Results 1 to 21 of 21

Thread: Delta compared to Alpha, Beta, and Gamma Quadra

  1. #1
    without the nose Cyrano's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Columbus, Ohio USA
    Posts
    1,021
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Delta compared to Alpha, Beta, and Gamma Quadra

    I'm new at this, so what makes Deltas different from the lesser three quads?

    del*ta - 1. the fourth letter of the Greek alphabet. 2. anything triangular, like the Greek capital 3. a nearly flat plain of alluvial deposit between between diverging brances of the mouth of a river.
    ISTp
    SLI

    Enneagram 5 with a side of wings.

  2. #2
    UDP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    East Coast West Coast Dirty South
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    14,826
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    a good link
    Delta Quadra - Wikisocion

    Perception of other quadras

    [edit] Alpha

    Deltas tend to see Alpha types as fun company and interesting people to discuss ideas and prospects with, but naive and inconsistent in their personal and business relationships. Alpha types seem to lack the common sense to turn their fun and creative energy into something productive and often seem overly idealistic.
    [edit] Beta

    Deltas tend to see Beta types as people who "dream big" and always want to turn things into grandiose endeavors, yet can't manage day-to-day affairs effectively. Also, Beta types seem unwilling to consider things from the point of view of others, which gives them a streak of meanness and cruelty.
    [edit] Gamma

    Deltas tend to see Gamma types as driven and reliable in personal and business relationships, but not sufficiently understanding of people who want to pursue their own individual path in life. Gamma types sometimes become too demanding and can have a streak of vindictiveness or spitefulness which prevents them from being accepting and forgiving.

    Delta gets its name because there simply are four quadras. Delta is forth, perhaps, because it is thought of as "the older quadra"; each quadra representing things characteristic to a certain time period in human lifespan... alphas being childish, betas being teenagers, gammes being adults, and deltas as the elders.

    It may also somewhat be related to the founder being ENTp, and her deciding to start "quadras" there. I am particularly unsure about the previous sentence, however. Someone who knows more history about socionics might be able to say.

  3. #3
    UDP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    East Coast West Coast Dirty South
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    14,826
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Also, for a particularly interesting take on quadras....

    (choppy russian translation)
    http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...elay-race.html

  4. #4
    without the nose Cyrano's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Columbus, Ohio USA
    Posts
    1,021
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ryu View Post
    a good link
    Delta Quadra - Wikisocion




    Delta gets its name because there simply are four quadras. Delta is forth, perhaps, because it is thought of as "the older quadra"; each quadra representing things characteristic to a certain time period in human lifespan... alphas being childish, betas being teenagers, gammes being adults, and deltas as the elders.

    It may also somewhat be related to the founder being ENTp, and her deciding to start "quadras" there. I am particularly unsure about the previous sentence, however. Someone who knows more history about socionics might be able to say.
    Wow! That's pretty much how I was thinking. I also found this....

    Originally Posted by Topaz
    @schrödinger's cat: when you look at the conscious and unconscious attitudes of Delta, which are you can see that we all agree on certain lines of thinking and action. For example is about bodily comfort, beauty and simplicity and cleanliness (at least I think it is ) So all of Delta have that as a particular value. is about logic and objective order and just plain commo sense, also efficency and not wasting recources. Definitely Delta Values. says Delta is about fantasy, potential and originality, making something useful out of something old, creating an idealized world (or apartment :wink: ) Finally Is about good relations. The unexpressed ethical logic of human relations. Being peaceful with others, acting in harmony. All of Delta value that. Each of these quality out of neccesity has to repress the opposite value in order to function. That doesnt mean there has to be war with the opposite quad but it does demonstrate the tension that can arrise.
    is out there, power, position, strength, push, pull, grab. is more smell, taste, texture, color, space, relaxation, calm. in your face emotions; anger, passion, love, crying, rejoicing, ennui etc. does not like its emotions laid out for the public to walk on. It is subtle, removed, focused on principles and intergrity etc. All that personal emotion is reserved for just a few. Everyone else gets principled kindness. wants to make systems and come up with its own way of classifying everything. It goes deep into its own view seeking to perfect it. is not trying to reinvent the wheel. If it aint broke dont fix it - Use it and get some work done, for crying out loud.
    I think Delta is like an egg. beautiful and simple efficient and protective full of potential, a new life Life a value that everyone can see as precious and good.
    ISTp
    SLI

    Enneagram 5 with a side of wings.

  5. #5
    Lobo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    TIM
    EII 6w5
    Posts
    2,080
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cyrano View Post
    I'm new at this, so what makes Deltas different from the lesser three quads?

    del*ta - 1. the fourth letter of the Greek alphabet. 2. anything triangular, like the Greek capital 3. a nearly flat plain of alluvial deposit between between diverging brances of the mouth of a river.
    There is one thing about the Delta descriptions that I think is inaccurate, and it's that Deltas are this wise and mature quadra. We deltas can be just as immature as other quadras, minus the "crazy" type of immaturity though. I've noticed that idealism and naivety has a way of going hand and hand as well.

    Something that I don't quite get is how someone is supposed to know if you belong to a certain quadra. Do I give off a Delta vibe? How about an INFj vibe? I don't think there's a clear cut way to determine it.

  6. #6
    Éminence grise mikemex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Third Planet
    TIM
    IEE-Ne
    Posts
    1,631
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sereno View Post
    There is one thing about the Delta descriptions that I think is inaccurate, and it's that Deltas are this wise and mature quadra.
    Delta information pipeline is considered mature, not the individuals. Besides, maturity is not implicitly better than any other stage.
    [] | NP | 3[6w5]8 so/sp | Type thread | My typing of forum members | Johari (Strengths) | Nohari (Weaknesses)

    You know what? You're an individual, and that makes people nervous. And it's gonna keep making people nervous for the rest of your life.
    - Ole Golly from Harriet, the spy.

  7. #7
    Creepy-Cyclops

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mikemex View Post
    Delta information pipeline is considered mature,
    What does this mean? Their information pipeline would surely be Si/Ne? and their judgement pipeline Te/Fi?

  8. #8
    ESTj Tom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    562
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Topaz?
    I think Delta is like an egg. beautiful and simple efficient and protective full of potential, a new life Life a value that everyone can see as precious and good.
    While a bit vague and oversimplified, this fits delta pretty well as a one-liner. Also, delta is basically the "mature" quadra for its place in the internal socion cycle.; its the stabilizing of the macro-internal processes of the socion.

    Or to put it in more familiar terms:
    Practical.
    Greek Agape.
    Enterprising.
    Nurtuiring.
    Wond'ring aloud, How we feel today. Last night sipped the sunset, My hand in her hair. We are our own saviours, As we start both our hearts, Beating life Into each other. ~Ian Anderson

  9. #9
    Landlord of the Dog and Duck Subteigh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    TIM
    EII-Ne Sp/So
    Posts
    14,931
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tom View Post
    Nurtuiring.
    OMG! Si = aunts stuffing you with milk and cookies!

  10. #10
    ESTj Tom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    562
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Si = the caretaker who consistently focuses on maintaining a favorable environment.
    Wond'ring aloud, How we feel today. Last night sipped the sunset, My hand in her hair. We are our own saviours, As we start both our hearts, Beating life Into each other. ~Ian Anderson

  11. #11
    Sauron, The Great Enemy ArchonAlarion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    POOPLAIR
    TIM
    Alpha NT 5w4 so/sx
    Posts
    4,399
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Subterranean View Post
    OMG! Si = aunts overstuffing you with milk and cookies!
    In an intimate relationship I'd expect a caregiver to "nurture". To maintain a certain environment condusive to the continuation of our bond.

    That doesn't mean Si is "nurturing" or "perceives comfort". It means that within the context of relationships (usually more intimate or at least close) it means that Si behavior can be described as "nurturing"
    OPERATION POOPLAIR

    Now conscripting, for more information come here: http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...48#post1003048

  12. #12
    Sauron, The Great Enemy ArchonAlarion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    POOPLAIR
    TIM
    Alpha NT 5w4 so/sx
    Posts
    4,399
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    wow tom we are of like mind lol
    OPERATION POOPLAIR

    Now conscripting, for more information come here: http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...48#post1003048

  13. #13
    Creepy-Cyclops

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Subterranean View Post
    OMG! Si = aunts stuffing you with milk and cookies!
    I'll give your aunt a good stuffing.

  14. #14
    Creepy-male

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sereno View Post
    There is one thing about the Delta descriptions that I think is inaccurate, and it's that Deltas are this wise and mature quadra. We deltas can be just as immature as other quadras, minus the "crazy" type of immaturity though. I've noticed that idealism and naivety has a way of going hand and hand as well.
    I'm also starting to think Delta has this slightly subversive element to it. In an awesome way.

    I forgot why I think that, though. Maybe I'll have a brainwave today.

  15. #15
    Creepy-Cyclops

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ArchonAlarion View Post
    In an intimate relationship I'd expect a caregiver to "nurture". To maintain a certain environment condusive to the continuation of our bond.

    That doesn't mean Si is "nurturing" or "perceives comfort". It means that within the context of relationships (usually more intimate or at least close) it means that Si behavior can be described as "nurturing"
    If we feed our partners lots of cookies then they'll get a fatter ass so they'll be even more comfortable when sitting down.

  16. #16
    Sauron, The Great Enemy ArchonAlarion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    POOPLAIR
    TIM
    Alpha NT 5w4 so/sx
    Posts
    4,399
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    In the socion cycle, Deltas stabalize resources and tie up loose ends in preparation for the Alpha paradigm shift (which they are unaware of and will eventually come to resent even as they unknowingly set the foundations).
    OPERATION POOPLAIR

    Now conscripting, for more information come here: http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...48#post1003048

  17. #17
    ESTj Tom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    562
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    I'll give your aunt a good stuffing.
    Pffffftt hahahahahahahaha

    Quote Originally Posted by ArchonAlarion View Post
    In the socion cycle, Deltas stabalize resources and tie up loose ends in preparation for the Alpha paradigm shift (which they are unaware of and will eventually come to resent even as they unknowingly set the foundations).
    Or not resent, if they see the continuation of the cycle as an unending form of stability. The lack of Fi is a bit ruinous, though.
    Wond'ring aloud, How we feel today. Last night sipped the sunset, My hand in her hair. We are our own saviours, As we start both our hearts, Beating life Into each other. ~Ian Anderson

  18. #18
    Sauron, The Great Enemy ArchonAlarion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    POOPLAIR
    TIM
    Alpha NT 5w4 so/sx
    Posts
    4,399
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Ruinous powers of CHAOS.

    Si + Fe
    OPERATION POOPLAIR

    Now conscripting, for more information come here: http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...48#post1003048

  19. #19
    Park's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Beyond the blue horizon
    TIM
    SLI
    Posts
    13,088
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    ISTPJIM YOU CHANGED YOUR NAME!
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

    Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

  20. #20
    Park's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Beyond the blue horizon
    TIM
    SLI
    Posts
    13,088
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cyrano View Post
    Wow! That's pretty much how I was thinking. I also found this....

    Originally Posted by Topaz
    @schrödinger's cat: when you look at the conscious and unconscious attitudes of Delta, which are you can see that we all agree on certain lines of thinking and action. For example is about bodily comfort, beauty and simplicity and cleanliness (at least I think it is ) So all of Delta have that as a particular value. is about logic and objective order and just plain commo sense, also efficency and not wasting recources. Definitely Delta Values. says Delta is about fantasy, potential and originality, making something useful out of something old, creating an idealized world (or apartment :wink: ) Finally Is about good relations. The unexpressed ethical logic of human relations. Being peaceful with others, acting in harmony. All of Delta value that. Each of these quality out of neccesity has to repress the opposite value in order to function. That doesnt mean there has to be war with the opposite quad but it does demonstrate the tension that can arrise.
    is out there, power, position, strength, push, pull, grab. is more smell, taste, texture, color, space, relaxation, calm. in your face emotions; anger, passion, love, crying, rejoicing, ennui etc. does not like its emotions laid out for the public to walk on. It is subtle, removed, focused on principles and intergrity etc. All that personal emotion is reserved for just a few. Everyone else gets principled kindness. wants to make systems and come up with its own way of classifying everything. It goes deep into its own view seeking to perfect it. is not trying to reinvent the wheel. If it aint broke dont fix it - Use it and get some work done, for crying out loud.
    I think Delta is like an egg. beautiful and simple efficient and protective full of potential, a new life Life a value that everyone can see as precious and good.
    That's a bit simplified but accurate. There was another old post by the same user on the same subject that went something like "if you're Delta then you like this&that and dislike this&that..." that was even shorter but very Delta-esque. I'll see if I can find it.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

    Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

  21. #21
    without the nose Cyrano's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Columbus, Ohio USA
    Posts
    1,021
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Winterpark View Post
    ISTPJIM YOU CHANGED YOUR NAME!
    Witness protection program. shhh.
    ISTp
    SLI

    Enneagram 5 with a side of wings.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •