Thread: Type this person:

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Type this person:

-Most comfortable using logic and reason; likes to think and talk analytically about emotions but has trouble with the actual experience of emotion in self and others
    -Really appreciates hugs and physical affection
    -Very good at talking about art, generous with both praise and specific constructive criticism, good at explaining what he sees, placing art in context, making links between what he sees and what he thinks the artist is experiencing; same goes for behaviors/phenomena he sees in individuals and groups
    -In some ways highly empathetic and aware of others’ moods, but also has a hard time seeing how his own behavior or moods affect others
    -Moody, gets bored and distracted easily, often retreats from social interaction, but can focus for hours and hours on something he’s really interested in or challenged by
    -Spends a lot of time on the internet, likes to communicate with others virtually, but can sometimes be hard to draw out into actual communication in the physical world; but once you’ve got him communicating, he’s a great conversationalist and a great listener, and is genuinely interested in people and “how they work”; doesn’t judge people, likes to analyze and observe individuals and relationships
    -As a young kid, prone to emotional outbursts, cried easily and was very sentimental about objects and places, got very angry and physically violent when teased, but was also really fun and goofy and game for any kind of play, especially creative play involving pretending, costumes, silly voices and characters, and would sometimes break into spontaneous interpretive dance when music was playing
    -Wants to leave the path and make his own trail
    -Can be self-centered and often wants to know what others think about him; thinks he’s smarter than most people and wants to be naturally good at everything (if he’s not naturally good at it, he doesn’t do it)
    -Sometimes it’s hard to tell whether he’s really “present” in a situation, then later you’re surprised to hear that he was actually having fun/likes people/was paying attention, etc.
    -Strong sense of honor for himself and others, vehemently hates unfairness and prejudice
    -Generous and giving; wants to be able to pay for things, take care of himself, and treat others, but sometimes has a hard time “being responsible” and keeping things together
    -Sometimes loses things or forgets to do things
    -Willing to admit his weaknesses, but sometimes can’t see when they are getting him in trouble, or when he’s out of control
    -Has a hard time seeing how his behavior in the present will affect what happens to him in the future, and making decisions based on that understanding; present satisfaction trumps future consequences (definitely would grab the marshmallow)
    -Magnetic, but elusive…often causes drama in his family and is often the topic of conversation, is always the center of his friend group
    -Very dedicated to people; would never ditch a friend or forget to include them
    -Likes soft things
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gilly ??

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SSSSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    ILE (ENTp)
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default x

It's Captain America!

ILE "Searcher"
    Socionics: ENTp
    DCNH: Dominant --> perhaps Normalizing
    Enneagram: 7w6 "Enthusiast"
    MBTI: ENTJ "Field Marshall" or ENTP "Inventor"
    Astrological sign: Aquarius

To learn, read. To know, write. To master, teach.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mimosa Pudica View Post
    :wink:
    le sigh...

Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sounds pretty textbook wanting Si and Fe alpha irrational. Yeah that's an ILE
    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

TIM
    ILE (ENTp)
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly View Post
    -Most comfortable using logic and reason; likes to think and talk analytically about emotions but has trouble with the actual experience of emotion in self and others
    Captain America: a source of strength

Captain America is always ready to bang a friend

-Very good at talking about art, generous with both praise and specific constructive criticism, good at explaining what he sees, placing art in context, making links between what he sees and what he thinks the artist is experiencing; same goes for behaviors/phenomena he sees in individuals and groups
    Captain America loves to learn new stuff

-In some ways highly empathetic and aware of others’ moods, but also has a hard time seeing how his own behavior or moods affect others
    Captain America notices everything: you just can't lure him

-Moody, gets bored and distracted easily, often retreats from social interaction, but can focus for hours and hours on something he’s really interested in or challenged by
    Captain America doesn't waste time: he is busy saving the World

-Spends a lot of time on the internet, likes to communicate with others virtually, but can sometimes be hard to draw out into actual communication in the physical world; but once you’ve got him communicating, he’s a great conversationalist and a great listener, and is genuinely interested in people and “how they work”; doesn’t judge people, likes to analyze and observe individuals and relationships
    Captain America keeps up with hi-tech devices

-As a young kid, prone to emotional outbursts, cried easily and was very sentimental about objects and places, got very angry and physically violent when teased, but was also really fun and goofy and game for any kind of play, especially creative play involving pretending, costumes, silly voices and characters, and would sometimes break into spontaneous interpretive dance when music was playing
    Nobody is perfect

Go, Captain!

-Can be self-centered and often wants to know what others think about him; thinks he’s smarter than most people and wants to be naturally good at everything (if he’s not naturally good at it, he doesn’t do it)
    Bang

-Sometimes it’s hard to tell whether he’s really “present” in a situation, then later you’re surprised to hear that he was actually having fun/likes people/was paying attention, etc.
    Captain America cares about the future

-Strong sense of honor for himself and others, vehemently hates unfairness and prejudice
    My kind of guy

-Generous and giving; wants to be able to pay for things, take care of himself, and treat others, but sometimes has a hard time “being responsible” and keeping things together
    My man

Damn!

-Willing to admit his weaknesses, but sometimes can’t see when they are getting him in trouble, or when he’s out of control
    Captain America is a human being too

-Has a hard time seeing how his behavior in the present will affect what happens to him in the future, and making decisions based on that understanding; present satisfaction trumps future consequences (definitely would grab the marshmallow)
    asfdk

-Magnetic, but elusive…often causes drama in his family and is often the topic of conversation, is always the center of his friend group
    asfdk

asfdk

-Likes soft things
    So he's not into guys
    ILE "Searcher"

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's pretty much my description(sorry to steal your limelight ). So that means I am an ILE too? I'm also 3w4 sx/sp/so (also 8w9)

TIM
    ILE (ENTp)
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by xkj220 View Post
    That's pretty much my description(sorry to steal your limelight ). So that means I am an ILE too? I'm also 3w4 sx/sp/so (also 8w9)
    We are all ILEs and SEIs. Deal with it
    ILE "Searcher"

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

See, the problem here is that the person writing the description is SEI :wink:

Under cerulean skies...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Crap. I really need to reevaluate my understandings of each type. I used to think SEI (ISFPs) were sort of emo pussies, that watch opera and whine all day. Blame MBTI

TIM
    ILE (ENTp)
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly View Post
    See, the problem here is that the person writing the description is SEI :wink:
    He/she must be someone who really cares about you. Congratulations
    ILE "Searcher"

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 1981slater View Post
    He/she must be someone who really cares about you. Congratulations
    She's my sister

Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, if this isn't conclusive, I don't know what will be. Not only was the description blatantly ENTp (not beta NF in the least), but also written by your sister -- let alone an ISFp herself ?? come on...
    4w3-5w6-8w7

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The thing is, the majority of what she wrote can be easily attributed to simply weak Si, and an SEI's interpretation of what someone with weak Si needs.

Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And also, of course, Fe/Ti valuing.

Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Really it was just a whim to post it at all, especially because I was considering ILE. But I guess your advice isn't horrid.

+
    I think this is partly related to her perception of weak Si in terms of the "actual experience" of emotion; I do "flee" from uncomfortable situations sometimes, and sometimes I have a hard time accepting that people feel a certain way if I see it as ridiculous or stupid in a larger context. I also think that this might be a typical interpretation of NiFe by SiFe as sort of "troubled" or turbulent. As for logic and reason, well, there could be some Ti HA in there, as well as the fact that I'm somewhat detached and she's very much not so.
    +
    True, but this is standard in our family, simply part of the way we were raised to show affection
    +
    I think this is mostly related to Ni+Fe.
    + Fe, but without Si
    + Fe, irrational, introvert
    +Intuitive, ethical
    + Merry
    + Merry, irrational
    +
    Enneagram 3 also perhaps Ti HA
    + IEI seeing lack of Si, but noticing Fe values
    +
    Beta, SeTi Super-Id
    +
    Weak Se,
    +
    Again weak Si
    +
    Weak Si again
    +
    Merry with weak Te perhaps
    +
    Textbook Beta NF
    +
    Good person?
    -Likes soft things
    + Just the kind of thing an SEI would notice

Under cerulean skies...

Contrarian Traditionalist Krig the Viking's Avatar
    TIM
    C-LII
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree with Allie. All theories are based on two things: evidence and interpretation of that evidence. What most Internet-based typing suffer from is lack of evidence. Right now what we need from you is more evidence, not more interpretation. That can come after we've received sufficient evidence.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

fwiw I have never seen ILE in Gilly, just a histrionic EIE. I suppse ILE-Ne, a real far end Ne subtype could work for him .. since they have alot stronger Fe HA and alot less noticable Ti creative. But I don't see him nearly clever enough to be ILE. Really, I don't remember him saying something logically insightful... ever. Ever, at all. That's doesnt make sense for an ILE. And he really doesn't seem to have the spark of Ne dominance in him. IEI is a definite no, though.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alright.

+
    I'm not "most comfortable" using logic and reason; these are a defense mechanism for me, a way to make me feel like things fit, to be sure of how everything works. Sometimes I take a therapist perspective and analyze myself simply because I don't KNOW what's going on inside me, and I like to at least try to make sense of myself, to have an explanation so everything fits.

+
    True, I guess; not much to say here.

+
    I interpret my sister's art very clearly, because I know her, and whenever I see anything in her art I IMMEDIATELY know what it's about; I get how she thinks, I usually know what is going on in her life at the time, what overriding themes are important to her, what kind of "mode" she is in, etc. Other art obviously doesn't come AS clearly, because I don't know or understand other people as well as I do my sister, but at the same time I naturally have a talent and tendency to put myself in other people's shoes and see the world through their eyes, so I can always at least get a distinctive "feeling" of what it's about, and since I'm a very verbally oriented person, I'm good at explaining what I see and feel, even if I can't pin the concrete details that it refers to like I can with my sister.

+
    I tend to be somewhat stormy when I'm not intentionally controlling my appearance, and I think my sister is, in particular, very sensitive to "disturbances" in her environment. When I stayed with my sister and her husband for a while (she is SEI, he is EIE or ESE), it was kind of rocky sometimes because my "stormyness" doesn't mix well with their ideal environment: they like to be positive, encouraging, and are generally cheerful people, whereas I am more direct and unafraid of "being" how I truly feel when I am around people I trust. I don't pay much attention to their brand of "environment;" I am more concerned with my own internal processes, and I feel that people should be responsible for their own emotions, whereas they saw me as just being plain inconsiderate sometimes, simply for acting how I felt.

+
    I'm very moody, and also not easily stimulated; I am generally in something of an emotional torpor whenever I'm not directly engaging something that interests me. I don't like big groups; they trigger my social anxiety. However I get "in the zone" when discussing things that interest me, thinking about my life, or working on my writing or some other project.

+
    I used to spend a lot more time on the internet than I do now, I guess, although in the last few days I've been foruming more than usual. I don't really interact well with my family sometimes; I feel like I am just a very different brand of person than they are. One on one, I work fine with any of them, although my interactions with my mom can be stormy, and my dad and I just dont really have much in common at all, despite our obvious outward similarities, in both looks and behavior. But as a group, I find that they have a dynamic that I don't really engage in very easily.
    I try my best to understand that everyone has their problems and issues, and though I don't like being around some people, I assume that everyone is the way they are for a reason, so it's not really my place to judge whether they are a "good" or "bad" person; I'm very choosy about who I spend time with, and I have strong feelings about certain people, but I think it's pretty stupid when others try to make carte-blanche judgments about other people as human beings.

+
    As a kid I was very sensitive because I was teased a lot at school. I was the youngest, so I was used to getting a lot of attention, and sometimes resented it when other things seemed "more important" to my family than I was. Other stuff doesn't really merit interpretation.

+
    I resent group mentalities, tend to think of a lot of people as "sheep," and am wary of becoming susceptible to groupthink; being myself and doing what I want is very important to me.

+
    This is basically true I'm often stubborn in defense of my own interests

+
    I don't always talk a lot in social situations; I prefer to stand by, absorb, and get a feel for other people, unless I am the center of attention. I often get bored with simple banter when I feel like a conversation is uninteresting, and if other people are there to carry on in lieu of my mental absence, I will freely drift off

+
    Not sure about a sense of "honor," but I do detest unfairness, and especially hate to see people abusing power or position. I like to stand up for the little guy, because I've been there.

+
    Used to be very true, but I've improved at "keeping it together." I like to be generous towards my inner circle of friends, I will spend money freely to "make things happen," whether its helping a friend out with a few bucks for a movie or meal, or lending/giving a larger amount to help a friend afford a train ticket to come see me. I have a strong need for independence and autonomy.

+
    True, I'm clumsy and spacey.

+

+
    I'm definitely impulsive, but also wary of long term consequences; I am, however, willing to make long-term sacrifices for reward in the moment.

+
    I'm really the only source of drama or controversy in my family, because everyone else is usually content to be "Happy happy " and I'm a little more direct about how I feel about certain things. Also, everyone except me generally lets my mother steamroll them because they think she will make things miserable if they don't; I'm more obstinate about my preferences and how I think things should be done, and refuse to let her always have her way just because she's willing to pitch a tent and throw a fit. I'm also the troublemaker, the only one in my entire family, immediate or extended, who has gotten involved in any criminal or shady activities, and am also the only outspoken non-theist, so naturally a lot of disputes and drama surround my presence.
    I've always been a "leader" amongst peers, partly because I hate thinking of myself as anything less, but also because I have a degree of personal magnetism, a way with words when the mood takes me, and natural leadership skills: I'm assertive, I stand up for the interests of my friends, I am willing to go the extra mile and make things happen when everyone else usually gives up.

+
    I'm totally devoted to my close friends and family, I'd never backstab or leave any of them out for the world. I hate feeling "left out," so I do my best to never let someone I care about feel that way. My friends are like family, and nobody else really matters very much to me at all; I can easily lie to, coerce, deceive, or hurt people I have no connection to if it is in the best interest of one of my friends, even more easily than if it is in my own personal interest. I will stop at absolutely nothing for the people who I care about, and I am more adamant about this than anything in my life, even my own ambitions.

-Likes soft things
    +I like soft things I had a comfort blanket as a kid that I would rarely part with, a la Linus from Charlie Brown

Under cerulean skies...

Creepy-Pied Piper

Removed at User Request