it. is not trying to reinvent the wheel. If it aint broke dont fix it - Use it and get some work done, for crying out loud.
    I think Delta is like an egg. beautiful and simple efficient and protective full of potential, a new life Life a value that everyone can see as precious and good.
    ISTp
    SLI

TIM
    EII 6w5
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cyrano View Post
    I'm new at this, so what makes Deltas different from the lesser three quads?

del*ta - 1. the fourth letter of the Greek alphabet. 2. anything triangular, like the Greek capital 3. a nearly flat plain of alluvial deposit between between diverging brances of the mouth of a river.
    There is one thing about the Delta descriptions that I think is inaccurate, and it's that Deltas are this wise and mature quadra. We deltas can be just as immature as other quadras, minus the "crazy" type of immaturity though. I've noticed that idealism and naivety has a way of going hand and hand as well.

Something that I don't quite get is how someone is supposed to know if you belong to a certain quadra. Do I give off a Delta vibe? How about an INFj vibe? I don't think there's a clear cut way to determine it.

TIM
    IEE-Ne
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sereno View Post
    There is one thing about the Delta descriptions that I think is inaccurate, and it's that Deltas are this wise and mature quadra.
    Delta information pipeline is considered mature, not the individuals. Besides, maturity is not implicitly better than any other stage.
    [] | NP | 3[6w5]8 so/sp | Type thread | My typing of forum members | Johari (Strengths) | Nohari (Weaknesses)

You know what? You're an individual, and that makes people nervous. And it's gonna keep making people nervous for the rest of your life.
    - Ole Golly from Harriet, the spy.

Creepy-Cyclops

Quote Originally Posted by mikemex View Post
    Delta information pipeline is considered mature,
    What does this mean? Their information pipeline would surely be Si/Ne? and their judgement pipeline Te/Fi?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Topaz?
    I think Delta is like an egg. beautiful and simple efficient and protective full of potential, a new life Life a value that everyone can see as precious and good.
    While a bit vague and oversimplified, this fits delta pretty well as a one-liner. Also, delta is basically the "mature" quadra for its place in the internal socion cycle.; its the stabilizing of the macro-internal processes of the socion.

Or to put it in more familiar terms:
    Practical.
    Greek Agape.
    Enterprising.
    Nurtuiring.
    Wond'ring aloud, How we feel today. Last night sipped the sunset, My hand in her hair. We are our own saviours, As we start both our hearts, Beating life Into each other. ~Ian Anderson

Farewell, comrades Not A Communist Shill's Avatar
    TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tom View Post
    Nurtuiring.
    OMG! Si = aunts stuffing you with milk and cookies!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Si = the caretaker who consistently focuses on maintaining a favorable environment.
    Wond'ring aloud, How we feel today. Last night sipped the sunset, My hand in her hair. We are our own saviours, As we start both our hearts, Beating life Into each other. ~Ian Anderson

Sauron, The Great Enemy ArchonAlarion's Avatar
    TIM
    Yet to be determined
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Subterranean View Post
    OMG! Si = aunts overstuffing you with milk and cookies!
    In an intimate relationship I'd expect a caregiver to "nurture". To maintain a certain environment condusive to the continuation of our bond.

That doesn't mean Si is "nurturing" or "perceives comfort". It means that within the context of relationships (usually more intimate or at least close) it means that Si behavior can be described as "nurturing"
    The end is nigh

TIM
    Yet to be determined
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

wow tom we are of like mind lol
    The end is nigh

Creepy-Cyclops

Quote Originally Posted by Subterranean View Post
    OMG! Si = aunts stuffing you with milk and cookies!
    I'll give your aunt a good stuffing.

Creepy-male

Quote Originally Posted by Sereno View Post
    There is one thing about the Delta descriptions that I think is inaccurate, and it's that Deltas are this wise and mature quadra. We deltas can be just as immature as other quadras, minus the "crazy" type of immaturity though. I've noticed that idealism and naivety has a way of going hand and hand as well.
    I'm also starting to think Delta has this slightly subversive element to it. In an awesome way.

I forgot why I think that, though. Maybe I'll have a brainwave today.

Creepy-Cyclops

Quote Originally Posted by ArchonAlarion View Post
    In an intimate relationship I'd expect a caregiver to "nurture". To maintain a certain environment condusive to the continuation of our bond.

That doesn't mean Si is "nurturing" or "perceives comfort". It means that within the context of relationships (usually more intimate or at least close) it means that Si behavior can be described as "nurturing"
    If we feed our partners lots of cookies then they'll get a fatter ass so they'll be even more comfortable when sitting down.

TIM
    Yet to be determined
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In the socion cycle, Deltas stabalize resources and tie up loose ends in preparation for the Alpha paradigm shift (which they are unaware of and will eventually come to resent even as they unknowingly set the foundations).
    The end is nigh

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    I'll give your aunt a good stuffing.
    Pffffftt hahahahahahahaha

Quote Originally Posted by ArchonAlarion View Post
    In the socion cycle, Deltas stabalize resources and tie up loose ends in preparation for the Alpha paradigm shift (which they are unaware of and will eventually come to resent even as they unknowingly set the foundations).
    Or not resent, if they see the continuation of the cycle as an unending form of stability. The lack of Fi is a bit ruinous, though.

TIM
    Yet to be determined
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ruinous powers of CHAOS.

Si + Fe
    The end is nigh

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ISTPJIM YOU CHANGED YOUR NAME!
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cyrano View Post
    Wow! That's pretty much how I was thinking. I also found this....

Originally Posted by Topaz
    @schrödinger's cat: when you look at the conscious and unconscious attitudes of Delta, which are you can see that we all agree on certain lines of thinking and action. For example is about bodily comfort, beauty and simplicity and cleanliness (at least I think it is ) So all of Delta have that as a particular value. is about logic and objective order and just plain commo sense, also efficency and not wasting recources. Definitely Delta Values. says Delta is about fantasy, potential and originality, making something useful out of something old, creating an idealized world (or apartment :wink: ) Finally Is about good relations. The unexpressed ethical logic of human relations. Being peaceful with others, acting in harmony. All of Delta value that. Each of these quality out of neccesity has to repress the opposite value in order to function. That doesnt mean there has to be war with the opposite quad but it does demonstrate the tension that can arrise.
    is out there, power, position, strength, push, pull, grab. is more smell, taste, texture, color, space, relaxation, calm. in your face emotions; anger, passion, love, crying, rejoicing, ennui etc. does not like its emotions laid out for the public to walk on. It is subtle, removed, focused on principles and intergrity etc. All that personal emotion is reserved for just a few. Everyone else gets principled kindness. wants to make systems and come up with its own way of classifying everything. It goes deep into its own view seeking to perfect it. is not trying to reinvent the wheel. If it aint broke dont fix it - Use it and get some work done, for crying out loud.
    That's a bit simplified but accurate. There was another old post by the same user on the same subject that went something like "if you're Delta then you like this&that and dislike this&that..." that was even shorter but very Delta-esque. I'll see if I can find it.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Winterpark View Post
    ISTPJIM YOU CHANGED YOUR NAME!
    Witness protection program. shhh.
    ISTp
    SLI