Thread: INTJ Bloody INTJ

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default INTJ Bloody INTJ

I am an INTJ. I notice that I procratinate very often or leave things till the

very last minute. Is it in INTJ nature to be a procrastinator?

I don't understand it; it is a blessing to be given a gift - the INTJ

personality.Yet I have no real power to use it due to the procrastinating.

Creepy-

find something that interests you. Then you'll do it well b/c you'll be passionate about it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro-the-Lion
    This might be connected to the PoLR where you try to screw yourself over wise and then you have to expend a lot of energy to get back to a steady pace. The weak functions all seem to exhibit this cycle.
    Is there a way through this?

Also, what do you mean that "the weak functions all seem to exhibit this

cycle". Do you mean the weak functions of all intj's in general, or

do you mean the weakest of the INTJ's?

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: INTJ Bloody INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by sancho
    Is it in INTJ nature to be a procrastinator?
    INTJ's lack intiative, according to the narod website.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default INTJ Bloody INTJ

Same here, at school I always end up doing or finishing of coursework at the last moment, but most of the time I always complete what i' set.
    I remember when i did art... yuck i hated it, could never be bothered with it and same with stuff that was set.
    hopefully i'll get good GCSE grades.

Creepy-ytt

I am a intj, I would say I am always the first to finish all my work in my classes, intj’s tend to lack initiative when they are performing a task they have no interest in.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: INTJ Bloody INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Hugo
    Quote Originally Posted by sancho
    Is it in INTJ nature to be a procrastinator?
    INTJ's lack intiative, according to the narod website.
    Well Hugo. After self observation, I think you are quite right.

I lack initiative, and this sucks.

Now how do we find a solution?

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The solution I found as an intj is to stay organized, minimize the work you have to do and ma ximize the effort ...

What I mean is that if you are going to procrastinate, and you know you don't want to do something that means you must put in a lot of effort to think of a way to minimize the amount of physical work you do when you end up doing it at the last moment.

I am not sure if that made any sense, but that is what I have done to compensate.

Creepy-David

Quote Originally Posted by ytt
    I am a intj, I would say I am always the first to finish all my work in my classes, intj’s tend to lack initiative when they are performing a task they have no interest in.
    I agree 100%. I am also one to get started early projects ... so long as I enjoy it. I think the Ps are the stereotypical procrastinators. However, I'm sure anyone could pick up procrastination as a bad habit.

I should also add that I don't necessarily start a project and break it into even chunks like an ISTJ might do. My ISTJ friend was assigned a 20 page essay. He did exactly 2 pages a night for 10 days straight, finishing 3 days ahead of schedule. I tend to work in somewhat random intervals. When I feel extra creative I will really push myself.

Creepy-David

I forgot to say I am an INTJ.

I also remembered something else I read a while back.

Js tend to dread starting new projects while Ps are very enthusiastic about jumping in. On the other hand, Ps become disintrested when they are almost done with the project, while Js become obsessed with finishing.

Here is my example. I am a computer science major. Last semester the class was assigned a group project that would last 5 weeks. Each group had 4 members. My group consisted of 2 INTJs (including me) and 2 INTPs. Myself and the other INTJ got very into the design portion, putting off the actual coding. The INTPs got easily anoyed during the design portion of the project; they wanted to jump in and start coding. I must admit however that the INTPs did not slack of at the end of the project, contrary to the 3rd paragraph of this post. At the same time, I was in a kickass group and everybody was an excellent worker.

Here is a more classic example. Another project (2 person group - different people) lasted 2 weeks. It was me and an INTP. The INTP guy said he would go ahead and take care of the client/server networking the first week of the project. I on the other hand slacked off and let him take over there. The 2nd week of the project, the INTP did nothing and I worked for nearly 4 days straight (8 hours of sleep total). The last night when we were supposed ot integrate our code, the INTP fell asleep. We got a 0 on the project.

===================
    THE POINT:
    ===================
    The second example showed the INTJ procrastinate starting, and the INTP procrastinated finishing. Maybe typology only has to do with which part of the project is procrastinated. I think I will stick with assuming that anybody can pick up the bad habit of procrastinating. Saying that procrastination is typical of a certain type is like saying a certain type smokes cigarettes.
    ===================

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

David, you are exactly right. As an INTp, I start projects haphazardly, and then I lose interest halfway through them. To try and finish projects I have no enthusiasm for is almost completely unbearable. So you know, I look like a lazy ass to many people.

Your INTp friend,

Cone
    Binary or dichotomous systems, although regulated by a principle, are among the most artificial arrangements that have ever been invented. -- William Swainson, A Treatise on the Geography and Classification of Animals (1835)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hehe. I can start and finish anything I enjoy working on . . . it can be both the starting AND the finishing of stuff I don't enjoy that I put off.

Or any combination thereof!
    Entp
    ILE

TIM
    LSI-C™
    Mentioned
    237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

David you make some interesting points. I think the MBTI terms of "closure" vs "openness" to describe JvsP is pretty accurate, which sticks with what your saying. INTjs prefer closure which is why they have trouble starting because they are too "closed off" to any new situation they havent officially accpeted. Once the INTj does accept the project he is more likely to finish because closure doesnt allow him to move to something else very easily. So INTjs are generally either too closed off to start, or too closed off not too finish.

For an INTp, on the other hand openness is his style, hell start a project without closing himself off to the possibility of moving to something else before finishing the project. In fact closing himself off to such a possiblity would be rather painsatiking for him, even if its not impossible, depending on the length of the project and the energy it demands. Closing himself off to a possibilty would actually drain his energy because he would have to force himself to do it, which would make him more likely to move on to something else to refuel his energy.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

dstf

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gugu_ baba
    it is a blessing to be given a gift - the INTJ personality
    Are you sure it is a bless???
    For me is like the worst nightmare
    [/quote]

Why is that?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

dstf

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gugu_ baba
    Coz my personality makes things difficult for me, generally speaking
    Flash news for you Kim as if you didn't already know that
    bah now I can feel your intrusiveness on my own skin, though
    There's gotta be more that I have to learn about people! That's ENFp for you :wink:
    “Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage.”
    ― Anais Nin

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

dstf

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged